Which turbo kit is right for you? - Page 14 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Turbo
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #326
Jahnnie
Bossin

Jahnnie is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironraven View Post
Yes. A good tune is absolutely critical though. A power goal is necessary before anyone can really tell you what's possible.
atleast 400whp safely
RIP ABP RSX-S <magnEsium tuned>
216whp 147wtq
Jahnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #327
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
You can push 400 on stock internals with a good tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #328
bkeyes4

bkeyes4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bkeyes4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bkeyes4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bkeyes4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bkeyes4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bkeyes4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bkeyes4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bkeyes4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
ok im going to turbo my 02 base rsx.... what turbo should i use? oh and last night i raced a 97 cougar xr7 with a 4.6L v8 and almost had him... so i just need that extra kick
bkeyes4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #329
tkline_RSX-S
New RSX-S Owner

tkline_RSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tkline_RSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tkline_RSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tkline_RSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tkline_RSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tkline_RSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tkline_RSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tkline_RSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
lets just say idk where to start this is my first car and need TONS of help. all i know is i want a turbo and to run high 10s low 11s or faster.
tkline_RSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #330
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Don't boost your first car to be a 10 second car. You'll fucking die.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #331
cryosamurai
Program VietNow...Vexed

cryosamurai is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I just want to beat evos, sti's on the highway, or from 3rd gear pulls...will the peakboost kit with the t3/t4 work or would i need the GT30R?? (plus clutch, and LSD)

yes, its a very noob type question. there is more to it than this, i just want this simple question answered so i can make other decisions.
cryosamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #332
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryosamurai View Post
I just want to beat evos, sti's on the highway, or from 3rd gear pulls...will the peakboost kit with the t3/t4 work or would i need the GT30R?? (plus clutch, and LSD)

yes, its a very noob type question. there is more to it than this, i just want this simple question answered so i can make other decisions.
1. Racing on the highway is for douchebags with deathwishes, take it to the track.
2. You need a power goal, not a "I wanna beat this car" goal because remember that OTHER cars can be modded too.
3. The most important mod is the driver mod.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #333
cryosamurai
Program VietNow...Vexed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironraven View Post
1. Racing on the highway is for douchebags with deathwishes, take it to the track.
2. You need a power goal, not a "I wanna beat this car" goal because remember that OTHER cars can be modded too.
3. The most important mod is the driver mod.
ya great thanks, dad.

ok well, negating the fact that sti's and evos are AWD, how much power would be required in the rsx to pull away from these two stock cars in the quarter mile, particularly after a somewhat equal launch at the track. Secondly, would this power level in the rsx be attainable with a simple all motor set up of boltons and kpro, or would a more advanced set up be required such as forced induction. If in fact forced induction is required, would a T3/T4 suffice, or would a GT30R or bigger be needed.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #334
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

bkk6284 is on a distinguished road bkk6284 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ya great thanks, dad.

ok well, negating the fact that sti's and evos are AWD, how much power would be required in the rsx to pull away from these two stock cars in the quarter mile, particularly after a somewhat equal launch at the track. Secondly, would this power level in the rsx be attainable with a simple all motor set up of boltons and kpro, or would a more advanced set up be required such as forced induction. If in fact forced induction is required, would a T3/T4 suffice, or would a GT30R or bigger be needed.

A) he is trying to not only prevent you from hurting yourself, but also innocent bystanders that drive on the highway.

B) No one can give you an answer. You are being extremely vague. stock WRX? 10000000awhp wrx? All motor DC5s can take stock subbies but not others...

C) Certain t3/t4 turbos will make the same exact horsepower as GT30R. Gt30R just means it is a garrett bb turbo with a 76 or 71mm compressor wheel.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #335
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
ya great thanks, dad.

No problem son. You do have the mental capacity of my 3 year old. What's the point of racing from a roll? There's no skill and the person with the most money (or least sense) wins. If you want to win from a roll go get a tank of naaaaaawwwwwzzzzzzzzzz. If you want to win at the track go buy a RWD or AWD car.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #336
cryosamurai
Program VietNow...Vexed

ok thanks you two ^ I dont think i was being that vague, i was clear about comparing the rsx vs. a STOCK subie. And yes, exceeding the speed limit on the highway is very dangerous and must be a behavior that is not expressed. I do want to put my car on the track, sadly my state is horrible at letting people drive on road courses, which is what i would really like. but my question is answered now, so thanks. Its nice to know an all motor DC5 can take a stock subie, and i did not know a t3/t4 can make same hp as GT30r, but i am assuming the garrett 30r bb turbo is a much higher quality and efficient turbo.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #337
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

Quote:
ok thanks you two ^ I dont think i was being that vague, i was clear about comparing the rsx vs. a STOCK subie. And yes, exceeding the speed limit on the highway is very dangerous and must be a behavior that is not expressed. I do want to put my car on the track, sadly my state is horrible at letting people drive on road courses, which is what i would really like. but my question is answered now, so thanks. Its nice to know an all motor DC5 can take a stock subie, and i did not know a t3/t4 can make same hp as GT30r, but i am assuming the garrett 30r bb turbo is a much higher quality and efficient turbo.
I don't think you fully comprehend how vague it is to compare a specific turbo like a GT30R to a "t3/t4" turbo.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #338
cryosamurai
Program VietNow...Vexed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkk6284 View Post
I don't think you fully comprehend how vague it is to compare a specific turbo like a GT30R to a "t3/t4" turbo.
ya i probably dont, i have never had either, i dont understand trim levels and housing sizes or all that stuff very well, i read about it, but still plugging it all together. I just read and try to figure out which ones are strong and which kits are crap. sorry.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #339
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

Quote:
ya i probably dont, i have never had either, i dont understand trim levels and housing sizes or all that stuff very well, i read about it, but still plugging it all together. I just read and try to figure out which ones are strong and which kits are crap. sorry.
Go with a precision "SC" turbo or a garret dual bb if you want anywhere from 350-600 horsepower. If you only want 300, go with a greddy kit with 3" turbo back exhaust. The ball-bearing garrett's will decrease lag signifigantly.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #340
cryosamurai
Program VietNow...Vexed

ya i like the fact that the bb garrett have less lag..how much will the tranny hold under everyday driving conditions?
Old 10-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #341
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

Quote:
ya i like the fact that the bb garrett have less lag..how much will the tranny hold under everyday driving conditions?
Not well. Several turbo guys are going to be doing some cryo treatment to the gears. It will be interesting to see how that works out. I'm probably going to be doing this before I put sticky tires on this summer so i don't blow my tranny. Right now I'm on stock wheels with stock all season tires so I'm not worried about blowing anything.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #342
cryosamurai
Program VietNow...Vexed

well i already got cryo treatment, i am cryosamurai jk
ya i been talking to arcull and he has gone through some trannies...that is a whole new can of worms..has anyone had any luck with the ppg dog box? or anything like that, with 400+hp

thanks for the info, it points me in the right direction, possibly a small greddy kit, or something else under 300whp
Old 10-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #343
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

Quote:
well i already got cryo treatment, i am cryosamurai jk
ya i been talking to arcull and he has gone through some trannies...that is a whole new can of worms..has anyone had any luck with the ppg dog box? or anything like that, with 400+hp

thanks for the info, it points me in the right direction, possibly a small greddy kit, or something else under 300whp
I'd go s/c before I went greddy. PPG's are expensive. If you can shell out 4 grand for gears, more power to you, but if you do, I'd go all out pb/full race 450+hp
Old 10-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #344
Flanz
4039whp 2956wtq @ 88psi

Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with Flanz is a name not to mess with
x2 if youre looking for 300whp go supercharger...dont bother with the greddy kit

Quote:
Not well. Several turbo guys are going to be doing some cryo treatment to the gears. It will be interesting to see how that works out. I'm probably going to be doing this before I put sticky tires on this summer so i don't blow my tranny. Right now I'm on stock wheels with stock all season tires so I'm not worried about blowing anything.
mine will be done tomorrow

570whp 424wtq VBP FullRace and PPG Turbo RSX-S SOLD
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #345
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
x2 if youre looking for 300whp go supercharger...dont bother with the greddy kit

mine will be done tomorrow
Let us know how it goes, I'm extremely interested.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #346
nicetrydre

nicetrydre is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicetrydre is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicetrydre is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicetrydre is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicetrydre is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicetrydre is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicetrydre is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicetrydre is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
will installing a turbo on a 05-06 RSX S make my car not street legal? i dont know much about turbo and CARB my RSX S is my first car and i just wanted to know if I can install a turbo on it. any info about this will be appreciated.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:31 PM   #347
ELIASMOGIR

ELIASMOGIR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ELIASMOGIR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ELIASMOGIR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ELIASMOGIR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ELIASMOGIR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ELIASMOGIR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ELIASMOGIR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ELIASMOGIR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
2006 acura rsx base model

I just got an 06 rsx base auto and if i wanted to boost it im not looking to really race that much i just want a faster car what would i need other then a turbo kit to install it? like do i need to do anything to the engine or injectors or exhuast?headers? ecu? please if you can some advice
ELIASMOGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #348
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIASMOGIR View Post
I just got an 06 rsx base auto and if i wanted to boost it im not looking to really race that much i just want a faster car what would i need other then a turbo kit to install it? like do i need to do anything to the engine or injectors or exhuast?headers? ecu? please if you can some advice
If you have to ask about needing headers with a turbo kit, you have a lot of research to do.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #349
Axix23
:)

Axix23 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
If you have to ask about needing headers with a turbo kit, you have a lot of research to do.
my gf said that I need aftermarket headers for my car... LMAO
FORSALE: FS: ONE MINT 17x8" Gunmetal SSR Type-C-RS wheel, Black T1 Racing turbo blanket, NEW Tial 44m WG Spring(2.9psi), NEW Tial 50mm BOV 11 psi spring, NEW o2 extension, OEM RSX-S injectors with clips, pair of Digital h1 3k Hid bulbs, and NEW Gatorback 4070775 belt, PM me for prices....
Axix23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #350
bluetm
call me Drew.

bluetm is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ok, so i've got my '05 Type-S, and i want to go forced induction. Im not sure if i should go Peakboost setup with a GT3076R, or go against the grain and run the Kraftwerks Rotrex Supercharger kit.

Only downfall ive seen so far on the Rotrex is it requires an AC-delete. Ive been trying to find out if there is a way to do an AC-relocate so i dont have to get rid of it.

anyone have any input on which they think would be more bang for the buck?

"The greatest failure is not trying..."
bluetm is offline   Reply With Quote