Which turbo kit is right for you? - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Turbo
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 07-29-2006, 03:10 AM   #76
RSSXTricky
Gayest name ever

RSSXTricky is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
so if your living outside of california. then your more able to?... you know what im getting at
RSSXTricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #77
soloskarface
new to the racing scene

soloskarface is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
does anyone know if its safe to install a stage 2 full-race turbo kit on a stock engine for 06 type-s?
soloskarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #78
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloskarface
does anyone know if its safe to install a stage 2 full-race turbo kit on a stock engine for 06 type-s?
yes, but you are limited to the power you can make, but i would say you could safely make 400-450whp with a good tune and last a long time. then you just need to save up for a rebuild.

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 - daily
2002 SSM Type S - gone
RIP 2002 NHBP Type S - 452whp/358tq pump gas
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #79
rsx200613

rsx200613 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
as luck would have it, my friend is the inspection guy. oh yeah
rsx200613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:23 PM   #80
LV2XLR8

LV2XLR8 has been a little shit in the past
Well, I'm about to pick up my 06 type s next week and look into buying a turbo kit in the coming weeks. I was reading and it seems with the stock engine I should be safe with 400-450whp range. I'm planning to use this as my daily driver and I shouldn't be adding more power due than that due to the car being fwd. My question what turbo kit will best be suited for me? Full race maybe? Also, is there any turbo kits I can get that will pass smog in california?

Also, lets say the engine decides to take a shit on me, how much would it cost to rebuild the engine?

Last edited by LV2XLR8; 08-11-2006 at 03:28 PM..
LV2XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #81
03DSM-RSX

03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start
dont buy anything for your car yet. first thing to upgrade is those shitty stock tires or u will die.

drive your car, and learn how it drives before u put any power adders. u have a long way to go before consideriing boost.

03DSM-RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #82
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV2XLR8
Well, I'm about to pick up my 06 type s next week and look into buying a turbo kit in the coming weeks. I was reading and it seems with the stock engine I should be safe with 400-450whp range. I'm planning to use this as my daily driver and I shouldn't be adding more power due than that due to the car being fwd. My question what turbo kit will best be suited for me? Full race maybe? Also, is there any turbo kits I can get that will pass smog in california?

Also, lets say the engine decides to take a shit on me, how much would it cost to rebuild the engine?
First... 400 whp is not recommended for daily driving. It's possible... but not recommended.

Second... fullrace.

Third... there is NO turbo that will pass smog in cali. There are superchargers that are CARB approved though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #83
LV2XLR8

LV2XLR8 has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
dont buy anything for your car yet. first thing to upgrade is those shitty stock tires or u will die.

drive your car, and learn how it drives before u put any power adders. u have a long way to go before consideriing boost.
lol
What tires would you recommend?
Well the only reason why I want to do force induction because I came from a car that had 375rwhp, and I have a feeling that a stock type s is going to cut it. It will feel like losing an arm and a leg.
LV2XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #84
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
unless you run DR's or slicks, street tires wont help at all or much with boost

2002 SSM Type S - gone
Old 08-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #85
Rsx++
Banned

Rsx++ is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX

I guess you're an expert driver then?
Rsx++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:24 AM   #86
Fuccboi
y u mad tho?

Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member
hey! im very new to the site and the first thing i decided to take a look at was the FI forums. Im a couple years off before getting an rsx (just gotta wait till the end of my major) and im golden! I plan to drive it for a while before modding it so i can learn from it, but in the future i plan on a boost with stock internals with the goals of around 300-350 whp. The car wont be DD btw. I think full race has a bunch of good parts worth looking into some more, but you guys are saying HKS turbo kits are pointless? can anyone elaborate?

Ive done my fair share of research on what ill need as far as turbo kits go, but like i said, its gonna be a non dd, used for weekends, occasional drag strip use, hopefully more track oriented. Im at a loss of what kind of power id really like (mid range or high rpm range).

I found this thread very informative, just like the threads on Team-Integra, i own a Dc4 right now so I wanted to stick in the Honda/Acura family. I hope to learn much more in the future about dc5's through this site!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #87
rwc044

rwc044 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Help!!!!

I have a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S.(All Stock)

I'm not really all that experienced with car mods but all im really looking to do is get turbocharger for my car. The car has about 9000 miles on it and is not driven everyday.

So help me out...
What turbo?
Whats affordable?
What other parts would i need other than a turbo kit?
Etc...

Thanks for the help
rwc044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:47 AM   #88
TypeOneThree
Banned

TypeOneThree is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwc044
I have a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S.(All Stock)

I'm not really all that experienced with car mods but all im really looking to do is get turbocharger for my car. The car has about 9000 miles on it and is not driven everyday.

So help me out...
What turbo?
Whats affordable?
What other parts would i need other than a turbo kit?
Etc...

Thanks for the help
Sorry, but I had to do it...

Turnonator will match ur boosting needs perfectly
TypeOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:43 AM   #89
Mr B

Mr B is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
greddy turbo kit... 2500 without intercooler... good, bad?
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:44 AM   #90
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
greddy turbo kit... 2500 without intercooler... good, bad?
used or new?

2002 SSM Type S - gone
Old 10-04-2006, 01:36 AM   #91
Mr B

new
Old 10-04-2006, 01:37 AM   #92
Mr B

for sure
Old 10-04-2006, 01:48 AM   #93
DC5Ridah
is just tryna do this

DC5Ridah is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
new
nice...where did you find this at?
DC5Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:17 AM   #94
Mr B

wotm.com also crsx has it for like 2800... and i think they price match... but theres no intercooler...
Old 10-04-2006, 02:22 AM   #95
DC5Ridah
is just tryna do this

DC5Ridah is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
oh my bad it though it sayed wit intercooler...
DC5Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:36 AM   #96
svaillan
GT30R > Traction

svaillan is a rep WHORE
svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE
I'm looking at turbo kits for my 06 type s. I am a little confused, I have found kits for 02-04's, 05+ kits, and 02+ kits. I have been looking at the greddy its just a pain that you have to buy the intercooler and BOV on the side. I already have the hondata kpro with the piggy back harness that is required for the 05 and 06's $1700.00 plus instal and tuning &%$@# so I'm not going to have any engine managment issues. I am more interested in the engine placement and if it has changed. I think that the superchargers also changed in 05 but superchargers and turbos are apples and oranges as far as what you are putting under your hood. If anyone could help me out with this and any other ideas as far as turbo kits and also the impending clutch upgrade that is going to have to follow it would be a great help.
svaillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #97
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaillan View Post
I'm looking at turbo kits for my 06 type s. I am a little confused, I have found kits for 02-04's, 05+ kits, and 02+ kits. I have been looking at the greddy its just a pain that you have to buy the intercooler and BOV on the side. I already have the hondata kpro with the piggy back harness that is required for the 05 and 06's $1700.00 plus instal and tuning &%$@# so I'm not going to have any engine managment issues. I am more interested in the engine placement and if it has changed. I think that the superchargers also changed in 05 but superchargers and turbos are apples and oranges as far as what you are putting under your hood. If anyone could help me out with this and any other ideas as far as turbo kits and also the impending clutch upgrade that is going to have to follow it would be a great help.
Greddy is the cheapest kit avalible that will actually work (cybernation is cheaper but has TONS of problems). What are your power goals... figure that out and go from there. If you're looking for over 300 whp go Full Race.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-18-2006, 05:43 PM   #98
mikal1221

mikal1221 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I have a 2002 base rsx with the greddy kit, intercooler and blow off valve. I'm not all the familiar with all the technicalities of the kit, I had it installed just to get some more power a couple years back. I found out that oil was leaking into the exhaust and the guy that installed it sayed it was a gasket in the turbo in which he took part of the turbo off and put a metal plate to seal the other half of the turbo and also sealed the oil line. I also found out that the exhaust manifold is cracked, causing a loud rattle. Also, when it is warmer out, the engine tends to rev up and down when ideling and sometimes dies when I come to a stop. My goal is to get the car to run effeciently with the turbo on so I can just sell it. I still haven't had the other piece of the turbo put back on because the guy that installed it takes like 8 months to do everything. Should I just buy a new turbo and exhaust manifold or what?
mikal1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:56 PM   #99
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal1221 View Post
I have a 2002 base rsx with the greddy kit, intercooler and blow off valve. I'm not all the familiar with all the technicalities of the kit, I had it installed just to get some more power a couple years back. I found out that oil was leaking into the exhaust and the guy that installed it sayed it was a gasket in the turbo in which he took part of the turbo off and put a metal plate to seal the other half of the turbo and also sealed the oil line. I also found out that the exhaust manifold is cracked, causing a loud rattle. Also, when it is warmer out, the engine tends to rev up and down when ideling and sometimes dies when I come to a stop. My goal is to get the car to run effeciently with the turbo on so I can just sell it. I still haven't had the other piece of the turbo put back on because the guy that installed it takes like 8 months to do everything. Should I just buy a new turbo and exhaust manifold or what?
What EMS are you using?
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #100
mikal1221

mikal1221 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I am using the Greddy E-Manage system, I also have the controller w/ screen but I have no idea how to use it
mikal1221 is offline   Reply With Quote