Which turbo kit is right for you? - Page 5 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Turbo
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 10-18-2006, 06:40 PM   #101
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal1221 View Post
I am using the Greddy E-Manage system, I also have the controller w/ screen but I have no idea how to use it
E-manage is the root of the problem. In order to have a properly running car in all weather conditions you need to get a decent EMS or go back to the shop and get it re-tuned every couple of months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #102
03DSM-RSX

03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start
^theres your problem.

if u're trying to sell the car, take everything off. and part out watever u have left.

03DSM-RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:05 AM   #103
Buyakasha
Underestimated

Buyakasha is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
hey ive been lookin for a greddy kit for the base model i just bought a 2002 base 5-speed, i had a saab 9-3 b4 so im not new to turbos but i couldnt find a turbo kit for the base only the s. can u buy the kit for the s and use different software to make it work or will it not bolt on correctly
Buyakasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2006, 06:53 PM   #104
Deathfox

Deathfox is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Help

okay here is my situation, i have reviewed all the different turbio kits several times and i am looking for opinions to help me find the exact kit for me. I have a 2002 acura rsx type s and am looking for a kit that is for everyday but is able to give me 70-100hp+ in the price range of about $1-under$5k. I have looked at the Greddy kit and the only problem i see with it is that the gain is only 50hp safely. Also it would be GREAT if the kit is street legal. My car is comeplelety stock except an APEXi v-tech controller. Please help.

Thank You.
Deathfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:16 PM   #105
Insperation
Tap Me !!!

Insperation is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathfox View Post
okay here is my situation, i have reviewed all the different turbio kits several times and i am looking for opinions to help me find the exact kit for me. I have a 2002 acura rsx type s and am looking for a kit that is for everyday but is able to give me 70-100hp+ in the price range of about $1-under$5k. I have looked at the Greddy kit and the only problem i see with it is that the gain is only 50hp safely. Also it would be GREAT if the kit is street legal. My car is comeplelety stock except an APEXi v-tech controller. Please help.

Thank You.

First off take that VTEC controller off your car now! The K20 ECU hates piggy back controllers. APEXi VTEC controller & RSX doesn't get along. Take it off. If you want some type of engine management. Do it the right way, get Kpro.

Second, Greddy is the only one I know out there that advertise street legal kit. If your budget is $1-5K, Full Race Kit is just about near $5k ( Its worth every penny) & Rev hard is about $3100-$3900. A nice & simple kit that makes decent power & your able to upgrade your turbo.

Third, the kits to stay away from that will screw you according to the people on CRSX are: Cybernation,One-Fab, & Ad-Fab.
Insperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #106
Deathfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insperation View Post
First off take that VTEC controller off your car now! The K20 ECU hates piggy back controllers. APEXi VTEC controller & RSX doesn't get along. Take it off. If you want some type of engine management. Do it the right way, get Kpro.

Second, Greddy is the only one I know out there that advertise street legal kit. If your budget is $1-5K, Full Race Kit is just about near $5k ( Its worth every penny) & Rev hard is about $3100-$3900. A nice & simple kit that makes decent power & your able to upgrade your turbo.

Third, the kits to stay away from that will screw you according to the people on CRSX are: Cybernation,One-Fab, & Ad-Fab.

the APEXi controller is working great so far, i still get the same smooth ride from before and it upped the horsepower to 180.3 at the wheels from 158.0 and it upped the torque by 8
Old 10-25-2006, 12:50 AM   #107
Deathfox

i like the looks of the rev hard kit, is it legal?
Old 10-25-2006, 01:02 AM   #108
JMBare
I love Audi Junkie!!!

JMBare is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
No.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #109
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
Dude... search allready. No turbo kit for the RSX is legal. None. If you want legal boost go w/ a supercharger... I think it's either JR or CT that has a legal "street" kit.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #110
Insperation
Tap Me !!!

Insperation is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
the APEXi controller is working great so far, i still get the same smooth ride from before and it upped the horsepower to 180.3 at the wheels from 158.0 and it upped the torque by 8
WOW you gain about 20hp with APEXi VAFC????

Ya ok whatever. Everyone is here is gonna :
Insperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #111
Deathfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insperation View Post
WOW you gain about 20hp with APEXi VAFC????

Ya ok whatever. Everyone is here is gonna :
do u have any idea wtf u are talking about? the apexi controller took them 1hr 20mins or so to tune and ya i got that kind of boost from it. Did you try to install the controller yourself and end up accomplishing a 5hp gain? it's cuz u don't know wtf to do. get it professionally done
Old 10-26-2006, 11:00 PM   #112
Deathfox

so if all these kits are illegal how do you all plan on passing emissions?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #113
kuijo
Master Member

kuijo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
so if all these kits are illegal how do you all plan on passing emissions?
Oh god he's found us out!
kuijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #114
Deathfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuijo View Post
Oh god he's found us out!
or i just want to know how to pass emissions but ok.........
Old 10-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #115
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
K-pro has a setting to "set readiness" for OBDII scanner readings....or you can pay someone under the table to pass you....its not that hard to get it done....my car passed with open downpipe in the emmissions shop...lol

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 - daily
2002 SSM Type S - gone
RIP 2002 NHBP Type S - 452whp/358tq pump gas
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:33 AM   #116
svaillan
GT30R > Traction

svaillan is a rep WHORE
svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE
I found a stage 1 kit on revhard.com that looked really nice for the price. Do any of you have any feedback on revhard turbo kits???
svaillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:46 PM   #117
sm990

sm990 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i am looking at and am definitely interested in the full race stage 1 kit putting out 400 ponies. This leads me to wonder one thing, other than the fact that i am going to need an ems. my guess is that despite the durability of honda parts, using the stock clutch with this kit would be like trying to pull a freighter with a pontoon boat. Would i need to upgrade, just want to know so i can get everything done at once. Thanks in advance...
sm990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:12 AM   #118
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by svaillan View Post
I found a stage 1 kit on revhard.com that looked really nice for the price. Do any of you have any feedback on revhard turbo kits???
to put it in retrospective... revhard is like the DC sports of race headers and Full-Race is like the Toda of Race headers (turbo kit) speaking.....you basically need to customize your kit with revhard depending on your goals. but Full Race is also something you should look into... best in the industry.

2002 SSM Type S - gone
Old 10-31-2006, 12:14 AM   #119
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm990 View Post
i am looking at and am definitely interested in the full race stage 1 kit putting out 400 ponies. This leads me to wonder one thing, other than the fact that i am going to need an ems. my guess is that despite the durability of honda parts, using the stock clutch with this kit would be like trying to pull a freighter with a pontoon boat. Would i need to upgrade, just want to know so i can get everything done at once. Thanks in advance...
to answer your question yes, you need to upgrade the clutch. depending on what you go with is what else you would need to upgrade.

2002 SSM Type S - gone
Old 11-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #120
maxh3at

maxh3at is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Wut do you think of my build. Ive been on HT for years and had a boosted 300 whp GSR but this will be my first time going to K-series. My goals are 500+ whp and 350-400 tq. Price range is about $9-10k for the kit and motor. Ive priced most of the parts I need in this build but if anything isnt the right price please inform me so I can edit my list so im not lowballing too bad.

.:: Engine ::.

k24a1 block $300
Benson sleeved block
Benson balanced and micropolished crank
CP Pistons and rings
Pauter rods
OEM bearings
Gaskets as required
Blueprint and assembly
Built to handle 700 HP $3600
k20a2 Head $800
APR Headstuds $100
Hasport Mounts $500
k20 intermediate shaft $50
k20 axels $150
k20 wiring harness $50
rsx shifter box & cables $50
rsx throttle cable $50
aftermarket fuel regulator $100
rsx brake booster hose $25
radiator hose $25
Starter $50
Timing belt $100

.:: Transmission ::.
rsx type-s 6 speed Trans. /w quaife LSD $1400
Action 2MS 6 puck clutch (rated 500 whp) $400
ACT ProLite Flywheel $200

.:: Turbo ::.

GT35R BALL BEARING T4 TURBO $1000
Revhard turbo manifold $300
RevHard 3in downpipe $150
1000 cc injectors $250
uni. core intercooler + piping $300
Blow off valve $75
Tial wastegate $130
Turbo XS dualstage boost controller $250
Hondata K-pro /w ecu $900
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump $80
gm 3 bar map sensor $40
Z10 catchcan Kit $50

This will be going into my DC2 and anything else that I need for my conversion would help me make my list. Goals 500-600 whp and 350-400 tq but 450whp 300 tq daily driven. I think everything adds up to about $11500 with the trans. and buying some parts used some new if i cant find it used.

Last edited by maxh3at; 11-03-2006 at 07:00 PM..
maxh3at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #121
Point_particle
Complete Part Out

Point_particle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
whoa, where'd you get a GT35r for that cheap?
Point_particle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:57 AM   #122
maxh3at

maxh3at is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
HT and Evanstuning have a couple used for that price
maxh3at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #123
Eulogy
06 TypeS

Eulogy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
When you guys say "This kit is not legal." are you referring to emissions? Sorry I didnt read all 5 pages because i dont have the time lol.
Eulogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #124
bigt_45

bigt_45 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Sorry for the intrusion and not posting a new thread, but the site still wont let me and everyone on this thread seems to really know their stuff. Anyways, I have a base 02 rsx and of course I want to boost it. I am thinking about going with a turbo off of a stock 93 eclipse and setting it up to run 10 psi on my car. The setup will include all the custom bells and whistles (manifold, BOV, wastegate, intercooler, 550 injectors, etc, etc.) I was wondering if this is a sound idea? Also, I have realized that if you turbo an RSX and you dont get K-pro, you are an idiot, but I was wondering if I could tune my custom kit easily with it. What calibration should I use, the 10 psi RSX-S one? I will soak up knowledge anyone is willing to give! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bigt_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #125
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt_45 View Post
Sorry for the intrusion and not posting a new thread, but the site still wont let me and everyone on this thread seems to really know their stuff. Anyways, I have a base 02 rsx and of course I want to boost it. I am thinking about going with a turbo off of a stock 93 eclipse and setting it up to run 10 psi on my car. The setup will include all the custom bells and whistles (manifold, BOV, wastegate, intercooler, 550 injectors, etc, etc.) I was wondering if this is a sound idea? Also, I have realized that if you turbo an RSX and you dont get K-pro, you are an idiot, but I was wondering if I could tune my custom kit easily with it. What calibration should I use, the 10 psi RSX-S one? I will soak up knowledge anyone is willing to give! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. Don't boost your base. It's not worth the money; just ask the other base owners...
2. What turbo comes on the stock 93 eclipse? What manifold are you using?
3. How much are you planning on spending? You'd probably spend less buying a Greddy kit... you'd make more power and it'd fit and actually work. All the custom work you'd have to do to get the IC and piping to fit would pay for a kit designed for the car.
4. Yes, you can tune any mods to your car using Kpro.
5. You won't have a good basemap. Depending on what turbo that is... WTF am I saying... don't make a custom turbo kit with some shitty little turbo.
AAannnyway, don't boost your base.
Quote:

Quote: