Which turbo kit is right for you? - Page 6 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 11-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #126
bigt_45

bigt_45 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
From what I have read on this site, the base offers a lot for people wanting turbo with the lower compression than the type S. I think the 16G comes on the 93 eclipse, its bigger and better than the t25 and my friend was boosting his eclipse to 17psi with it (around 240hp). I havent decided on a manifold yet. I plan on spending a little over 2 grand (one grand being K-Pro), and I think that I will be able to load the map for the 10psi Civic Si with rev hard and 550 injectors.
bigt_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #127
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt_45 View Post
From what I have read on this site, the base offers a lot for people wanting turbo with the lower compression than the type S. I think the 16G comes on the 93 eclipse, its bigger and better than the t25 and my friend was boosting his eclipse to 17psi with it (around 240hp). I havent decided on a manifold yet. I plan on spending a little over 2 grand (one grand being K-Pro), and I think that I will be able to load the map for the 10psi Civic Si with rev hard and 550 injectors.
Hey whatever floats yer boat... sounds like you got it all figured out; why are you posting here asking for our advice if you won't take it? You will not be satisfied with the results even if you are able to make it work. But hey, I'm just gonna say "I told you so" in advance so I don't have to say it later. Have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #128
bigt_45

bigt_45 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
im totally open to what you are saying, i was just answering your questions. Im new to the turbo world, but I just dont know what the big difference is between say a greddy turbo and a solid mitsubishi one. and by the way, im sure its easy to see that I dont have it all figured out...thanks so far raven!
bigt_45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #129
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt_45 View Post
im totally open to what you are saying, i was just answering your questions. Im new to the turbo world, but I just dont know what the big difference is between say a greddy turbo and a solid mitsubishi one. and by the way, im sure its easy to see that I dont have it all figured out...thanks so far raven!
The difference is that the Greddy turbo is a kit you just buy and bolt on. You will have many hours of work and custom fabrication to do to make that turbo work. Your mitsu turbo would probably work, but you would have to find a manifold that would work, make custom piping, custom DP and unless you have access to a fabricator... you'll end up spending way more with a custom kit. Which is fine if you are going for big HP but that little mitsu turbo isn't going to make too much more than a T51Z.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #130
06WhiteRsx

06WhiteRsx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Is anyone running a 06 type-s boosted? I running the e-manage ultimate and i am having problems with the air/fuel ratio. What fuel management systems are people running on the 05-06 rsx/
Must sell asap Baby is here
06WhiteRsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #131
Point_particle
Complete Part Out

Point_particle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WhiteRsx View Post
Is anyone running a 06 type-s boosted? I running the e-manage ultimate and i am having problems with the air/fuel ratio. What fuel management systems are people running on the 05-06 rsx/
k-pro is really your best bet
Point_particle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #132
06WhiteRsx

Put on dyno today and it put down 258hp and 202tq but my air/fuel was 13:1. Does anyone know anyone who is good with tunning the e-manage units?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:21 PM   #133
06WhiteRsx

ya but k-pro i would have to buy a 02-04 ecu and a 02-04 o2 sensor, correct?

Is there a AEM out yet for teh vehicle?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #134
Point_particle
Complete Part Out

Quote:
ya but k-pro i would have to buy a 02-04 ecu and a 02-04 o2 sensor, correct?

Is there a AEM out yet for teh vehicle?
yes that is correct. i don't think aem has come out with an ems compatable with the 05-06, but even if you got that, you would still have to buy some sort of wideband 02
Old 11-15-2006, 10:03 PM   #135
RSXdelerium
Respect My Authoritah

RSXdelerium is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Put on dyno today and it put down 258hp and 202tq but my air/fuel was 13:1. Does anyone know anyone who is good with tunning the e-manage units?
Can't help you with that .. but when i had emanage with my greddy kit i only put down 265whp and 210tq @9psi. So your numbers look pretty normal to me.
RSXdelerium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:23 AM   #136
06WhiteRsx

What year rsx did you have the kit on? Also where you running the blue box e-manage or the ultimate? My problem isin't my power that i put down it is the air/fuel ratio, some parts it is running under boost at 14:1 and the lowest is 13:1. I need to find a way to correct this problem. The blue box is already programed and locked by greddy but the ultimate is fully tunable. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Once again i am driving a 06 type-s the computers are different between the 02-04 and the 05-06.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #137
Point_particle
Complete Part Out

Quote:
What year rsx did you have the kit on? Also where you running the blue box e-manage or the ultimate? My problem isin't my power that i put down it is the air/fuel ratio, some parts it is running under boost at 14:1 and the lowest is 13:1. I need to find a way to correct this problem. The blue box is already programed and locked by greddy but the ultimate is fully tunable. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Once again i am driving a 06 type-s the computers are different between the 02-04 and the 05-06.
i wouldn't drive WOT untill k-pro comes in if i were you, 14:1 under boost is realllly lean
Old 11-16-2006, 03:35 PM   #138
RSXdelerium
Respect My Authoritah

I had the blue box tuned with e-01. The only problem i had with fuel was the injectors being small
Old 11-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #139
06WhiteRsx

i am using 440cc injectors they should be good for upto 290hp
Old 11-16-2006, 07:51 PM   #140
06WhiteRsx

No WOT for me. I know it is very lean
Old 11-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #141
RSXdelerium
Respect My Authoritah

Quote:
i am using 440cc injectors they should be good for upto 290hp
mine were almost maxed out at 90% at 9psi, 265
Old 12-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #142
norm209326
Boost Addict

norm209326 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i wanna go turbo in my 06 type s. but idk what i need. i was hoping to pick up something used (preferably a greddy kit). i was jsut curious as to what exactly i would need to go turbo. like all the parts. i dont have a whole lot of money and i know it takes a lot to do turbo right. is it possible to run the turbo at a very low boost without getting it tuned? ill also probably need my pistons sleeved and my valve springs upgraded. is it possible to run a low boost without upgrading the valve springs and the sleeved pistons for a while? (not a long while but long enough to get the money to pay for it). i just want to know what i need to run a turbo (i guess like a quick fix til i get the money to do it right) and what i need to do turbo right. i know im gonna hear a lot of "dont go turbo if u cant go all the way" but i jsut want to know what the minimum i need to go turbo is ( with the full intent to go all the way once i get the cash). thanks
Old 12-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #143
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
^^ that being said, you need to save and do it right in the first place...

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 - Injen CAI - RV6 PCD'S and J-Pipe - RV6 Double resonated midpipe - 25.4mm RSB
2002 SSM Type S - gone
RIP 2002 NHBP Type S - 452whp/358tq pump gas
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:10 AM   #144
Insperation
Tap Me !!!

Insperation is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
This sticky needs to be updated. Lots of problems & complaints on One-Fab,Cybernation, & SCI
Insperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #145
hamburglar
Gun For Hire

hamburglar gets around and is known
hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known
If you get the Greddy kit you don't need to sleeve your block or replace rods and pistons as long as you get a good tune. The kit doesn't make a helluva lotta power. I like it, but it's not a monster. Make sure you get KPro and a decent clutch (Comp Clutch Stage 4 FTW) Valve springs aren't a must but they can be insurance if you really want. Our springs are good till about 8600 or better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm209326 View Post
i wanna go turbo in my 06 type s. but idk what i need. i was hoping to pick up something used (preferably a greddy kit). i was jsut curious as to what exactly i would need to go turbo. like all the parts. i dont have a whole lot of money and i know it takes a lot to do turbo right. is it possible to run the turbo at a very low boost without getting it tuned? ill also probably need my pistons sleeved and my valve springs upgraded. is it possible to run a low boost without upgrading the valve springs and the sleeved pistons for a while? (not a long while but long enough to get the money to pay for it). i just want to know what i need to run a turbo (i guess like a quick fix til i get the money to do it right) and what i need to do turbo right. i know im gonna hear a lot of "dont go turbo if u cant go all the way" but i jsut want to know what the minimum i need to go turbo is ( with the full intent to go all the way once i get the cash). thanks
Boost Slut Crew #12 468whp Pump 601whp Race
My BuildHammy Krew #0
hamburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:31 PM   #146
turbomzi
F1 Racer

turbomzi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
useful thread

the thread was very useful for me!
turbomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:36 PM   #147
Radar71

Radar71 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Turbo Kit

I'm going to upgrade to forced induction and just wondering what is the advantage of Turbo over Supercharger? "I'm only looking for 50WHP"

For example reliability of systems and engine wear.

TNX for your help.
Radar71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #148
RSXdelerium
Respect My Authoritah

Supercharger is for you then. More reliable, easier in most cases, etc.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #149
03DSM-RSX

03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start
JR and Comptech have already proven themselves. JR can be had for cheaper.

definitely tune with Kpro. reflashes do not yield good and efficient power catered to your specific car.

03DSM-RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:53 AM   #150
06WhiteRsx

I need some help. I plugged up the hondata k-pro last night and put a base line map on the ecu from the disc that hondata gives you. The vehicle runs fine, only one problem. No matter how fast i am going, it says that i am doing 160mph which is also causing my miles to go up onthe car by 160 per hour no matter how fast i am going. I have a 05-06 type s. a 2003 ecu chipped by hondata k-pro is powering the vehicle. I also put the 03 pimary o2 sensor in.
If anyone can help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hondata is closed till tuesday