Which turbo kit is right for you? - Page 8 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 04-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #176
JSeoul
Master Member

JSeoul is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrasta024 View Post
should i get a greddy or just save up more money and get a full-race
What are your goals, power wise? Those are two totally different levels of power my friend.
JSeoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #177
mrrasta024

mrrasta024 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i wana get the most power that i can
mrrasta024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #178
Full Race Geoff
Manufacturer

Full Race Geoff is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrasta024 View Post
i wana get the most power that i can
then you definately want a full-race kit. what are you going to use the car for, street driving, drag racing or any circuit racing? I can help make a recommendation

Old 04-20-2007, 04:25 PM   #179
mrrasta024

right now im going to use it for street driving
Old 04-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #180
svaillan
GT30R > Traction

svaillan is a rep WHORE
svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE
I have been talking with a guy from full-race and he said that on a K20 I should have no problem making 550WHP with a stage 2gt. I asked if 750cc injectors would be ok or if I should go with something bigger and he told me that 750 might work but he thinks I should go with 1000cc. He also said that the kits are set up for a return fuel line and system so that should be included in your build......It's gona to be fast.
svaillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #181
svaillan
GT30R > Traction

svaillan is a rep WHORE
svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE svaillan is a rep WHORE
Jus t some FR info I thought you might like, also there kits don't come with air intakes so you are going to have to buy that on the side also
Old 04-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #182
mrrasta024

why is the stage 2 gt?

Last edited by Full Race Geoff; 05-18-2007 at 01:57 PM..
Old 04-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #183
svaillan
GT30R > Traction

svaillan is a rep WHORE
it's the turbo, the GT turbo has a very good spool time and is a ballbearing turbo
Old 04-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #184
mivec24valve

mivec24valve is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Hi there everyone. Now i wanted to ask a good couple questions since i am new to honda but not new to projects and i am a good listener. My last project was a mitsubishi fto with a mitsubishi legnum vr4 engine in it. I was told alot of things couldn;t work couldn;t be done and i always put them down. Last thing i did was standalone management and single turbo. However i wanted to try a new project and a turbo charged ep3 civic type r landed in my lap.With full buddy club body kit front mount intercooler whats not. So now i have my questions.

1) Now hondas compression is really high how is it that the standard pistons and rods can hold up to 15 and 10 psi of boost i mean i know tuning but that compression is exceptionally high. Are the pistons stregthen and are the rods A beamed.

2) Is there a difference in the type integra dc5 gearing to the ep3 gearing.

3) My car is coming with the thrust kit. Now i am not sure if there is any difference between the thrust and greddy kit but lets just say it was a japanese kit installed so u tell me.

4) What quarter mile times have turbo k20s on stock internals put down and at 13psi of boost on average how much hp can a stock k20 produce.

5) Can the stock ep3 axles handle over 300 hp. I never had this issue wid mitsu axles those were good for over 500hp stock. Never bought an axle no matter how rough i was.

6)Can the k20 handle a 9000rpm rev on boost and do they suffer from oil temp issues and if so have any of you installed an oil cooler.

7)What size exhaust or you guys using and i would figure that 3 inch exhaust would be ideal for this type of set up.High compression aspirated 2.5 inch is perfect with boost on that now a 3 inch would be perfect for unleashing an earlier spool up and more torque.Less heat as well for exhaust gasses would flow freer.
mivec24valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #185
hau
Hau you doin?!?

hau is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I've searched and searched, and I can't find much on the HKS Turbo kit.
From searching, all i've found out is that it's a bit expensive, around the same power as the greddy kit, maybe a little more.
Also, that you should just go full-race from the start.

I would like to purchase an HKS kit, because it comes wiht the GT28 turbo which is much better then the greddy turbo, and it comes with the SSQ BOV. Though the kit does not have emanage or injectors, I would plan to have a Kpro before hand and i can always get injectors.

I've searched and I can not find anything related to this kit, or even picture of it installed on anyones car.

Full-Race would be nice, but I'm not looking to get crazy power and just want around 350whp. Also, I think there would be too much involved in getting the full-race kit installed whereas the HKS is just bolt on pretty much.

So i was wondering if anyone had the HKS kit installed and had any complaints or compliments for it.
InjenMeganTeinFalkenPowerslotESMMRota
hau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #186
tribalenergie

tribalenergie is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i have a rsx type s 06 and i just got my greddy turbo in. all i need to know is that will e-manage run perfect on it if i am only trying to push 8psi and no more than that. someone help me out
tribalenergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #187
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalenergie View Post
i have a rsx type s 06 and i just got my greddy turbo in. all i need to know is that will e-manage run perfect on it if i am only trying to push 8psi and no more than that. someone help me out
NO. No it won't run perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #188
tribalenergie

wat problems would there be? i mean the e-manage is meant for the greddy and the
greddy is made to run on a stock motor at 7.8 psi. i would like to go to k-pro but not right now. this car is more of a daily driven car and not for the track. i just want a little more power.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #189
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
wat problems would there be? i mean the e-manage is meant for the greddy and the
greddy is made to run on a stock motor at 7.8 psi. i would like to go to k-pro but not right now. this car is more of a daily driven car and not for the track. i just want a little more power.
Kpro is the FIRST mod for boost. Period. Emanage doesn't have lean protection or overboost protection which are two of the MOST important things an aftermarket boosted car needs. Emanage doesn't change cam angle, all it can do is add or remove fuel and add or remove timing. Since there are 90 degrees of cam rotation for the K-series engines, not only will you NOT be making good power, you will also NOT be running efficiently OR safely. Even stock boost on the Greddy kit is a LOT more power. A conservative tune on stock boost with the stock cat netted me nearly 60 whp over stock; that's a 30% increase. Get kpro or regret it later.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #190
tribalenergie

i just need the car running until i get k-pro next month. do you think it will run fine for now? i just dont want to blow the motor and i am more of a conservative driver
Old 05-18-2007, 07:41 AM   #191
JSeoul
Master Member

JSeoul is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
i just need the car running until i get k-pro next month. do you think it will run fine for now? i just dont want to blow the motor and i am more of a conservative driver
Are you going to get it tuned with Emanage first? If not, I wouldn't even drive the car til you got it tuned, or get it tuned with KPro. Why take that chance? But worst comes to worst, I'm sure you'll be fine long as you keep it low rpms. Maybe someone more technical can shine some light. GL
JSeoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #192
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
Why don't you wait to install the turbo kit until you can afford Kpro? You'll spend hundreds of dollars getting emanage tuned; just save that shit and put it in a bank account... then when you have enough cash buy kpro. THEN install your kit. You'll thank me later. If you're planning on getting kpro eventually... it's a waste of money and time to install emanage. Plus you won't have to hack your engine harness apart to install kpro (you do to install emanage).
Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-23-2007, 11:26 PM   #193
giant_killerz1
A()bRizzle

giant_killerz1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
anyone know any bolt-on's for an 05 type-s? i can't seem to find any. all are saying 02-04 because of change in the ecu and cams for 05. any tips,send em my way. thanks
giant_killerz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:04 AM   #194
tribalenergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_killerz1 View Post
anyone know any bolt-on's for an 05 type-s? i can't seem to find any. all are saying 02-04 because of change in the ecu and cams for 05. any tips,send em my way. thanks
i went with the greddy turbo kit for the 02-04. we were able to wire the e-manage to the 05-06 ecu. just get the wire diagram from acura. otherwise you can got k pro for another 1500 extra
Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #195
giant_killerz1
A()bRizzle

giant_killerz1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
sounds like a good plan. but have you had any problems out of it?
giant_killerz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:21 PM   #196
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Fullrace is a straight bolt-on... hell any turbo kit is a bolt-on. How much power do you want? Emanange is total garbage, don't use it if you don't want your engine to blow up.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-24-2007, 07:15 PM   #197
tribalenergie

well i just got it on and every mechanic i showed was pretty impressed because they heard alot of trash talk about emanage but it is running perfect on my car. i just need to get it tuned now so i can get alittle more power out of it. the only thing emanage doesnt have is lean protection but it does a have boost protection.

Last edited by tribalenergie; 05-24-2007 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #198
03DSM-RSX

03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start
Quote:
well i just got it on and every mechanic i showed was pretty impressed because they heard alot of trash talk about emanage but it is running perfect on my car. i just need to get it tuned now so i can get alittle more power out of it. the only thing emanage doesnt have is lean protection but it does a have boost protection.
no it does not have boost protection. take it from me, i use emanage on my bro's scion tc.

dont come crying when something goes wrong with your engine and something doesnt run smoothly. you sure dont know how to take the advice of many ppl who have already been thru it.

03DSM-RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #199
tribalenergie

i only wanna boost from 6-8 and emanage is fine for that. i will eventually get k-pro when im gonna boost any higher
Old 05-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #200
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!

Quote:
i only wanna boost from 6-8 and emanage is fine for that. i will eventually get k-pro when im gonna boost any higher
Go ahead and tell yourself that. What are you planning to do when the weather gets cooler? Pay for another tune? What about when you get CEL's? How do you know if you are getting knock? Are you sure your A/F ratio is within tolerance? Kpro allows for a comprehensive tune and the security of knowing that if other factors cause your tune to be out of tolerance your engine will be protected. You can diagnose problems with the touch of a button and easily tell when you get knock. Emanage is great for some applications; just not for the RSX.
Quote:

Quote: