Which turbo kit is right for you? - Page 9 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #201
MELLO
Got Polish?
 
MELLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas , NV
Posts: 7,858
iTrader: (22)
MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore
MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore
I have an 03 RSX-S that I plan to boost soon. I am going with a fullrace stage 2 kit. I was wondering about k pro. How does it pass the plug part of the emissions test? Is there a setting to make it pass or do you have to retune it to pass emissions? Also I want to make a little over 300hp on my stock block. Would I need new axles? Should I worry about stuff breaking? I read somewhere a guy selling his stuff because he had to get it retuned all the time and oil leak here and there. This worries me , I was thinking maybe he got the Greddy kit but I am not sure. Can someone give me some knowledge on this please.
MELLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-02-2007, 07:30 AM   #202
Tbone
Supreme Overlord
 
Tbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 2,027
iTrader: (18)
Tbone is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLO View Post
I have an 03 RSX-S that I plan to boost soon. I am going with a fullrace stage 2 kit. I was wondering about k pro. How does it pass the plug part of the emissions test? Is there a setting to make it pass or do you have to retune it to pass emissions? Also I want to make a little over 300hp on my stock block. Would I need new axles? Should I worry about stuff breaking? I read somewhere a guy selling his stuff because he had to get it retuned all the time and oil leak here and there. This worries me , I was thinking maybe he got the Greddy kit but I am not sure. Can someone give me some knowledge on this please.
No turbo setup is CARB legal. If you are wanting any decent type numbers, you will neet to get rid of your cat, which will fail you on the emissions testing right there. The stock axles are pretty beefy. They should hold up to some abuse. If they break, just replace them with another set of OEM ones or you can go aftermarket if you wish. Yes, you should worry about stuff breaking. Turboing your car puts a lot more stress on the engine and tranny. If you can't set aside $100-200 a month for incidentals, you shouldn't go turbo. Turbo kits are great, but the more HP you are pushing the more likly things are going to break. Do not get the GReddy kit if you are wanting 300 hp. It is difficult to achieve and you will more than likely want more than 300 after you install the kit. Either go Full Race, or do a custom kit like I did. Just make sure you do a lot of research before and you'll be good to go
__________________
2005 Rio S2000
SOLD: 2003 NBP Acura RSX-S w/ K24 swap
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #203
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!
 
Ironraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 20,142
iTrader: (3)
Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by gINsdc5 View Post
ok with my turbo manifold how does my greddy sp2 exhaust hook up to it? or doe sit go right onto the turbo ? and does it cance out my cold air intake please help?
read the greddy install in my sig.
__________________
2002 Boosted RSX-S sold...
Comprehensive Greddy Turbo Install Guide
Drinking Crew Certified Platinum Lifetime Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #204
hamburglar
Gun For Hire
 
hamburglar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,089
iTrader: (18)
hamburglar gets around and is known
hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known hamburglar gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLO View Post
I have an 03 RSX-S that I plan to boost soon. I am going with a fullrace stage 2 kit. I was wondering about k pro. How does it pass the plug part of the emissions test? Is there a setting to make it pass or do you have to retune it to pass emissions? Also I want to make a little over 300hp on my stock block. Would I need new axles? Should I worry about stuff breaking? I read somewhere a guy selling his stuff because he had to get it retuned all the time and oil leak here and there. This worries me , I was thinking maybe he got the Greddy kit but I am not sure. Can someone give me some knowledge on this please.
to pass the plug part you can set readiness in kpro so it won't throw a CEL
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boost Slut Crew #12 468whp Pump 601whp Race
My BuildHammy Krew #0
hamburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #205
MELLO
Got Polish?
 
MELLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas , NV
Posts: 7,858
iTrader: (22)
MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore
MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
to pass the plug part you can set readiness in kpro so it won't throw a CEL
okay so what else does set readiness do besides not throw a CEL? What is the difference with it on and off? Can you drive with it on all the time or without it on all the time? Thanks for the info.

I am going with a fullrace stage 2 kit for my dd wanting a little over 300hp mildly tuned for the streets. Should I get axles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
No turbo setup is CARB legal. If you are wanting any decent type numbers, you will neet to get rid of your cat, which will fail you on the emissions testing right there. The stock axles are pretty beefy. They should hold up to some abuse. If they break, just replace them with another set of OEM ones or you can go aftermarket if you wish. Yes, you should worry about stuff breaking. Turboing your car puts a lot more stress on the engine and tranny. If you can't set aside $100-200 a month for incidentals, you shouldn't go turbo. Turbo kits are great, but the more HP you are pushing the more likly things are going to break. Do not get the GReddy kit if you are wanting 300 hp. It is difficult to achieve and you will more than likely want more than 300 after you install the kit. Either go Full Race, or do a custom kit like I did. Just make sure you do a lot of research before and you'll be good to go
What kind of incidentials do you mean?

Last edited by MELLO; 06-02-2007 at 08:56 PM..
MELLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:03 PM   #206
salboogie
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)
salboogie is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
hi guys i have an 05 type s and i was looking at greddy turbo kit and i know ive heard i cant use that computer... has there been any changes cause i seen on this site the greddy kit says 02-06
salboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #207
Full Race Geoff
Manufacturer
 
Full Race Geoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NJ shore / AZ dezert / HI
Posts: 1,422
iTrader: (0)
Full Race Geoff is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLO View Post
okay so what else does set readiness do besides not throw a CEL? What is the difference with it on and off? Can you drive with it on all the time or without it on all the time? Thanks for the info. I am going with a fullrace stage 2 kit for my dd wanting a little over 300hp mildly tuned for the streets. Should I get axles? What kind of incidentials do you mean?
Here in phoenix, they do not acutally emission test the cars, they only plug into the ecu to make sure there is no CEL. If you have a properly setup and tuned kpro, even if your car doesnt have a cat, it should pass. Im not sure where you live or what the laws are but every state is different

For your application, the stage 2 kit will work very well, and as long as you have healthy STOCK honda OEM axles, they will not break at this power level. The stock Honda axles are actually quite strong, its usually the cheap aftermarket ones that break

I hope this helps if you have any other questions just email me at geoff@full-race.com
__________________
Facebook | YouTube
Full Race Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #208
MELLO
Got Polish?
 
MELLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas , NV
Posts: 7,858
iTrader: (22)
MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore
MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore MELLO is a hardcore rep whore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Race Geoff View Post
Here in phoenix, they do not acutally emission test the cars, they only plug into the ecu to make sure there is no CEL. If you have a properly setup and tuned kpro, even if your car doesnt have a cat, it should pass. Im not sure where you live or what the laws are but every state is different

For your application, the stage 2 kit will work very well, and as long as you have healthy STOCK honda OEM axles, they will not break at this power level. The stock Honda axles are actually quite strong, its usually the cheap aftermarket ones that break

I hope this helps if you have any other questions just email me at geoff@full-race.com
Thanks alot man! I am in Vegas and I think they do the same thing in some shops out here. I will be in touch with you when I am ready to purchase my turbo. Can you get a better price then what is advertised on the website? +Rep
MELLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #209
JR DC5
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)
JR DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Question about turbo kits

Im new to this turbo thing! just wondering if any of you guy's know can you bolt up a turbo kit to a stock Rsx type-s without herting anything or having to do the internals and if so what a good one to go with ?
JR DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #210
dutch militia
Member
 
dutch militia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)
dutch militia is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
hey guys so ive done some reading but basically I want a affordable turbo kit i dont need any thing crazy maybe like 5psi-7psi of boost sumtin like that what kit do you guys think? yes money is a big issue for me. thank.
dutch militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:41 PM   #211
archull
The Architect™
 
archull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 7,449
iTrader: (20)
archull gets around and is known
archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch militia View Post
hey guys so ive done some reading but basically I want a affordable turbo kit i dont need any thing crazy maybe like 5psi-7psi of boost sumtin like that what kit do you guys think? yes money is a big issue for me. thank.
Then turbo is not for you

Sounds like you should get a supercharger instead

No turbo setup is cheap. I did it on a budget yet I spent over 8k so far and I am not anywhere near finished.
__________________
*SOLD*St00pid Tuned 06' RSX Type-S, Peakboost Turbo Kit
w/ GT3076 Turbo de-tuned to 400whp & 280ft/lbs on pump
2012' F-250 Crew Cab Lariat, 6.7L Turbo Diesel Daily
archull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #212
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!
 
Ironraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 20,142
iTrader: (3)
Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch militia View Post
hey guys so ive done some reading but basically I want a affordable turbo kit i dont need any thing crazy maybe like 5psi-7psi of boost sumtin like that what kit do you guys think? yes money is a big issue for me. thank.
The Turbonator is your best bet
__________________
2002 Boosted RSX-S sold...
Comprehensive Greddy Turbo Install Guide
Drinking Crew Certified Platinum Lifetime Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #213
archull
The Architect™
 
archull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 7,449
iTrader: (20)
archull gets around and is known
archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known archull gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironraven View Post
The Turbonator is your best bet
__________________
*SOLD*St00pid Tuned 06' RSX Type-S, Peakboost Turbo Kit
w/ GT3076 Turbo de-tuned to 400whp & 280ft/lbs on pump
2012' F-250 Crew Cab Lariat, 6.7L Turbo Diesel Daily
archull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #214
geokiller
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)
geokiller is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
haha
geokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #215
djvaly
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW TX
Posts: 109
iTrader: (0)
djvaly is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
very good thread!
djvaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #216
christoval613
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)
christoval613 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Well I have had my RSX for almost two years and looking for boost. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do and where I should start?
christoval613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #217
rsxmoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 148
iTrader: (1)
rsxmoon is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I'm a noob when it comes to turbo so I need some recommendations. There are just a few requirments that I have:

CARB Legal - i know it narrows it down to like a couple if any.
Low maintenance - i'm lazy......
Price vs. amount of power - i'm also kind of cheap haha


Thanks yall!
rsxmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #218
groundzero1v
Hi!
 
groundzero1v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: OK
Posts: 1,689
iTrader: (11)
groundzero1v is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
greddy
__________________
2004 DSM RSX-S
Full-Race GT30R: 459.4WHP 360.3WTQ / Rev Hard SC34 321.3WHP 260.9WTQ
06 EVO IX
97 SUPRA
groundzero1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #219
JCL
Master Member
 
JCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
Posts: 4,059
iTrader: (20)
JCL is on a distinguished road
not really a which turbo is rite for me question but i didnt want to make a new one for just a couple answers

so my question is

what are the pros and cons of adding a stroker kit to a 2.4 accord engine for a FI app.
JCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #220
phibbs87
04 BASE AUTO~STOCK 4 NOW
 
phibbs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Deployd 2 Iraq (29 Palm)
Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)
phibbs87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ive been searching and only found that like one or 2 guys turbod their base auto..... if i piss some1 off for posting sorry but im still unsure after everything i read about what EXACTLY i gotta do to boost my 2004 base auto. its completely stock so any ideas so that i can head down the long complicated road to boosting... id appreciate it. ill start it as soon as i get back from IRAQ this nov....so any ifno i can get until then id greatly appreciate... thanx
phibbs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #221
Bad2dabone
RSX-S 2002
 
Bad2dabone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Bad2dabone is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
t3 turbo

Garrett T3 flanged turbocharger ...witch is the best for my type S
T3/gt40 , T3/T04R , T3/60-1 and why ?? for a peakboost set up

and best a/r and trim ???
Bad2dabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #222
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!
 
Ironraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 20,142
iTrader: (3)
Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by phibbs87 View Post
ive been searching and only found that like one or 2 guys turbod their base auto..... if i piss some1 off for posting sorry but im still unsure after everything i read about what EXACTLY i gotta do to boost my 2004 base auto. its completely stock so any ideas so that i can head down the long complicated road to boosting... id appreciate it. ill start it as soon as i get back from IRAQ this nov....so any ifno i can get until then id greatly appreciate... thanx
Look for 03DSMRSX, he has the most advanced base auto turbo setup. He says it wasn't worth his time though and if he had it to do over he'd probably get a type-S. Good luck.
__________________
2002 Boosted RSX-S sold...
Comprehensive Greddy Turbo Install Guide
Drinking Crew Certified Platinum Lifetime Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #223
Ironraven
Dokuro-Chan SMASH!
 
Ironraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 20,142
iTrader: (3)
Ironraven is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad2dabone View Post
Garrett T3 flanged turbocharger ...witch is the best for my type S
T3/gt40 , T3/T04R , T3/60-1 and why ?? for a peakboost set up

and best a/r and trim ???
Step 1: Establish a power goal.
Step 2: Find the turbo that fits your power goal.
__________________
2002 Boosted RSX-S sold...
Comprehensive Greddy Turbo Install Guide
Drinking Crew Certified Platinum Lifetime Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/11 RSX-s View Post
God is a virus. Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
give up your soul to jesus and your butthole to father johnson
Ironraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #224
Bad2dabone
RSX-S 2002
 
Bad2dabone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Bad2dabone is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
...

Garrett T3 flanged turbocharger ...witch is the best for my type S
T3/gt40 , T3/T04R , T3/60-1 and why ?? for a peakboost set up

and best a/r and trim ???

step 1 :my power goal !!! 330whp+
step 2 :find the right turbo to fit my goal !! this is the question
Bad2dabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:32 AM   #225
thewayshemoves
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)
thewayshemoves is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I thought at the beginning there weren't supposed to be any questions on this thread? Anyway...I could be wrong, but wouldn't it be safer to turbo the stock base than the stock S just because the stock base doesn't already have as high compression as the stock S? Seems like high compression + turbo doesn't seem like a great idea without some work done somewhere else too.
thewayshemoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
kit , turbo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Privacy Policy  |  Disclaimer Notice
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2012, Club RSX, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
This website is owned and operated by Club RSX, Inc.
Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX are not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc.