Annoying Mirror Water - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Care RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 08-01-2016, 09:02 AM   #1
Againster

Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Annoying Mirror Water

Curious if anyone else has this issue of water being retained in the side mirrors after a wash. When the car sits in the garage water will trickle from the mirror down the side of the car for the whole day. Water will splatter down the side of the car when driving as well from the mirror.

I've been using a blower to blow to simulate road speeds and try to clear it out that way but I don't have a type-S blower so some of the water still hides in there. Any suggestions? Is it just the way the car is designed with the lines and all?
Againster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #2
mallen600
Pancakes

mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Honestly, I've owned my RSX for like 8 years and the only way I can think to fix the issue is take the mirrors off.
TN CREW #6[/b]ABP Crew Member #79[/b]
Zombie Eradication Team #68
BB Crew
***PIC OF BUFFALO HERE***
mallen600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
You could also tape off the mirrors with a bag or something.

Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2016, 10:17 PM   #4
dc5luis
Master Member

dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I never had the problem til I removed my mirrors few months back. Driver side is worse than passenger. I've just learned to live with it
2002 Acura RSX Type S
OEM | JDM | A-Spec | Type R | Spoon | Mugen | J's Racing | AEM | Injen
>YouTube<
dc5luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #5
gabo_s13
Cone Killer

gabo_s13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gabo_s13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gabo_s13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gabo_s13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gabo_s13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gabo_s13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gabo_s13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gabo_s13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gabo_s13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
After a wash I just carry around a MF towel if I'm driving the car and just wipe/dry clean once you park it.
facebook.com/gnphotography08
gabo_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:36 PM   #6
Againster

Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Againster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks all. I was wondering if the previous owner had an undisclosed accident or something and that was causing it. Glad to know you all suffer from the same b.s.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #7
CyborgGT

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Lol, the wash I use has a vacuum, so I've been using that to suck the water out from behind the mirror. Isn't there a rubber gasket there? Maybe you could take the mirror off and put silicon sealer on the underside, then just clean it up around the edges so it isn't visible? I've been too lazy to get around to trying it.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:42 PM   #8
Ridgeback

Ridgeback is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Never had this issue in my EP, and I wash it everyday. Then again it is blow dried too.
EK K20a2 (gone)
CL9 K24a2 (gone)
EP3 K20a3 (gone)
Ridgeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #9
Bullit
:lurk:

Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yup, this is normal for me too. Drivers side is like that after every wash. Passenger side sometimes.

What I do is I blow dry around the mirrors using a can air duster. Gets most of the water out. Then sometimes I'll take the car out for a quick drive to shake out anything left and wipe it dry.

'05 NBP Base Auto
, She may not be Fast or Furious, but she sure is sexy... GIGGITY GIGGITY GOO
'92 Toyota Hilux 191k miles and back for more, built like a f*ckin' tank
'12 Nissan 370Z, Here we go again
Bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #10
Againster

I wasn't aware of there being a gasket on the mirror. I've been closing the mirror and blowing it dry, opening and blowing it dry... pete and repeat. pain in the ass a bit but it works.