Hondata K-Pro and reflash FAQ/Tuning resources - Page 32 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > ECU Tuning
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #776
F-BOM
Resident hater

F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though
you cant use that ecu anyway. sell it, pick up a virgin 02-04 prb ecu and have it converted for your 05-06. or find a used 05-06 kpro.
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #777
Noroa

Noroa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNoroa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNoroa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNoroa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNoroa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNoroa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNoroa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNoroa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thanks F-Bom, this is really helpful
Noroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #778
jstrott
Master Member

jstrott is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjstrott is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjstrott is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjstrott is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjstrott is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjstrott is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjstrott is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjstrott is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
have they released a Kmanager download for mac? anyone know if they have or if they will?
jstrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #779
iThinkImJoey
I want to sell my car

iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
quick question. If I get the Reflash with my current set-up and then a month later I would add something, would I need to send them my ECU again?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #780
F-BOM
Resident hater

F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some thoughF-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though
no. think of the reflash as a one size fits all solution
Old 12-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #781
iThinkImJoey
I want to sell my car

iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whoreiThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BOM View Post
no. think of the reflash as a one size fits all solution
Oh ok. So that means it would be fine if say I would get the reflash now with my setup having a sri, and I would get a cai next month, it would be fine?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #782
zJGMillz

zJGMillz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxzJGMillz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxzJGMillz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxzJGMillz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxzJGMillz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxzJGMillz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxzJGMillz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxzJGMillz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

Are you basically saying all Reflashed ECU are tuned the exact same? So i might as well go buy an already reflashed ecu and itll be the same as if i were to send my ecu to Hondata?
zJGMillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #783
xxyauxxdc5
DC5

xxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxxyauxxdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
u would have to get it programmed to your immobilizer that cost from 60-100 depending on your dealer. If you buy a used reflashed ecu for 300, you spend another 60-100 when u can just send ur stock ecu to hondata for 295.
DivisionFive
xxyauxxdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #784
poeticfinesse21
Poetic Finesse

poeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sorry if this has been asked before but it's just too many pages to go through. I have an EP3 and I would like to upgrade to K-Pro in the future but I want to use a 02-04 RSX-S ecu so I can have reverse lock-out. Would I have to get my immobilizer and key reflashed to the new ecu?

Last edited by poeticfinesse21; 07-11-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo
poeticfinesse21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #785
Sage0021
Master Member

Sage0021 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSage0021 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSage0021 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSage0021 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSage0021 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSage0021 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSage0021 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSage0021 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSage0021 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before but it's just too many pages to go through. I have an EP3 and I would like to upgrade to K-Pro in the future but I want to use a 02-04 RSX-S ecu so I can have reverse lock-out. Would I have to get my immobilizer and key reflashed to the new ecu?
no you dont HAVE TO, you can disable the immobilizer and still use your old key but I would highly recommend getting it matched at the dealer for obvious safety reasons
Sage0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #786
poeticfinesse21
Poetic Finesse

poeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
OK cool, thanks
poeticfinesse21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #787
DJB_74

DJB_74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDJB_74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDJB_74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDJB_74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDJB_74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDJB_74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDJB_74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDJB_74 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Has anyone running duel ECU's tried this? I was curious as to if I had my base auto ECU refalshed and then sent my PND base 5-spd ECU out for K-Pro, would there be any kind of hangups? Or would this not be possible and I just need to go straight K-pro instead? I just wanted to ask especially to the few members that run duel ECU's and K-pro, (and I know there are a few on here) Thx all.

Last edited by DJB_74; 08-03-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: edit
DJB_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #788
145mph

145mph is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
is it ok to drive around in open loop fuel status?
145mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #789
145mph

145mph is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Is it safe to run a lot of timing?
145mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #790
IntegraX
The Blue Bomber

IntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some thoughIntegraX is cool, not as cool as some though
so I realize this is covering more than ECU tuning but to me all these issues are related.

Ok so I have a question or 2. My tabs are up on the 30th and its emissions time. My concern is that my idle is iffy. the car likes to stick right at or just above 1k rpm. even after it warms up it will stick to 800-900 rpm, but if I move forward alittle then it bounces to 1500 for a second then comes down or it will stay till I tap on the throttle.

Could it be my iacv or a setting in kpro? I have a Mishimoto radiator and my RSX takes a long time to reach operating temp. plus as soon as I hit the freeway the temps kick down to 140, if I sit long enough my temps will reach 200-210.

I was looking at the karcepts iacv block off plate and was wondering how well that worked especially when shutting off the function in kpro.

and lastly would the low temps be causing my car to run really rich? Ive been removing fuel everytime I do a datalog and see that im running super rich yet the car still proceeds to run the same. this is frustrating.

Ive cleaned my iacv so that is spins freely and I have a K-tuned TPS enroute. plus I did a vacuum leak test with carb cleaner and found no leaks

I read thru the help section in the Kmanager to figure out the specifics on some parameter setting/functions and adjusted some of the fuel amounts in the ECT idle and light engine load (see attached image) but that just made the car die when I came to a stop after getting the engine upto 120deg. however I did change alot of settings at once. so I suppose I could change 1 thing at a time and see which recitfies the issue, at least just enough so that I pass emissions.

any one have any suggestions let me know. I cant afford to get it professionally tuned right now, and I could figure the settings out but am kinda on a time crunch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel-ect-comp.gif
Views:	19
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	367478  
its the ultimate vtec solution
Rotrex crew -- fug A/C
IntegraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #791
styless

styless is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxstyless is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxstyless is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxstyless is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxstyless is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxstyless is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxstyless is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxstyless is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
does local tuning store have kpro in stock? or the only way to get kpro is by sending your ecu to hondata.?
styless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #792
kidnkorner

kidnkorner is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Follow this link http://hondata.com/dealers.html, check your area and see if they are listed as an "installer", if they are they can install the Kpro board into your ECU, no need to ship off. If they are smart they would have at least 1 board in stock.
kidnkorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #793
taylora

taylora is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtaylora is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtaylora is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtaylora is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtaylora is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtaylora is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtaylora is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtaylora is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
Question: So, in this day of $2.40-2.50/gallon premium gas (in NorCal, anyway), what effect does the Hondata reflash and/or the K-Pro have on fuel economy? Better or worse? What kind of numbers can one expect?

$2.40-2.50/gallon premium.. then I looked at the date of the post.
taylora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #794
ian_m15

ian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Guys can u help me bouty ecu reflash were can i do it to reflash my ecu help me pls thank i
Old 04-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #795
ian_m15

ian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxian_m15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
were can i do reflash for my ecu let me know pls guys thanks
ian_m15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #796
ADG
vtec just kicked in yo

ADG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxADG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxADG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxADG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxADG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxADG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxADG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxADG is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_m15 View Post
Guys can u help me bouty ecu reflash were can i do it to reflash my ecu help me pls thank i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_m15 View Post
were can i do reflash for my ecu let me know pls guys thanks
Are you having a stroke?

Edit:I'll help you out just in case you aren't trolling
http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/HD-K20A2.html

Hope you're alright bro
If you live in Missouri, post here: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1044345
If you'd like to buy some stuff, look here:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1057282

Last edited by ADG; 04-18-2013 at 02:50 AM.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #797
tubmouayaj_k20a3

tubmouayaj_k20a3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtubmouayaj_k20a3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtubmouayaj_k20a3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtubmouayaj_k20a3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtubmouayaj_k20a3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtubmouayaj_k20a3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtubmouayaj_k20a3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxtubmouayaj_k20a3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
amazing guide soo gonna read this and learn more about k-pro
tubmouayaj_k20a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #798
PerezType-S

PerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Anyone know of a KPRO onsite installer in socal? I checked the website with no results, maybe there's a shop out there that does it
PerezType-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #799
Silver Knight
Acura Parts Dept.

Silver Knight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSilver Knight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSilver Knight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSilver Knight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSilver Knight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSilver Knight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSilver Knight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSilver Knight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hondata is in CA. Just send it to them.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #800
PerezType-S

PerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxPerezType-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
Hondata is in CA. Just send it to them.
I can't have any down time from my car with a full time job/part time school so i'm trying to have kpro done in one day
PerezType-S is offline   Reply With Quote