What blend of gas does Sam's Club sell?? Is it good or bad? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > General RSX Discussion
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-03-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
tonyrsxs

What blend of gas does Sam's Club sell?? Is it good or bad?

I was wondering if anyone knows if Sams Club uses a high grade gas. I fill up with their premium 91 octane and save alot with being a sams club member but I dont know if this gas is cheap or just as good as Mobile, Shell, 76???
tonyrsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
drumnatural
I can drive up your rsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyrsxs View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows if Sams Club uses a high grade gas. I fill up with their premium 91 octane and save alot with being a sams club member but I dont know if this gas is cheap or just as good as Mobile, Shell, 76???
Thats a hard one to answer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
drumnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
ghb2513
Social Distortion fan....

Our Sam's Club here in Hawaii doesn't sell gas yet

Costco sells gas here but they don't have Premium unleaded 91 octane

Do either of those places sell 91 octane where you guys are from?
ghb2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #4
MichaelJr1186
Master Member

i just use shell...cause i'm bias
MichaelJr1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:46 AM   #5
tonyrsxs

Yea here they only offer 87 or 91 octane.. which i take the 91! The price from sams club to shell and the other brands is like 8-10 cents cheaper per gallon.. im not tight or anything but in the long run it adds up.

Last edited by tonyrsxs; 11-03-2006 at 12:50 AM.
tonyrsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #6
FitzG

anyone ever see scientific study of different gas? not me...
FitzG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:00 AM   #7
OlieCan
Firefighter/Paramedic

there is s site somewhere that tells about the top 10 gasses... I use shell. I know BP (amoco) is on there, and I think phillips is too? not sure. Those companies use better filters and addatives or something...

Shell is cheap in my town anyway, so Icant think of a good reason not to buy it.
OlieCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #8
Big Cam
Retired

Big Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Big Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
I saw a special on the history channel on Gas, and they said all gas is the same, the only way it is different is once it is in their trucks if they add their own additives.

Because the pipeline system is not owned by one company so if they put in 5000 gallons of gas at one point and then need to take out 5000 gallons across the country, they dont need to wait the 4 days it takes for the gas to ge tthere, they just take what is at the end of the pipeline at the time.

All gas is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpuhl View Post
You sound like an awesome friend.
Big Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #9
smiko0124
slam dem gears

why do some companies have 91 for premium and others 93? I hate when I pull up to a pump and they dont have 93 octane. it upsets me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish928 View Post
The plastic thing in the back seat seems to be quite worthless, it can't actually be expected to contain anything, especially when i'm vtec'ing in 3rd gear(aka mach2)
smiko0124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #10
Leonard1818
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiko0124 View Post
why do some companies have 91 for premium and others 93? I hate when I pull up to a pump and they dont have 93 octane. it upsets me!!!!
we only really NEED 91 but I hear ya, I always use 93 cept those few 91 times I'm not too happy about.

so flame me if you must but this is along the same lines...

if you have 1/2 a gallon of 89 and 1/2 a gallon of 93 and you mix them, do you have a gallon of 91?
Leonard1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #11
Uhkordguy
Lick me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghb2513 View Post

the Hawaii store's sales are great (i work at sam's club)... hehe i'm jealous.
Comptech Exhaust/Short Shifter/Battery Tie Down, OEM Interior Trim Kit, Tein SS-P, RPF1's, SPC Rear Camber Kit, Injen CAI, Hotchkis Front Strut Bar, S2000 retrofit, StrutKing Hood Dampers, Llumar 15% alll around, Venture Film Clear Bra
Uhkordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #12
Keith DC5
997 C4S

Keith DC5 is on a distinguished roadKeith DC5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghb2513 View Post

Costco Iwilei sells 91. It's not some generic fuel either, it's the Aloha-brand gasoline (they're a top tier fuel company).

As for Sam's club, just hang out near the lot one day and see what tanker pulls into the lot. Maybe even call the store directly and they might be able to give you that info.
Keith DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #13
ghb2513
Social Distortion fan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith DC5 View Post
Costco Iwilei sells 91. It's not some generic fuel either, it's the Aloha-brand gasoline (they're a top tier fuel company).

Thanks for the info Keith.
It's been awhile since I checked out the gas station at the Iwilei Costco.

Although I doubt I'll ever gas there since it's outta my way and Chevron is close by my house.
ghb2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #14
LanceM
Jester of Tortuga

sams gets their gas from murphy oil.

Lance
Top Down Crew #1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fastest RSX in Louisiana© JRSC 2003 NBP RSX-S 12/28/02-10/8/07 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/751980
LanceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:42 PM   #15
Extra Krispy
Former Mod-Still a God

Extra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out more
Extra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post
sams gets their gas from murphy oil.

Lance
is that a good company?

Extra Krispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:50 AM   #16
Clark_Kent
'S' on my chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cam View Post
I saw a special on the history channel on Gas, and they said all gas is the same, the only way it is different is once it is in their trucks if they add their own additives.

Because the pipeline system is not owned by one company so if they put in 5000 gallons of gas at one point and then need to take out 5000 gallons across the country, they dont need to wait the 4 days it takes for the gas to ge tthere, they just take what is at the end of the pipeline at the time.

All gas is the same.
That is correct.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #17
thekhmer
DC5-R (車両型式について)

walmart gas lol
'06 MM RSX 9/18/06<3 RIP 10/2/2007
'09 Flat black GY6 ruckus
'08 Grey 2t ruckus
thekhmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #18
n7plus1
Four Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5TypeS02 View Post
is that a good company?
check it out
http://www.murphyoilcorp.com/

Quote:
[08:24] n7plus1: man, i think i may need some tighter pants for tonight
[08:24] smcdowell1977: HAHA
n7plus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #19
Big Cam
Retired

Big Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Big Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownBig Cam must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
That is correct.
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpuhl View Post
You sound like an awesome friend.
Big Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #20
trevorluong
06NBP

over here in cali, i pick up 91 costco gas whenever i can. i can't really feel/tell a difference.. plus it saves me about 10 cents/gallon.