how do i get a radio code - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Problems & Solutions
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
bamboozled
keep it simple

bamboozled is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
how do i get a radio code

i just bought a stock radio for the rsx and i need the radio code ..how will i be able to get this ? dealer?... the person i bought it from i deleted his pms .. stupid me i forgot to ask him ...
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Gotboost98
I don't like you

Gotboost98 is on a distinguished roadGotboost98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAM87 View Post
i just bought a stock radio for the rsx and i need the radio code ..how will i be able to get this ? dealer?... the person i bought it from i deleted his pms .. stupid me i forgot to ask him ...
I think its safe to say dealer
Rsx Vs All Asshole Crew Member #1< Founder 1 of 37 membersShit and get crew member #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rest View Post
it makes me laff that the typical honda n00b thinks the s2k is the pinnacle of engineering and covet them so rabidly. it's like their ultimate goal to get one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
god i hate the turbo forum, so full of stupid n00bs
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy View Post
Which is embarrassing because the Si gets spanked by anything with wheels
Gotboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
MichaelJr1186
Master Member

MichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some thoughMichaelJr1186 is cool, not as cool as some though
there should be a code on the back and you can call or go to the dealership and give them the code. and from there they will give you the radio code #

now give me my rep
MichaelJr1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
arM
PSHH

arM is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
tell us so we can go around and jack rsx radios
arM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
NMRacing715

NMRacing715 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Call the dealer and tell them the serial # on the radio and thay should give it to you. Did you get it from a privet dealer or a major chain?
NMRacing715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
b005t3drsx
S372

b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsxb005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsxb005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsxb005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsxb005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsxb005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsxb005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
i lost my code and i was able to give the service dept at the local acura delarship my serial # on the radio and they gave me the code
--Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,"Wow ---- What a ride!!!"--
b005t3drsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #7
arM
PSHH

arM is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Whats the point of this security code device if it's so easy to retrieve the code?
arM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:30 AM   #8
JPSlick
Master Member

JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some thoughJPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though
if u purchased the car new....you can retrieve it from the dealer you bought the car at.....ID, and registrations required

if you purchased the car used at an Acura dealer they may have it on file

If you purchased the car used at a non acura dealer, they prob wont have it on file but might

Finally, whether you purchased it wherever, you can pull out the radio, retrive the serial code off the back, and bring it to a dealer, and after verifying it is indeed your car, they will get the code for you

On a very rare occasion the code will be written on the back of the radio, this is not done at dealers....so dont plan on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by arM View Post
Whats the point of this security code device if it's so easy to retrieve the code?
Its only easy, if u actually own the car and radio, dealers are supposed to require registration/title/proof of ownership
My Youtube Video Channel

Last edited by JPSlick; 01-17-2007 at 12:32 AM.
JPSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #9
mnpauto

mnpauto is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
sometimes its on a sticker on the side of your glove compartment
mnpauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #10
Mikeyd5643
06 Rsx Type s

Mikeyd5643 is on a distinguished road
there should be an index card in your folder w/ the manual .. at least mine was
Old 01-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #11
gthugdelux
Sure don't...

gthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some thoughgthugdelux is cool, not as cool as some though
you can get it at almost every acura dealership...

i found mine underneath the cover to my engine fusebox

and inside on the left side of my glovebox

but just go to acura and give them your vin... they'll tell you to do something to the unit and they will give you your code

i got sick of this so i just put in a new HU
gthugdelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #12
vi3trascal
Ay BAY BAY

vi3trascal is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by arM View Post
ya true...but it wasnt easy for me like how every1 else said. i removed my deck and reinstalled it and i needed the code. called the dealer and they said they cant give me it over the phone and that i would physically drive the car there and have them put in the code for me. jerks.....

DC SQUAD #0289
vi3trascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #13
danio
///M

danio is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I don't know if this works, but it works for most Honda's..

Hold 1 + 6 while your key is turned to the ON position.. it'll beep and the serial number should show up ont he screen.. Works for 02+ Accords, 01+ Civics, and CRV's.. never tried on the RSX..

But if your radio isn't installed on the car yet.. you can give the dealer the serial number and they can get you the code..
Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
rsx__boi

rsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by danio View Post
I don't know if this works, but it works for most Honda's..

Hold 1 + 6 while your key is turned to the ON position.. it'll beep and the serial number should show up ont he screen.. Works for 02+ Accords, 01+ Civics, and CRV's.. never tried on the RSX..

But if your radio isn't installed on the car yet.. you can give the dealer the serial number and they can get you the code..
i have no code anywhere, under glove box or hood no book nothing, so i had to change battery, and it says CODE, so i powered car off, and held 1 and 6 and then turned ignotion key to ON and then pushed powere on the deck while holding 1 and , and it popped a U1555L4196 code? is that the serial that would usually be at the back of the deck?
rsx__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #15
VTEC_Inside
Mmm, 3rd lobe...

VTEC_Inside is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx__boi View Post
i have no code anywhere, under glove box or hood no book nothing, so i had to change battery, and it says CODE, so i powered car off, and held 1 and 6 and then turned ignotion key to ON and then pushed powere on the deck while holding 1 and , and it popped a U1555L4196 code? is that the serial that would usually be at the back of the deck?
Yes
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft

Slushies are something to drink, not drive...
Nikon Crew Member #23 | Gripped D700/D200/D80, 2.8 from 17-200
VTEC_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #16
rsx__boi

rsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsx__boi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
THanks! gonna call acura tomorrow and get my DECK CODE!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
k2rsx

k2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
check the side of glove box when you open it up..there's a sticker with the number on the side of mine.... (open glove box and it should be on the left outside wall of the glove box) give it a try
k2rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
TypeS_CJ
PIMP MODE: [ON] OFF

TypeS_CJ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTypeS_CJ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTypeS_CJ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTypeS_CJ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTypeS_CJ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTypeS_CJ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTypeS_CJ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTypeS_CJ is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just give any dealer a call. And if there being btchs about it, call another one -CJ
Old 02-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
rsx__boi

just checked it, its not there, did cabin filter, checked under wheel fuse box area, under hood nothing, who ever had this car before me was a ........ would'a been nice if some one who was at acura to give me it right now haha U1555 L4196 haha!

Last edited by rsx__boi; 02-03-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #20
rsxteufel
Cô rất đẹp

rsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozled View Post
Since u purchase OEM radio that didn't came with the car....u may try this website will cost u. Good luck. http://www.radio-code.com/Acura-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm.
rsxteufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #21
rsx__boi

LOL if it was a gamble i gambled, i just want my code before my trip back to work and its a few hours... haha lets see if that works...
Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
k2rsx

k2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxk2rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
LOL if it was a gamble i gambled, i just want my code before my trip back to work and its a few hours... haha lets see if that works...
haha shitty, I felt like I hit gold when I popped down my glove box and there it was on the side... Good luck man
k2rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #23
rsx__boi

Oh man, 2 hrs of silence was quite the experience lol, i did try the radio-code, nothing yet
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #24
rsxteufel
Cô rất đẹp

rsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxteufel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Oh man, 2 hrs of silence was quite the experience lol, i did try the radio-code, nothing yet
did u received the code? from them.
rsxteufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #25
foofoo

foofoo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfoofoo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfoofoo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfoofoo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfoofoo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfoofoo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfoofoo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfoofoo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Your owners manual!
foofoo is offline   Reply With Quote