Diy: Dc5 Jdm Push Start Install - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > The DIY Garage
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Diy: Dc5 Jdm Push Start Install

Here is a much needed tech article on the Push Start Install. This will be featured on www.k-series.com in a future tech article.

First Post: Remove all three trim panels below the steering wheel all the way back to the firewall and set aside.

Directly under the steering wheel is where the main connection goes. It is a brown plug that is fairly wide.

Your DC5R harness will have two of these type plugs, one will be male and the other female.

This is the OEM removed before it plugs into the new harness.

Here is the OEM harness going into the new harness.

All plugged up:

Make sure to install these relays where they go. You get three and they only fit where they belong, another reason to love Honda.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
www.k-series.com New lap time!! 2:30.1 lap VIR Full course street tires

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-24-2008 at 02:42 PM.
caeavesRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcaeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
2nd Post....please do not post until all spots are ready.

Once the connection is made run the wiring under the dash all the way across and out of the way of the steering rack. Now it's time to get your switch panel ready to accept the JDM Push Start!!!

Note: I removed cruise control awhile back and had no problem removing the switch forever. Others have left the button on and placed it behind the panel. It could also be run to the little coin pouch just below for a cleaner install.

Before added wiring.

Where to run the new wires.

Remove carefully.

Some tools needed at this point.

Came with a bracket and jdm stickers for the relays.

Squeeze these and push from behind to remove.

Remove all the connections.

Empty...now it's time to cut.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

Paris hilton night vision cutting action:

JDM BLING LITERALLY!!!!!
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

Sunroof switch back in for now....

Backside

The wiring should have been pulled through at this point. We do this before setting all the harnesses, ground, and new bracket to see how much slack is available to work with.

Down the hatch.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

If only I was done: Now it's time to head under the dash.

Part number for anyone going to Japan:
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

This is where I started the under dash process.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

Up next is the place where the bracket that came with the kit is installed. This bracket holds the relays up and out of the way. There is a nut welded onto another bracket that is not being used. It's dark up there and difficult to get to. Bracket is mounted with supplied 10mm bolt.

Just in case you can't see it.

Installing bracket.

Installing bracket.

Ground is here.

See; up here in the dark.

Shining a light on where the OEM ground wire is and where the ground needs to be added. 10mm bolt and not much room.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

Relays installed on bracket.

Ground installed.

Blurry shot before putting covers back on.

It ain't moddin if you ain't bleedin!!!

230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #9
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

Final piece of the puzzle:

By the way, it will not start without this wire grounded, I tried it.

But I decided there had to be a better way to make this work than cutting off the harness and stripping the wire. It may come in handy to have this harness clip one day. Who knows??

Aha, it comes apart.

This comes undone, then push on the lever inside and pull out the wire. Everything is reversable.

Now where to put this wire.

This looks good.

230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #10
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

Oh man, moment of truth. Well not really, I already tested it by jamming the wire onto another piece of metal but still, this time it's permanent.

She starts and runs. By the way, if you press the start button after the car is started it will grind your starter. Just so you know.

To sum it up:

Not a bad amount of time spent but the under dash part sucks. It's dark, cramped, and you are upside down for a good amount of time fighting with bolts and no room to swing the ratchet. But hey, JDM bling conversions are never easy.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
mxlu
HONDA PACT

mxlu is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
are you trying get some free post or something?

finally pics. guess he was making room for pics, my bad.

Last edited by mxlu; 06-17-2008 at 03:48 PM.
mxlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #12
G3min1
Curious Gooner

G3min1 is on a distinguished roadG3min1 is on a distinguished road
thats my guess so far.. but then again he already has 7,800+ posts

edit: or he's making room for the pics and crap??
Cons: Your car can blow up

Supercharger Pros: You get that distinctive supercharger whine going down the street.
Cons: Your car can blow up
"Beating a Dead Horse Crew " Member #1
G3min1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
rsx_s_xsr
No mames guey!

rsx_s_xsr is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
says 79 pics... very detailed diy..

2004 YAMAHA R1
PCUSBIII/AKRO/GRAVES/OHLINS/GYTR
US MARINE VET
rsx_s_xsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

Finished!!!

My favorite pic!!
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #15
arizonarsx
cha cha cha

arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though
nice, but what happened to your sunroof button?
I've always wanted to go to NOLA, but it's expensive. So I just flooded my bathroom and emptied the trash all over the floor, then invited some homeless people to come in and yell profanities at me.
arizonarsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #16
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

it's still there
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
Old 06-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #17
arizonarsx
cha cha cha

arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeavesRSX-S View Post
it's still there
oh i meant the cruise control button.
I've always wanted to go to NOLA, but it's expensive. So I just flooded my bathroom and emptied the trash all over the floor, then invited some homeless people to come in and yell profanities at me.
arizonarsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #18
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

It's in my toolbox. I removed the unit a while ago but left the button. Now I'm going to work on a cover for the hole left on the steering wheel by the actual cruise controls.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 06-17-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #19
cammyman1
referred to Subaru

cammyman1 is on a distinguished roadcammyman1 is on a distinguished roadcammyman1 is on a distinguished road
nice i did mine on the outside by mistake.

i left my cruise control on and zip tied the button behind the dash.
cammyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #20
D16_2_K20
Mugen RR Proper

D16_2_K20 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
sweet write up , very detailed and looks amazing!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #21
JayPee_inc
take off eh

JayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
JayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii FitJayPee_inc probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
great fukin write up... im gonna def do this some time this summer
Old 06-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #22
Tego
The Spanish Cutlet...

Tego has a clean startTego has a clean startTego has a clean start
Where did you buy the kit from?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #23
VSR17PA
Gangsta

VSR17PA is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
he bought it from ebay
VSR17PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #24
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

From a guy on vadriven who purchased it from jdmland/icbmotorsports. Notice how the kit has everything and more.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #25
justamatics
coolkid

justamatics is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i wish i knew how to do this ]=
justamatics is offline   Reply With Quote