K20 head / K24 block - Hybrid Parts List - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Engine Building & Design
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Notices

Old 08-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
K20 head / K24 block - Hybrid Parts List

After doing a K24 swap recently for a customer, I realized that there really wasn't a good parts list out there to make the swap go as smooth as possible. Since there are a lot of variations from Honda, I tried to come up with the list that makes it as easy as possible so that you can get the right parts the first time.

If I am missing something or you have found that a part number that actually doesn't work well, please feel free to let me know.

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/k24swap.html
K20A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Lmo

Lmo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
which variation of the k24 swap? full k24a2 motor? frank? or does it apply to all. where was this last week when i was getting mine done. =[ i'm curious to see if i'm missing anything that may prove to be of importance
Lmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
josolanes
kprotuners.com

josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
nice! thanks a lot chris

hopefully i'll be using this in the relatively near future
josolanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmo View Post
which variation of the k24 swap? full k24a2 motor? frank? or does it apply to all. where was this last week when i was getting mine done. =[ i'm curious to see if i'm missing anything that may prove to be of importance
I changed the title to fit what I was talking about better.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
XqiZit
K24 > K20

XqiZit is on a distinguished road
IMO its best to run the k20 oil pan, fits with all oil pumps, then you dont need that flywheel inspection cover, so less out of pocket spending.
XqiZit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

that is true unless you want to run an S2000 oil pump. Also, some people buy them used and don't want to crank open the pan. It is not a well known part so I added it to the list.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
XqiZit
K24 > K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20A2 View Post
that is true unless you want to run an S2000 oil pump. Also, some people buy them used and don't want to crank open the pan. It is not a well known part so I added it to the list.
ahh the s2k pump, your right. Although that does start to get outside the bounds of a plug and play set-up, the k24 pan is truly most universal.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

I like the K24 pan because it is lighter.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
XqiZit
K24 > K20

Quote:
I like the K24 pan because it is lighter.
i opted for the k20 pan for durability, if i go off at the track i dont want a couple good sized rocks denting the k24 pan, obviously the k20 could crack but i have more faith in cast aluminum rather than stamped steel
Old 08-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #10
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

haha, I don't blame you there. I make it a habit to not run off the road.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #11
k24_dc5

k24_dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Very nice list!!! I had no idea about the flywheel inspection cover.
k24_dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
BlackSI06
Banned

BlackSI06 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Great thread debating on whether i should do a k20a or k20 head k24 block to put in my EG Chris you should post the parts list on the thread and make it a sticky.
BlackSI06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #13
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

if you are staying all motor or supercharging then go with the k24 if you are going turbo then stick with the K20.

I made the page to make sure that it doesn't go anywhere. I am not sure if there is a lot of demand for the list, I know that I couldn't find one out there.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #14
dogbert
Master Member

dogbert is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
thanks, very helpful. whats the total price estimate of all the parts listed?
dogbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #15
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

I didn't list pricing because that all depends on where you buy the parts.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:42 PM   #16
gstrika
staxx

gstrika is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
if going supercharger on a k24/k20 build, is it as easy as doing the regular swap, then just install the supercharger?
2006 Subaru WRX
gstrika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:17 PM   #17
josolanes
kprotuners.com

josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
^ i'd also like to know. are superchargers compatible with other k-series heads? (crv, tsx, etc...)

i have a base so i could get a crv block, then type-s head but a crv long block is cheaper than the type-s head alone. and i'm not looking to squeeze every ounce of power out necessarily, as i know the type-s head flows much better
Old 09-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #18
-_James_-
Master Member

-_James_- is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
If I got a modified s2k -> k20 oil pump what parts would I need and any modifications? And would there be any benefits, cause I thought the crank is what limits the k24/k20 builds, not the k20 oil pump. I'm probably gonna buy my k20/k24 build in 2 weeks and since I don't have a k20 block I could go with an s2k pump.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #19
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by -_James_- View Post
If I got a modified s2k -> k20 oil pump what parts would I need and any modifications? And would there be any benefits, cause I thought the crank is what limits the k24/k20 builds, not the k20 oil pump. I'm probably gonna buy my k20/k24 build in 2 weeks and since I don't have a k20 block I could go with an s2k pump.
The Type-S pump is fine. There is enough other stuff to worry about during a K24 swap that complicating the oiling system. If this motor would see 9,000 rpm's, then "yes". No real need for it on a standard-stroke K24 block though.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #20
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstrika View Post
if going supercharger on a k24/k20 build, is it as easy as doing the regular swap, then just install the supercharger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by josolanes View Post
^ i'd also like to know. are superchargers compatible with other k-series heads? (crv, tsx, etc...)

i have a base so i could get a crv block, then type-s head but a crv long block is cheaper than the type-s head alone. and i'm not looking to squeeze every ounce of power out necessarily, as i know the type-s head flows much better
Yes, it is that simple. It will bolt onto a K20 head without an issue, the only thing you would have to change is the belt because of the height differences in the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -_James_- View Post
What you need is the pump, a K24 oil chain and guides and a K24 pan.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #21
2010 admin

Quote:
Yes, it is that simple. It will bolt onto a K20 head without an issue, the only thing you would have to change is the belt because of the height differences in the block.
To add to Chris' comments, I would offer one caveat on supercharged K24's: You will definitely not be able to the hydraulic power steering pump under the stock hood with the OEM Moss or Comptech tensioners and and I don't think the Comptech auto-tensioner will fit, either. JMercado is manufacturing his own tensioner but I don't know if fitment has been confirmed on this with the K24 block yet.

In a nutshell, hydraulic power steering may not work in the DC5 with a Roots blower.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #22
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

anything is possible with a plasma cutter and a welder.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #23
2010 admin

Quote:
anything is possible with a plasma cutter and a welder.
You just need this hood scoop over the PS pump area. It is made of space-age carbon fiber, will clear any engine accy's, and has the added benefit of inducting cool air.

The "Whale Anus"...

Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #24
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

haha
Old 09-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #25
josolanes
kprotuners.com

Quote:

What you need is the pump, a K24 oil chain and guides and a K24 pan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
To add to Chris' comments, I would offer one caveat on supercharged K24's: You will definitely not be able to the hydraulic power steering pump under the stock hood with the OEM Moss or Comptech tensioners and and I don't think the Comptech auto-tensioner will fit, either. JMercado is manufacturing his own tensioner but I don't know if fitment has been confirmed on this with the K24 block yet.

In a nutshell, hydraulic power steering may not work in the DC5 with a Roots blower.
alright cool...thanks for the info chris and erik