What type of manual transmission fluid? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Problems & Solutions
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:41 AM   #1
SkyintheSea

SkyintheSea is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
What type of manual transmission fluid?

I losted my manual guide for my Rsx type S, and my clutch is getting stiffer and grinds due to high mileage. What type of manual transmission fluid does a Rsx type S takes? What kind should I use?
SkyintheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
john666

john666 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i buy mine at the dealer...
john666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
sxy2003
Bundy :cry:

sxy2003 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Your clutch is stiff so you want to change your tranny fluid?
Where's the connection am I misunderstanding?
sxy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
i_crave_vtec
Master Member

i_crave_vtec might be well recognized one day on c-rsxi_crave_vtec might be well recognized one day on c-rsxi_crave_vtec might be well recognized one day on c-rsxi_crave_vtec might be well recognized one day on c-rsxi_crave_vtec might be well recognized one day on c-rsxi_crave_vtec might be well recognized one day on c-rsxi_crave_vtec might be well recognized one day on c-rsxi_crave_vtec might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
the manual will most likely tell you honda mtf

but i've been using it and its starting to blow my balls with the 3rd gear pause/stop, might consider getting amsoil syncromesh fluid
Old 09-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
Ktec
ya'll got hot wing?

Ktec is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
amsoil has lasted me a long time, longer than oem fluid and much longer than Redline. you could also try the new ACURA MTF.

GMThe heartburn of America
Ktec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Extra Krispy
Former Mod-Still a God

Extra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out more
Extra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out moreExtra Krispy is a super person....that needs to get out more
Honda MTF green label or Amsoil

Extra Krispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
dc5chris209
Team Drastic

dc5chris209 is on a distinguished road
Use about half a bottle of Lucas Oil automatic transmission aid, and the rest with Honda/Acura MTF for the 6speed. It will shift nice and smooth, if you wish you can opt to use syncromesh with my technique it worked that way as well with my old LS.
dc5chris209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #8
drumnatural
I can drive up your rsx

drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some thoughdrumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5chris209 View Post
Use about half a bottle of Lucas Oil automatic transmission aid, and the rest with Honda/Acura MTF for the 6speed. It will shift nice and smooth, if you wish you can opt to use syncromesh with my technique it worked that way as well with my old LS.
Unless you get get the exact list of chemicals in the Lucas automatic fluid I highly advise against doing this.

As posted before either the new Honda MTF(green label?), Amsoil, or Pennzoil/GM synchromesh.

I myself love Amsoil. Solved my 3rd gear "pause" and I have never once grinded 2nd.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
drumnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
dc5chris209
Team Drastic

dc5chris209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumnatural View Post
Unless you get get the exact list of chemicals in the Lucas automatic fluid I highly advise against doing this.

As posted before either the new Honda MTF(green label?), Amsoil, or Pennzoil/GM synchromesh.

I myself love Amsoil. Solved my 3rd gear "pause" and I have never once grinded 2nd.
I agree with you on that.

But even though this is not technically correct, it is working great in my K, and my old LS is still shifting great nearly 3 years later. So I don't for see any problems down the road.
dc5chris209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
brainofj01

brainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I work at a GM dealer. The GM Synchromesh is what I need?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #11
inmydream316
Kevin★05 DC5-S

inmydream316 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i use amsoil syncromesh fluid and
Visit my blog for DC5
inmydream316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #12
brainofj01

brainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbrainofj01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Will the GM version be the same, or at least work the same?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
ahern090
Master Member

ahern090 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxahern090 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxahern090 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxahern090 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxahern090 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxahern090 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxahern090 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxahern090 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainofj01 View Post
Will the GM version be the same, or at least work the same?
If you can get GM friction modeified synchromesh that would be your best bet. I use amsoil now and its pretty good but I'm sure the friction modified synchromesh will be fine
Short On Mod Cash Crew Member #37
ahern090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
brainofj01

I think that's what it is. It's $16/quart. Sound about right?