ac doesn't blow cold air - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Problems & Solutions
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
ivtech2

ivtech2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ac doesn't blow cold air

i am gonna die if i have to go another summer without ac. my ac blows only hot air and the heater works fine. I tried filling the refrigerant but it's not holding pressure and still the same problem, no cold air. what do you guys think is wrong? or what should i do? PLEASE HELP
ps. i'm bringing it to the shop next week.
ivtech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Oside_integra
Experience>KnowledgeAlone

Oside_integra is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
sounds like a leak? because the pressure isn't being held, there are dyes that you put in the ac system to find the leak but they are bad for the compressor better off taking it to a shop.
93 civic eg turbo
Oside_integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
ivtech2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oside_integra View Post
sounds like a leak? because the pressure isn't being held, there are dyes that you put in the ac system to find the leak but they are bad for the compressor better off taking it to a shop.
sorry, forgot to mention that the pressure is high but no refrigerant in it if i'm correct. i did it last year. i'll check the pressure again soon but i think its pretty high. must be a problem
Old 05-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
yuzuki

yuzuki is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyuzuki is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyuzuki is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyuzuki is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyuzuki is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyuzuki is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyuzuki is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyuzuki is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hmmm that same thing happened to me but the problem was that there was a leak on the condenser. All the freon leaked out and cost me a grip of money to fix.
yuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
fa22raptorf22

fa22raptorf22 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Well if you are 100% that its leaking you will have to get that repaired.

Otherwise, if it does have the pressure, you may have an electrical panel problem...like the controls on the inside for the ac, which is a diy fix.
fa22raptorf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
ivtech2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa22raptorf22 View Post
Well if you are 100% that its leaking you will have to get that repaired.

Otherwise, if it does have the pressure, you may have an electrical panel problem...like the controls on the inside for the ac, which is a diy fix.
what do you mean? i don't think there is aleak because i tried filling it up last night and the pressure guage is reading a really high pressure. like 8lbs. normal being 3-4. the my problem is i don't think theres much refrigerant in the system.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
l e o h j
got swirls?

l e o h j is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
don't keep forcing refrigerant inside the system if the pressure gauge is reading a really high pressure it will just damage the whole system

go to a shop that specializes on air conditioning let them drain and refill your refrigerant thats what i did when i got tired of having no a/c inside my car after replacing the compressor and refilling the system myself with those damn cans

one more thing to check for is if your compressor is clicking when the a/c is on

DIY: BUDDYCLUB SHORT-SHIFTER INSTALL
l e o h j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
ivtech2

Quote:
Originally Posted by l e o h j View Post
don't keep forcing refrigerant inside the system if the pressure gauge is reading a really high pressure it will just damage the whole system

go to a shop that specializes on air conditioning let them drain and refill your refrigerant thats what i did when i got tired of having no a/c inside my car after replacing the compressor and refilling the system myself with those damn cans

one more thing to check for is if your compressor is clicking when the a/c is on
how can i tell if i need a new compressor? where can i buy one? easy to install?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
Angelo118
Blank Member

Angelo118 has a clean startAngelo118 has a clean startAngelo118 has a clean startAngelo118 has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivtech2 View Post
i am gonna die if i have to go another summer without ac. my ac blows only hot air and the heater works fine. I tried filling the refrigerant but it's not holding pressure and still the same problem, no cold air. what do you guys think is wrong? or what should i do? PLEASE HELP
ps. i'm bringing it to the shop next week.
At first it sounds like you may be low on refrigerant. If issues persist when recharging and you have correct amount of refrigerant clean evaporator coil. If it's clean and in good condition all I can say is it may be compressor failure.

Quote:
sorry, forgot to mention that the pressure is high but no refrigerant in it if i'm correct. i did it last year. i'll check the pressure again soon but i think its pretty high. must be a problem
This is not possible. I can understand have pressure and not getting cold air refrigerent in cars tend to get worn out and crappy after a while.

Quote:
what do you mean? i don't think there is aleak because i tried filling it up last night and the pressure guage is reading a really high pressure. like 8lbs. normal being 3-4. the my problem is i don't think theres much refrigerant in the system.
I think you should get a local shop or EPA certified person to discharge your system then pull it into vacuum as I would do with most central A/C house units and refill it. If no cooling persists I say look at the compressor.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
Angelo118
Blank Member

Angelo118 has a clean startAngelo118 has a clean startAngelo118 has a clean startAngelo118 has a clean start
Quote:
how can i tell if i need a new compressor? where can i buy one? easy to install?
You will have refrigerant in the system, fans will all run but no cooling effect. You can buy a new compressor from: a part out thread, Acura dealer and around forums. Installing it is all on you.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
ivtech2

where are the parting out threads on this site? will i have to replace dryer, o ring ect.?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #12
Angelo118
Blank Member

Quote:
where are the parting out threads on this site? will i have to replace dryer, o ring ect.?
http://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217
part out thread.

I'm not exactly sure what you would need I don't work on cars too much but understand the way all systems work. Before you buy anything or do anything very drastic check all electrical connections and so on to make sure you don't just have a loose wire or something. BTW too much refrigerant in a system can cause the compressor to slug or stop working I'd get that at proper levels first.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
l e o h j
got swirls?

l e o h j is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
you can tell if u the compressor is working or not. if u have the a/c on and it should click. if not have it checked. its not really easy to replace the compressor unless you really know what your doing. you need to get the system discharged first before taking off the compressor unless you dont mind refrigerant blowing on your face when you disconnect the hoses

DIY: BUDDYCLUB SHORT-SHIFTER INSTALL
l e o h j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #14
Oside_integra
Experience>KnowledgeAlone

Oside_integra is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
you could also check the resistance on the clutch coil on the compressor with an ohm meter i think its like 4 ohms of resistance.
93 civic eg turbo
Oside_integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #15
Splinter88
Desert Silver RSX-S

Splinter88 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I have the same problem...i'll be taking my car in to a shop sometime this week. I'll let you know what the problem is when they tell me..But you might figure it out before i do. Hopefully it doesn't cost me a shit load of money lol
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #16
BIZZYBONAPINOY
i-vtec do you?

BIZZYBONAPINOY is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter88 View Post
I have the same problem...i'll be taking my car in to a shop sometime this week. I'll let you know what the problem is when they tell me..But you might figure it out before i do. Hopefully it doesn't cost me a shit load of money lol
let us know how things goes. im looking for a answer too! mine hasnt been working also
Old 05-12-2009, 01:36 AM   #17
ivtech2

bump
Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
Splinter88
Desert Silver RSX-S

Splinter88 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Wow...you guys are going to love this lol.

Hopefully your RSX's don't have the same problems...very unlikely.
Mine needs a new evaporator core = $198, labor for that is 130$, Evacuate & Recharge A/C system - $32.95, Repair connector at A/C compressor - $36.28. Shop fees ..$21.75.

all in all its going to take 397$ to fix my A/C lol.. Sometimes i wish i was a mechanic.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #19
My06_types
06 TypeS

My06_types is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMy06_types is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMy06_types is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMy06_types is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMy06_types is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMy06_types is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMy06_types is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMy06_types is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I also had the problem that my car wouldnt blow cold air when the ac was on. Its an 06 so i took it to the dealer and they had toreplace an o ring on the condensor that went bad and now it works fine so it could be something as small as an o ring

Build thread::
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=706345
My06_types is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #20
con5tant
lettuce be cereal

con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
check the fuse?
con5tant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #21
M_nus

M_nus is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I had the same problem and needed a new condensor fan. But my problem seems different. I knew it was the fan because when it tried to turn on, the engine would just stutter and my RPMs would drop as if the car had trouble idling. $400 repair. But now it's colder than ever.
M_nus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:43 AM   #22
dc5itr888

dc5itr888 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
im having the same EXACT problem...

Ive been told that the condenser needs to be replaced...
dc5itr888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:53 AM   #23
Saig3n

Saig3n is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I also have the same issue with the A/C. System pressure is high and no cold air. I'l check to see if i need to replace anything.
Saig3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #24
Mr.Gameovr

Mr.Gameovr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMr.Gameovr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMr.Gameovr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMr.Gameovr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMr.Gameovr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMr.Gameovr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMr.Gameovr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMr.Gameovr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My problem is a little different......My A/C only blows cold when my foot is on the gas, once i come to a stop it goes back hot! it's really pissing me off can ayone help?
Mr.Gameovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #25
Conan O'Brien

Conan O'Brien is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
same problem and apparently i need an entire new fucking AC. the compressor locked up because of something to do with the oil not moving through the system properly. what the fuck. dude said it's going to cost $1300. lol.
2003 Acura RSX- RIP
Conan O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote