Finally, an ACTUAL DIY Rear Wiper Delete - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > The DIY Garage
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
MyFaultDC5
Is Going K24 (hoping...)

MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Finally, an ACTUAL DIY Rear Wiper Delete

I got tired of sifting through all of the halfway DIY Rear wiper deletes and just got sick of looking so i went at it myself and figured it all out. Here it goes.

Tools Needed:

12mm, 10mm, Ratchet, Crescent Wrench. Time. Patience.

Step One
Open the hatch and look right below the top portion and you will see a cubby intended for you to close the trunk. Alot of people are unaware of this- i was until a friend showed me a week/two ago. Unscrew that screw and sat it aside for re-install later.

Step Two
Remove the rear black trunk privacy thing from the left/right clips. You will notice there is a screw on each one respectively. Unscrew those and the clips will come off all together, sit the screws in the holes and sit it aside later for reinstall.

Step Three
Now that those clips are off, manage to pry off the left and right panels CAREFULLY by hand- or if neccesary use something to pry them off. You HAVE to take these two (left and right panelts) first or else you break the clips the hold these two to the other panel.

Step Four
Now that all the screws are loose, use a butter knife, or skinny flat head screwdrive (or a door panel thing if you have one) and CAREFULLY pry it between the trunk body and trunk plastic panel and give it a little wiggle and you should hear a pop (the clips pop out) if you hear cracking, STOP, relocate your tool and try again. once you hear the pop you should be able to pull on it a little with you hand and you will here it all pop off.

You should be left with these parts off the trunk now.

Step Five
Remove the three screws at the bottom of the now exposed acutator thing for the wiper with a philips head screw driver.

Step Six
Close your trunk. make sure you dont do like i did and smash anything you may have sat in the trunk sills.
Pull on the peice that swings on the wiper to expose a bolt.

Of course- unscrew it.

Pull Wiper off, and the rubber peices and grommets etc off.

Step 7
Take your wrench or whatever you can find and remove the next bolt off the wiper. Be careful not to scratch your glass or anything as to mine was on pretty good and took a while to get off.

Step Eight
Open your trunk hatch and unplug the wiring to the wiper. Notice the three 12mm bolts holding in the support for the wiper. Remove these.

Now push out the rest of the wiper assembly. You should be left with this. Put it all back together if you plan on just selling it like i am- if your taking it off- your obv dont plan to use it again.

Step Nine
Now i went to advance auto parts and got some Black Rubber Sealant. Also while there i grabbed a set of GM & Universal Hood Insulation Retainers (Part No9110623 at advance auto parts. It comes up as HOOD INSTLLTN RTNR 3PK 9110623 on your reciept. ($1.69)

Take your rubber sealant and apply it around the hole that was left in your window and apply some to the hood retainer as well. I used rubber sealeant because it seems easier to remove excess than rubber cement etc. etc.... Put the retainer over the hole- let it sit and dry, take a box cutter or razor and remove any excess- and check for leaks...

All done.

You can take a razor or box knife and remove the excess- i will later tonight and repost pictures of the touch up. I just wanted to ensure a water tight seal!! You can also fill the hole which by the way does not leak as to the other side is closed. I personally - like the look of it there.

Last edited by MyFaultDC5; 08-18-2009 at 07:09 PM.
MyFaultDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
blackrsx530
CT

blackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxblackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxblackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxblackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxblackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxblackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxblackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxblackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
a picture of the final product might help but a great write up none the less i wish i had this when i did mine.
blackrsx530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
DrewFR0424
NJ Crew Like Glue!

DrewFR0424 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
No offense or anything but I've seen much nicer plugs than what you did... that looks kinda like shit honestly. Good write up but use a better plug.
DrewFR0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
D Fabulous
Master Member

D Fabulous is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i agree, but to each his own, thanks for the write up
Summer Car - 03 PWP RSX-S - EVERYTHING FORSALE http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=714704: KPRO Street Tuned, 60A Billet MM, Injen CAI, RBC IM, Hondata IMG, CTRH, Greddy Ti-C Turbo, Revo S.S., Tein S-Techs, DIY Ground Wires, Black Projectors, Red Taillights, Mugen Rad Cap, Spoon Drainbolts, Potenza Re-11 225/50/16,..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOHA0ijsmQ Best:13.9 w/out RBC.
D Fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
MyFaultDC5
Is Going K24 (hoping...)

MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Well like I said I have to go back and clean it up. I probaly shouldn't have used as much sealant as I did.once I clean it up it will look a lot better

Old 08-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Secoyb
X-Box Tag: bjsecoy

Secoyb is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewFR0424 View Post
No offense or anything but I've seen much nicer plugs than what you did... that looks kinda like shit honestly. Good write up but use a better plug.
Are you trying to be nice, or an ass, I can't tell.
Secoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
Bennettm89
Tactical Think-tank

Bennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some thoughBennettm89 is cool, not as cool as some though
GOod write up obviously. With idiot proof instructions. But I'm keeping my wiper haha
Bennettm89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
MyFaultDC5
Is Going K24 (hoping...)

went back and cleaned it up some.... still gotta sand it down some and get some of the excess glue off.

do not over do it on the glue- or else you will wind up having to do a clean up as i did

Things to know:

the diamter is 1.5in of the hole if you find another plug that will work

Last edited by MyFaultDC5; 08-18-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
WinRSXKid

WinRSXKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWinRSXKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWinRSXKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWinRSXKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWinRSXKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWinRSXKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWinRSXKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWinRSXKid is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
nice write up.
WinRSXKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #10
AxelTaylor
Master Member

AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though
Ah I see. Thanks for the write up. Im gonna order the EG wiper plug first though instead of try and fab on up.
AxelTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #11
Creepy Chris
Too much drama

Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelTaylor View Post
Ah I see. Thanks for the write up. Im gonna order the EG wiper plug first though instead of try and fab on up.

Great write up, but the EG plug looks nicer.
Creepy Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #12
99MustangGT
Master Member

99MustangGT has been a little shit in the past
Nice write up!! One day when i get some time i will probably end up doing this

Dippers/Smokeless Tobacco crew of CRSX member #3
99MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #13
Angelo118
Blank Member

Angelo118 has a clean startAngelo118 has a clean startAngelo118 has a clean startAngelo118 has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy Chris View Post

Great write up, but the EG plug looks nicer.
It's a plug what's the big difference?

Good write up. I'll be attempting this in the near future. You have somewhat inspired me but I might color match my plug to the car
Old 08-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #14
MyFaultDC5
Is Going K24 (hoping...)

color matching would be nice. i may too also go back and see if i can find something else that will fit in the hole that will work... im not willing to pay 15 tho to fill a hole that you can only see up close.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #15
MyFaultDC5
Is Going K24 (hoping...)

^^ if you know someone selling for 9.99 post it up... im sure people would appreciate it.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:17 AM   #16
Creepy Chris
Too much drama

Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListCreepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo118 View Post
It's a plug what's the big difference?

Good write up. I'll be attempting this in the near future. You have somewhat inspired me but I might color match my plug to the car
The big difference is appearance. I'm sure after some clean up, the TS's plug will look much better than his pics currently show.

However...actual Honda plug > DIY GM generic plug + rubber sealant
Old 08-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #17
Creepy Chris
Too much drama

Oh yeah, here you go TS in case you didn't see this. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ighlight=wiper
Old 08-19-2009, 01:16 AM   #18
SF_RSX-S
SupA FlY......

SF_RSX-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
OMG!!!!!! i did the exact same thing with the same shit.. hah... thats great.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #19
shwafia
Shwafia

shwafia is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
nice writeup, I'll be doing this soon, but I got the plug from Honda
shwafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
sled
tinyROAR.com

sled is on a distinguished roadsled is on a distinguished road
what is the honda plug part #??
sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #21
MyFaultDC5
Is Going K24 (hoping...)

i believe you can get it off ebay.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #22
tommy boulevard
I see what you did there

tommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the top
tommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the toptommy boulevard is not even half way to the top
Quote:
Originally Posted by sled View Post
what is the honda plug part #??

Hatch Window Plug 90301-SR3-000
Grommet 76707-ST7-000
Bolt 90156-SH3-000
Washer 94103-14200

Last edited by tommy boulevard; 08-19-2009 at 09:10 AM.
tommy boulevard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #23
shwafia
Shwafia

shwafia is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy boulevard View Post
Hatch Window Plug 90301-SR3-000
Grommet 76707-ST7-000
Bolt 90156-SH3-000
Washer 94103-14200
I haven't installed mine yet, but I don't think you need to buy the bolt. I believe you can use the bolt from the wiper, but this is just what I was told and haven't confirmed yet.
shwafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #24
vivid typeS
Master Member

vivid typeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
thanks for the good write up, just completed it. the plug you recommended worked great!
vivid typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #25
D Fabulous
Master Member

D Fabulous is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
thanks for the part #'s!
Summer Car - 03 PWP RSX-S - EVERYTHING FORSALE http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=714704: KPRO Street Tuned, 60A Billet MM, Injen CAI, RBC IM, Hondata IMG, CTRH, Greddy Ti-C Turbo, Revo S.S., Tein S-Techs, DIY Ground Wires, Black Projectors, Red Taillights, Mugen Rad Cap, Spoon Drainbolts, Potenza Re-11 225/50/16,..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOHA0ijsmQ Best:13.9 w/out RBC.
D Fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote