Door locks, radio, remote lock wont work - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Problems & Solutions
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
xukinamx

xukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Unhappy Door locks, radio, remote lock wont work

I have a 02 rsx base model. I was installing my aftermarket radio and doing all the basic installments untill my radio was not working after I plugged it in. I tried to get it working then my cars remote lock started not to work. is it the anti theft? then i asked my friend to look at the fuse box and i have no idea what he did and the door locks wont work now unless i turn on the car. what is going on with my car!!! WHAT DO I DO!!!

Last edited by xukinamx; 12-18-2009 at 04:19 PM.
xukinamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
pumpkinz

pumpkinz is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i have the same problem!!!!

one of the connections came loose, so I was working on
reconnecting the harness of aftermarket deck,
after putting it together, i have encountered the following problems:

1. the deck won't turn on at all
2. remote keyless entry does not work at all
3. auto lock inside the car only works when the car is turned on

how do i fix this???

Thanks in advance for your help guys!!!
pumpkinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
super fly

super fly is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuper fly is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuper fly is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuper fly is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuper fly is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuper fly is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuper fly is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuper fly is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Check the fuses under the hood. Im not sure what number it is, maybe 9, I don't remember. It's a 10 amp one though.

Edit: Went outside and confirmed; fuse #9 under the hood.

Last edited by super fly; 03-06-2010 at 09:27 PM.
super fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
BlAcuraRsx
My nose in your coke bag

BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
^^ yes its a fuse thats blown. i cant remember what one it is either, cant hurt to check the underdash fuses either
Car and Driver: An engine that screams with pleasure, perfectly precise controls, tasteful execution of every detail, red instrument lighting that really works. A jewel of a car, uncorrupted by froufrou.

Sounds like they are talking about the RSX... oh wait.. they are.
BlAcuraRsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
xukinamx

xukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxukinamx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yea I found I blown a fuse so I went and got one for the radio because the stock radio has the alarm. Although my drivers side door seems to not to work still. I think its the actuator but I have no idea how to open the door and see it
xukinamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
0RSeX4

0RSeX4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0RSeX4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0RSeX4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0RSeX4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0RSeX4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0RSeX4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0RSeX4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx0RSeX4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have a type s with the stock bose stereo, and I can arm my alarm with my windows down. Reach inside pull up the locks and open the door and the alarm doesn't go off...??? any ideas on that?
0RSeX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
DC5KIM
Naturally Aspirated

DC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0RSeX4 View Post
I have a type s with the stock bose stereo, and I can arm my alarm with my windows down. Reach inside pull up the locks and open the door and the alarm doesn't go off...??? any ideas on that?
You have to realize that the RSX doesnt come with an alarm.. if you want an alarm that chirps.. invest in VIPER
The red blinking light you see isnt an alarm, its Anti Theft for your Radio

Last edited by DC5KIM; 03-07-2010 at 03:54 PM.
DC5KIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #8
masterfoo

masterfoo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I had the same problem with my '06 RSX type S. I had installed an aftermarket stereo and was putting the stock stereo back in. When i hooked it up, no power to stereo. Then discovered that also no power to the power LOCK, but the power UNLOCK worked. Also, the courtesy lights that come on when you open the door weren't working, but the dome could be manually switched on. I think everything else worked: windows, moonroof, blinkers, horn, wipers, ignition, mirror motors, lights.
The fuse that blew in this case was a 7.5A under the hood, not under the dash. It's the one close the the spare fuses.
masterfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #9
Ktec
ya'll got hot wing?

Ktec is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0RSeX4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by william.song.kim View Post
You have to realize that the RSX doesnt come with an alarm.. if you want an alarm that chirps.. invest in VIPER
The red blinking light you see isnt an alarm, its Anti Theft for your Radio
STFU
you EPICFAIL

it takes 30 seconds for the STOCK ALARM (yes the RSX has an OEM alarm) to arm...SO open your window, lock the doors, wait over 30 seconds, THAN try opening your lock

GMThe heartburn of America
Ktec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #10
ninesickzteen

ninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
my car doesnt unlock on a hot day when i use my stock remote transmitter keyfob. so i gotta walk up and unlock my car with the keys
ninesickzteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
djardy07

djardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Having the same problem with my alarm, doors, and radio. Checked the fuse. I blew the "back up" fuse under the hood. Don't know if that relates to the problem, but when i try to replace the fuse it blows when i just touch the connector. Should i disconnect the battery before I install a new fuse?
djardy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
djardy07

djardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdjardy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Fixed it lol. It was 7.5 "backup" fuse. Its under the interior light 7.5 under the hood. Took the positive terminal off them put the fuse in.......worked like a charm
Old 10-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
uptnzfinest

uptnzfinest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxuptnzfinest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxuptnzfinest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxuptnzfinest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxuptnzfinest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxuptnzfinest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxuptnzfinest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxuptnzfinest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I was trying to short the obd connection pins and instead of connecting pins 4 and 9 i connected something else and i heard something blow. I checked so many fuses that blew and nothing....so far replaced fuses 3 and 9.....if anyone has any input on this id appreciate it
uptnzfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
nastyh

nastyh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnastyh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnastyh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnastyh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnastyh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnastyh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnastyh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnastyh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
my deck sometimes twitches and it always ends up being the 7.5 amp backup fuse
nastyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
Phase rokk star
Rsx Lover

Phase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I know it's an old thread but I would like to know cuz I just in stalled an aftermarket headunit and my locks don't work with remote or when the car is off. I just wanna clarify is it just a blown fuse?
Phase rokk star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #16
djardy07

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase rokk star View Post
I know it's an old thread but I would like to know cuz I just in stalled an aftermarket headunit and my locks don't work with remote or when the car is off. I just wanna clarify is it just a blown fuse?
Yes, it was a blown fuse. This has happened to me more than once. Make sure to disconnect your battery before installing a new fuse under the hood.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
Phase rokk star
Rsx Lover

Phase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxPhase rokk star is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by djardy07 View Post
Yes, it was a blown fuse. This has happened to me more than once. Make sure to disconnect your battery before installing a new fuse under the hood.
Alright awesome thanks! And by any chance do you know which fuse is it?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
djardy07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase rokk star View Post
Alright awesome thanks! And by any chance do you know which fuse is it?
I posted it ^^^. Read the thread.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #19
Phase rokk star
Rsx Lover

Quote:
I posted it ^^^. Read the thread.
Yeah I read it and found it thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
cheechjpezlo

cheechjpezlo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcheechjpezlo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcheechjpezlo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcheechjpezlo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcheechjpezlo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcheechjpezlo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcheechjpezlo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcheechjpezlo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
what fuse did you guys use? I kept blown them out till I put in a 20.... then it smelt like burnt in the cabin
cheechjpezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
rmadrigal

rmadrigal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrmadrigal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrmadrigal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrmadrigal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrmadrigal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrmadrigal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrmadrigal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrmadrigal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey this happened to me in my 06 Acura RSx Type S but now i lost complete sound. like my Kenwood ddx770 turns on and everything but no sound, and i checked all my fuses all were good. Any one else get this??

Last edited by rmadrigal; 04-07-2013 at 04:12 PM.
rmadrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #22
Monito

Monito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
same problem!

i have the same problem! tried installing a radio and i messed up. now the car wont lock (when its off) and the radio wont work. ive checked all but 2 fuses. scratch that i double checked them. the two i didnt check are surrounded by this yellow box and it wont let me take them out! they are both numbered 10. i was thinking it was one of the fuses marked 10 on it because it had a music note symbol when i checked the fuse cover. could it be the relays or anything else? maybe the 2 fuses i didnt check? all the 7.5 fuses were good. my main priority is getting the radio working again. im not that great with cars so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Monito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #23
djardy07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monito View Post
i have the same problem! tried installing a radio and i messed up. now the car wont lock (when its off) and the radio wont work. ive checked all but 2 fuses. scratch that i double checked them. the two i didnt check are surrounded by this yellow box and it wont let me take them out! they are both numbered 10. i was thinking it was one of the fuses marked 10 on it because it had a music note symbol when i checked the fuse cover. could it be the relays or anything else? maybe the 2 fuses i didnt check? all the 7.5 fuses were good. my main priority is getting the radio working again. im not that great with cars so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fuse box under the hood. Labeled "back up". Read the thread. I think it was a 7.5. This has happened a couple times for me
Old 11-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #24
Monito

Monito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMonito is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Fuse box under the hood. Labeled "back up". Read the thread. I think it was a 7.5. This has happened a couple times for me
I'll make sure to try in the a.m. and I'll get back to you then. Thanks for replying!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
Monito

Quote:
I checked the fuse box under the hood and did not see anything labeled "back up". I took a few pictures but I'm not even sure if you can post pictures here. I'm new to these forums.