knock sensor help! Teaser!!!! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Problems & Solutions
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
02RSX_S
12sechatch

02RSX_S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
knock sensor help! Teaser!!!!

ok so figure this one out..... i broke the knock sensor on my 04 type S so i pulled the knock sensor off a 03 type S that i have laying down at the shop. Here is where it gets tricky... one has a circular connector and the other has a square connector... I called autozone and advanced auto and the part numbers for the 02,03, and 04 type S knock sensor is the same. I need the knock sensor that takes a circular connector but they are telling me that is off of a 02 base. and both wiring harnesses look untouched.
02 ABP RSX-S:Fully Built K24/K20 Frank Motor, Buddy Club RH, Comptech Exhaust, K-Pro, Injen CAI, Ingalls Torgue Damper, Innovative Motor Mounts (race kit), Tein SSP Coilovers, 8lb flywheel, ACT Extreme Pressure Plate w/ Street Disc, and a EP3 CTR Tranny w/ LSD. SOLD
04 ABP RSX-S:Comptech Supercharged, 8lb pulley, k-pro, tein coilovers, SRI, ebay exhaust SOLD
Currently in a Red 05 Altima SE-R
02RSX_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
02RSX_S
12sechatch

ok so update... the type S sensor is the one with the square connector... so how did a Type S get a base model knock sensor and the wiring harness have a base connector on it? and the harness has never been touched
02 ABP RSX-S:Fully Built K24/K20 Frank Motor, Buddy Club RH, Comptech Exhaust, K-Pro, Injen CAI, Ingalls Torgue Damper, Innovative Motor Mounts (race kit), Tein SSP Coilovers, 8lb flywheel, ACT Extreme Pressure Plate w/ Street Disc, and a EP3 CTR Tranny w/ LSD. SOLD
04 ABP RSX-S:Comptech Supercharged, 8lb pulley, k-pro, tein coilovers, SRI, ebay exhaust SOLD
Old 02-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
DJCarbine
dolan pls

DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02RSX_S View Post
ok so update... the type S sensor is the one with the square connector... so how did a Type S get a base model knock sensor and the wiring harness have a base connector on it? and the harness has never been touched
Take a picture of your engine bay

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
02RSX_S
12sechatch

ill have to do that tomorrow. but you still cant see the sensor.... here is an older pic of the motor when it had a blower on it...

Old 02-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
DJCarbine
dolan pls

DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though
So there was a base knock sensor and you have the base knock sensor wiring harness?

Thats weird, did you buy the car new?

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
Old 02-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
02RSX_S
12sechatch

lol thats what i said and no i bought the car used.. but would a base wiring harness for the lower portion of the motor work with all other sensors?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
DJCarbine
dolan pls

I think someone needs to verify that the base and type-S knock sensor wiring harness is different

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
02RSX_S
12sechatch

i tried looking it up but cant find pics online of the harnesses. only the sensors