google chrome not responding - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OFF TOPIC > Off Topic Forums > Computer Tech
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
03rsxnj
THE LEGEND OF CRSX

03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
google chrome not responding

for some reason google chrome has completely shutdown on my home pc i can still use firefox

when i open chrome it just loads and never displays a page wont even display the newtab page with the 8 windows on it

ran avast anti virus and malware bytes both came back clean
tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didnt work

suggestions? i miss the incognito window already
well i just went down on this chick and im really worried cuz i was fighting my friend earlier today and got a cut in my mouth and i forgot and I was like BBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....... GARGLE GARGLE GARGLE on her vag
03rsxnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
alexsamma
Reset

alexsamma is on a distinguished roadalexsamma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rsxnj View Post
for some reason google chrome has completely shutdown on my home pc i can still use firefox

when i open chrome it just loads and never displays a page wont even display the newtab page with the 8 windows on it

ran avast anti virus and malware bytes both came back clean
tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didnt work

suggestions? i miss the incognito window already
Try Superantispyware, I finally used it the other day and it found a few viruses that
Avast and Malware Bytes did not find. If that doesn't work try un-installing any google services you need and then re-install. Finally, you can always go into the registry and manually remove any entry that pertains to google software.
alexsamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
03rsxnj
THE LEGEND OF CRSX

03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx03rsxnj might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Ninstalled everything google and avast

Also grabbed a copy of avg (like it a bit more) and am running it rite now when it finishes I'm gonna run malwarebytes Gain and then grab superanti spyware and run that also

Also had to restore my system since something cause my laptop to unistall my sound device but restore got my sound back
well i just went down on this chick and im really worried cuz i was fighting my friend earlier today and got a cut in my mouth and i forgot and I was like BBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....... GARGLE GARGLE GARGLE on her vag
Old 03-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
RedCelica
Fuck Windows

RedCelica is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i was going to suggest uninstalling Chrome and deleting the folder out of app data and from the registry...then reinstall.
s2kca now on Google+
s2kca on facebook
RedCelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
03rsxnj
THE LEGEND OF CRSX

Honestly I have no clue when it comes to going into the registry and deleting things if you could walk me threw in that would help even after I redownload/install chrome it maintains my settings which could be the problem if it's remembering what tucked it up in the first place
Old 03-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
alexsamma
Reset

alexsamma is on a distinguished roadalexsamma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Honestly I have no clue when it comes to going into the registry and deleting things if you could walk me threw in that would help even after I redownload/install chrome it maintains my settings which could be the problem if it's remembering what tucked it up in the first place
Have you tried un-installed all google services from your machine first?

If so try Red's advise, but go a step further and do a search for google and delete any files/folders that come up; repeat for chrome and any other keywords.

The registry is a bit more challenging, and it is the last place you want to mess with. If you end up going this far I would try to find a site that references the individual registry entries you need to delete/fix and go through one at a time.

First, did you run superantispyware? If Avast/Malware bytes/AVG/SuperAntiSpayware can't find anything you need to cross your fingers and hope that this is simply a Chrome issue - and if that is the case you should probably head over to Google's help forums.

Last edited by alexsamma; 03-19-2010 at 12:01 AM.
alexsamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #7
RedCelica
Fuck Windows

google chrome may have installed within your profile directory

go start->run->c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\ and do a search within that directory for 'google' and delete everything that comes up AFTER the uninstall of all things google.

Look in both the App. Data and Local Settings app data subfolders within the path posted above for anything google related and delete it.
s2kca now on Google+
s2kca on facebook
Old 03-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
03rsxnj
THE LEGEND OF CRSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsamma View Post
Have you tried un-installed all google services from your machine first?

If so try Red's advise, but go a step further and do a search for google and delete any files/folders that come up; repeat for chrome and any other keywords.

The registry is a bit more challenging, and it is the last place you want to mess with. If you end up going this far I would try to find a site that references the individual registry entries you need to delete/fix and go through one at a time.

First, did you run superantispyware? If Avast/Malware bytes/AVG/SuperAntiSpayware can't find anything you need to cross your fingers and hope that this is simply a Chrome issue - and if that is the case you should probably head over to Google's help forums.
aavg found 2 threats last night and superanti spyware found 606 threat cleared them all out

and yea i deleted everything google and chrome related in searchs havent tried to reload it yet probably try today after work
Old 03-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
RedCelica
Fuck Windows

Quote:
aavg found 2 threats last night and superanti spyware found 606 threat
tracking cookies ftl, you need to set Chrome to only "Accept Cookies from site [you] visit" (1st party only) or better yet, block all cookies and see what breaks.
s2kca now on Google+
s2kca on facebook
Old 03-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #10
03rsxnj
THE LEGEND OF CRSX

yea i did that with firefox but for some reason it slipped my mind to do with chrome hopefully this resolves my problem i like chrome way more the ie and ff
Old 03-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
RedCelica
Fuck Windows

chrome > *; ib4ronin
s2kca now on Google+
s2kca on facebook