My RHD Vtec Monster Build + BOOST - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Member Show-Off
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-04-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
bakasam
#1 DEP TRAI

bakasam is a name not to mess with
bakasam is a name not to mess withbakasam is a name not to mess withbakasam is a name not to mess with
My RHD Vtec Monster Build + BOOST

Here's a project my older bro and I recently picked up. Progress is going good. So I decided to make a build thread to share with my fellow CRSX'ers.

Long Story Short: Brothers turbo rsx took a dump. Parted it out, kept the motor. Picked up a 1968 RHD Austin Cooper shell from a buddy that kept it sitting in the back of his shop for 12 years. Condition is not too bad, but we are happy with the shell + it already has an authentic zeemax wide body.

Alot of plans for this.
Stay Tuned for updates.
Page 1 - The Beginning
Page 2 - Clean up and Strip + goods
Page 3 - WOOHOO PRESENTS!
Page 4 - Towed to get sandblasted
Page 5 - Sandblasting done, Spray with Rust Protection for time being. REAR SUBFRAME/COILS/DISC BRAKES ON + Some Engine Goodies
Page 6 - got a nice package..
Page 7 - Front Subframe on. Wheel Bearning, hubs, strut towers, coilovers, etc
Page 8 - video..
Page 9 - Bottom chassis sanded and rust treated + haircut
Page 10 - k24, cleaning and painting the block.
Page 11 - Sanding and Blocking.....FML. more packages (11/16/10)
Page 12 - small update after months
Page 12 - 2 years later...bondo work
the rsx RIP

The Mini

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by bakasam; 03-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.
bakasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
dc5erm
ABP FTMFW!!!

dc5erm Neg Kingdc5erm Neg King
this is going to be interesting
ABP Crew Member #58

Flickr
dc5erm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
TheTempest
Olivia Munn :love:

TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hahahaha oh shit.
i'm in
Old 08-04-2010, 02:44 AM   #4
kvizzel

kvizzel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkvizzel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkvizzel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkvizzel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkvizzel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkvizzel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkvizzel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkvizzel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
mini coopers with vtakkk is insaneee.

i think there was one posted around here.
kvizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:45 AM   #5
eN1gMa
Jedi Member

eN1gMa is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Yeah boy!

Instagram: JDM03DC5
eN1gMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
pcasupreme
oh hai thar

pcasupreme is a hardcore rep whore
pcasupreme is a hardcore rep whorepcasupreme is a hardcore rep whorepcasupreme is a hardcore rep whorepcasupreme is a hardcore rep whorepcasupreme is a hardcore rep whorepcasupreme is a hardcore rep whorepcasupreme is a hardcore rep whorepcasupreme is a hardcore rep whorepcasupreme is a hardcore rep whore
ooooooo interesting lol cant wait
Short On Mod Cash Crew Member #40
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HotAvy&SigKrew MemberFuck A/C Windows Down Crew #10
pcasupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:03 AM   #7
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

dan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess with
have you tried fitting it in yet to see what needs to be fabbed? should be fun, i had fun with my eg
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsBryan View Post
not as ghey as your base rsx that had rota's with volk stickers
dan_nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:07 AM   #8
bakasam
#1 DEP TRAI

bakasam is a name not to mess withbakasam is a name not to mess withbakasam is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_nguyen View Post
have you tried fitting it in yet to see what needs to be fabbed? should be fun, i had fun with my eg
with the subframe conversion it should fit fine. other than that, i had to order a new one piece front clip that is extended 3inches.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #9
Yan
U mad?

Yan is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I've seen this done before, should be interesting.

Nice project!!!

Have fun and keep us posted!
San Diego Ridiculously Good Looking Crew Member #5
Sergeant Major of CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #15
"Show or Go, either way it's because you spent your hard earned $$$ on it!"
S.D.'s 2006 NBP-S
Yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:14 AM   #10
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

dan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess withdan_nguyen is a name not to mess with
can you run a full sized radiator or are you gonna run a half sized? i tried fitting a full sized but i ended up just welding a half sized on
Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 03:16 AM   #11
bakasam
#1 DEP TRAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_nguyen View Post
can you run a full sized radiator or are you gonna run a half sized? i tried fitting a full sized but i ended up just welding a half sized on
half sized. but my other concern is fitting the intercooler. mite run a top mount..half sized..dunno yet

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #12
con5tant
lettuce be cereal

con5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcon5tant is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
con5tant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:27 AM   #13
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakasam View Post
half sized. but my other concern is fitting the intercooler. mite run a top mount..half sized..dunno yet
maybe try a custom v mount set up, but i don't know how much room you have to work with between the front core support and the bumper
Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 03:28 AM   #14
WRSeXy
TAP TAP U MAD

WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some thoughWRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though
Honestly one of my dream builds.

Potential to be ridiculously awesome.
WRSeXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:43 AM   #15
SHINS
ASSHOLE CREW

SHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSHINS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
this will be good. subscribed
Ok h3y guyz 1 n33dz h3lp r1ght qu1ck! W3n 1 dr1v3 my rsx 1 try sh1ftin and I b3 h34arin th1s no1z3 f0r m4ddd l0ng n0w at 5.5 rpm l1ke 1tz a l0ud s0und and 1m not sure wat it cud b3. L1ke 4real th0 1 b th1nkin 1tz n0rmal l1ke my dud3 t0ld m3 its nuttin but I didnt Bel13v3 h1m kuz h3 b3 ly1ng s0m3t1m3z n shyt 2 m3. C4n u guyz 0n h3re h3lp m3 f1gur3 0ut w4ts my pr0bl3m????:ugh :
SHINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:48 AM   #16
ryder
H.A.M

ryder is loved by everyone on c-rsx
ryder is loved by everyone on c-rsxryder is loved by everyone on c-rsxryder is loved by everyone on c-rsxryder is loved by everyone on c-rsxryder is loved by everyone on c-rsxryder is loved by everyone on c-rsxryder is loved by everyone on c-rsxryder is loved by everyone on c-rsxryder is loved by everyone on c-rsx
have fun man!

Instagram: RyderDC5
ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #17
Dc5tim
NASTZL1

Dc5tim might be well recognized one day on c-rsxDc5tim might be well recognized one day on c-rsxDc5tim might be well recognized one day on c-rsxDc5tim might be well recognized one day on c-rsxDc5tim might be well recognized one day on c-rsxDc5tim might be well recognized one day on c-rsxDc5tim might be well recognized one day on c-rsxDc5tim might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
cant wait to see some progress on this mang
1969 Camaro: Sold
Dc5tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:16 AM   #18
KyleFeauxSho

KyleFeauxSho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKyleFeauxSho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKyleFeauxSho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKyleFeauxSho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKyleFeauxSho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKyleFeauxSho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKyleFeauxSho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKyleFeauxSho is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
In on 1.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:17 AM   #19
DC5 Timo
mmmmm lion balls

DC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Timo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
in on juan
Comptech FTW Crew #1
q/___\p
/Oo.\\_. A ._//.oO\
\_o__|R S X|__o_/
Efucked Yan Crew Member #2
DC5 Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #20
Type-S-Ralph
Master Member

Type-S-Ralph is a rep WHORE
Type-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHOREType-S-Ralph is a rep WHORE
Nice, I deff want to watch the progress.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:14 AM   #21
Drewski's
( ‾ʖ̫‾)

Drewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the top
Drewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the topDrewski's is not even half way to the top
the outcome of this will be much win. in
Drewski's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #22
WONG_89
Master Member

WONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess withWONG_89 is a name not to mess with
Suscrived
Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #23
JAYROC923
My i-VTEC goes BWAAAAHHHH

JAYROC923 is on a distinguished roadJAYROC923 is on a distinguished road
im in

JAYROC923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #24
MadVillain
Training Mode

MadVillain is easy..................when it comes to repMadVillain is easy..................when it comes to rep
MadVillain is easy..................when it comes to rep
awesome project, can't wait to see it finished

☆☆☆
MadVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #25
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsListAzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Sam!!!!! You stop post whorin anyway good luck with project
Zombie Eradication Team Member #27

HASK Infamous Anime Crew Viet Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetheman
#1 deadliest animal is your mom. You let her cowgirl you and she will crush your pelvis.
AzianK is offline   Reply With Quote