wheel fitment - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE > Exterior Mods
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Tad
Youngest Member

Tad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wheel fitment

ok so i looked up the fitment on the wheel specs on crsx and couldnt find all the info im looking for.. been researching for about a month now and cant come up with the correct info so help out if you can..
i have an 05 base rsx... will these fit my car?
xxr 522 17x9 with 5/4.5 bolt pattern 25 offset.. and tires i know its like 225/45/17... but idk what the 1st number should be for the 17x9s.. please help a fellow member out.... thanks!
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Tad
Youngest Member

Tad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
they also have the same one with a 42 offset.. which one is recomended? i am buying all 4 the same so i can rotate my tires... it is my DD..
Old 08-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
330_DC5
Nikon Crew

330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
+42 is way to high for a x9 you'd need to run a large spacer or you'd hit stuff. Also, i'm not 100% if the 5x4.5 is the exact same as 5x114.3. 225's would need to be stretched a little i think to fit a x9; you can throw a 245 on there no problem. Also, what are you dropped on and how low do you want to go? If you wanna go low you'll need camber arms/bolts and you'll need to roll your fenders
ABP Crew Member #71
"The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental."
330_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Tad
Youngest Member

alright ill go with the 25 offset then.. and yea i didnt know the first number.. 245 good for x9? and im at stock suspension right now... only 17 and dont have much money.. going to get springs same time as wheels so like a 1.75 drop... nothing too serious. dont want it slammed or anything. just making sure i wont run into any problems if i bought the wheels.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Tad
Youngest Member

better just to do a 17x8? just wanna be able to pop them on with no fitment problems or having to change anything.. that possible with the 17x9s? lol
Old 08-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
JCross24

My car is lowered and has a 225 on 8inch wide wheel and everything is fine but i did have to roll my fenders. but ive heard of people running 9 and 9.5's before on there rsx's
JCross24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
Tad
Youngest Member

hmm well I'm going for looks so if I can't tell much of a difference then I'll do the 17x8 not 9s but the only ofset the 17x8 come in is 42... Will that look bad or be too much?
Old 08-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
Honda-R

the 8's at 42 offset wont look as good as the 9's at 25 offset
BBSquad #9 v.2
Honda-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #9
Tad
Youngest Member

9s at 25 it is... While at stock height will I need to do any modifications for the 9s? I know you need to roll fenders and do other stuff when it's lowered but nothing needs to be done at all stock correct?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:54 AM   #10
330_DC5
Nikon Crew

330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx330_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
IMO, just save up and get coilovers not springs. I have springs just because i bought my car that way but your stock shocks will most likely blow running lowerin springs so you'll end up spending the same money as a pair of decent coils anyway. a 17x8 +35 is a very good sized wheel that doesn't require much to fit it so thats a decent option. People have run 10.5 inch wide wheels on their rsx before so you can fit a 9, but most of the time it requires a ridiculous amount of camber to fit it. What wheels exactly are you looking to buy. Full face wheels become concave at a x9 width so that looks sweet. At stock height it should fit fine as long as it doesn't hit a suspension arm. Go into the aggressive wheel thread and ask those guys they're wheel fitment guru's they'll be able to help you out. Just remember, running crazy wide wheels with low offset will put increased stress on your wheel bearings and other components as well as increasing torque steer in some cases.
ABP Crew Member #71
"The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental."
Old 08-29-2010, 02:07 AM   #11
low&slow
Master Member

run 17x9+20 that looks real good
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
Tad
Youngest Member

alright I mean if they don't look ridiculous I won't even lower it on springs.. I'm not in it for lowering ha I'm just a kid and would prob bottom out. But the rims is the gold xxr 522... I know it comes in 17x8 42 offset and I've heard of 32 offset on it but I can't find them for sale and then 17x9 45 offset and 25 offset... 2 members have the 17x9 so maybe the 25 offset might work? Idk I might go to a tire or wheel shop and ask if they fit
Old 08-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #13
330_DC5
Nikon Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tda11a5 View Post
alright I mean if they don't look ridiculous I won't even lower it on springs.. I'm not in it for lowering ha I'm just a kid and would prob bottom out. But the rims is the gold xxr 522... I know it comes in 17x8 42 offset and I've heard of 32 offset on it but I can't find them for sale and then 17x9 45 offset and 25 offset... 2 members have the 17x9 so maybe the 25 offset might work? Idk I might go to a tire or wheel shop and ask if they fit
If you're getting crazy offset wheels please don't stay at stock height that'd look ridiculous. If you don't have alot of money to blow on suspension that is understandable, just buy a good set of springs with the drop you want and change out the shocks in a year or two or whatever. I just looked at the wheels and first off those are cheap as hell! And ya the x9+25 should have a semi concave face that'd look nice and aggressive. If you know 2 members on here have them shoot them a pm and ask any questions you may have. A shop will have no idea they don't know the backspace our cars have just go to the aggressive wheel thread they'll answer if it'll fit and what size tires you'll need to run.
ABP Crew Member #71
Old 10-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #14
KingN

i got a random noob question, i dont want to start a whole thread just for it so i'll ask here:P ; would 8 stud rims fit an 03 rsx auto, im guessing not since ours are 5 bolt, i dont know the bolt pattern of the rims either...i just know that its got 8 lugs from looking at a pic.
KingN is offline   Reply With Quote