Glazed clutch. HOW DO I FIX IT!! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Problems & Solutions
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
Danthecarnub

Danthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Glazed clutch. HOW DO I FIX IT!!

Alright so my master cylinder went after my new clutch was put in. stage2 clutchmaster. I drove it not knowing for about a month, then it started slipping.. clutch is now glazed. I cant hit the gas hard while in 4th gear and vtech is out of the question How do i fix this..? I would HATE to have to open it up again..
Danthecarnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
josolanes
kprotuners.com

josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
you'll need to replace it to really fix it. sorry to say
josolanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
Danthecarnub

Danthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDanthecarnub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
scotchbrite wont fix it? gotta be kidding me..
Old 09-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Danthecarnub

I was told that sandpaper and... break cleaner would do the trick..
Old 09-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthecarnub View Post
I was told that sandpaper and... break cleaner would do the trick..
Pull the tranny and give it a shot. Let us know how it works out.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
Danthecarnub

Thing is. I switched out the master like you said (thanks for the suggestion on which master to get). And it feels a little better now. But when i first got clutch the engagement was right off the floor... now its right at the top of my pedal.. Could this be a bad pressure plate?

(its still slipping)

Once again guys, really appreciate your help.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
2010 admin

If the disc got glazed, it's glazed, and there is no way to fix it without removing it.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
Danthecarnub

Okay. But once its removed will it be fixable? Or am i in line for a new clutch?..

Im just taking it to a new shop. Ill have the clutch deglazed.. and the throwout bearing relubed.

Last edited by Danthecarnub; 09-26-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
DJCarbine
dolan pls

DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some thoughDJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though
I fixed a shuddering/slipping/glazed cluch in the mustang using emery cloth on the flywheel surface, and LIGHTLY on the clutch disc surface

Granted, it only took me 15 minutes to pull the trans in the car, it was worth the gamble, and it paid off

If I went through the trouble on an RSX, I would have the flywheel resurfaced and a new clutch put in if you are having bad slipping issues

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #10
Danthecarnub

Its brand new :-(.. But i might have to do just that.. hopefully i can get it done for 800 total including price of clutch..
Old 09-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #11
Danthecarnub

Im still confused as to what made my shift point go from Super low off the floor to super high (which it still is) Is that normal for new clutches?.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #12
josolanes
kprotuners.com

josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
^ could either be a new clutch or the master cylinder (clutch pedal adjustment)
Old 09-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #13
Danthecarnub

I put the new clutch in, and it used to engage off the floor. And then i felt it get higher and higher as the das went by. Then one day it decided it was going to start engaging at the top... Even after i replaced my Master it still engages high.. could that just be the new pressure plate getting worn in?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
josolanes
kprotuners.com

ah nvm i was thinking the opposite. ya, that's the clutch wearing. as a clutch gets older the engagement point tends to raise very slowly. since it's glazed/worn, its engagement point rised very high

you can try adjusting the cmc clutch pedal adjustment (back of the clutch pedal) to see if that will lower your clutch pedal engagement and, maybe, help your slipping some. but if it's truly glazed it may not help
Old 09-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #15
Danthecarnub

Thank you so much for the input!! im going to try that tomorrow.. God bless you all for dealing with my ignorance :-D. Im going to get the old clutch, scotchbrite it.. and sell it on ebay, maybe someone else will have luck with it..

Plan is to get a new clutch/pressure plate. Im still sticking with clutchmasters cause the grab i had before everything went to shit.. was amazing.. Im just hoping i have no more problems..

Ill keep you guys posted!

When i get the new one in.. No vtech untill 1kmiles...
Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #16
Danthecarnub

One more question... My clutch engagement.. how exactly should i have my pedals adjusted.. (In detail please). Cause right now it engages wayyyy high..

Most of the thread should be towards the floor?.. When should my clutch engage? ... halfway?

Last edited by Danthecarnub; 09-26-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #17
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthecarnub View Post
One more question... My clutch engagement.. how exactly should i have my pedals adjusted.. (In detail please). Cause right now it engages wayyyy high..

Most of the thread should be towards the floor?.. When should my clutch engage? ... halfway?
The higher the pedal, the better. Find the procedure in Helms.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #18
dohandrew

dohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hey i was just wondering if u have a "glazed" clutch (sorry if am using the wrong term dont really know wat that means) and engagement point is very high is there any dmg done to anything else in the long run? i was just wondering cuz my cars clutch is burnt and i dont wont be having money for awhile to fix thanks
dohandrew is offline   Reply With Quote