which size exhaust? 06 rsx type-s - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
lazar559

lazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
which size exhaust? 06 rsx type-s

I just bought a 2006 RSX type-s, looking to buy just the muffler and i am wanting to get the Skunk2 Universal Muffler, which size do i get 3.0"/75mm or 2.25"/60mm ? thanks and sorry for the noob question.
lazar559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
TheTempest
Olivia Munn :love:

TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxTheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
so you want to have a fart can welded on?
awesome
Old 10-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
luvmyrsx
Mostly stock, Mostly

luvmyrsx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
2.25 would be consistent with your existing catback size. It will also not be as loud as the 3 inch.

Crsx Injen Cai, Kpro, IMG, custom stainless catback, JRRH, high flow cat, JRSC, 3.0 inch pulley, Jmercado's bracket, Jmercado's aftercooler, other stuff
luvmyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
lazar559

lazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxlazar559 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
will there be any gains in terms of power by just getting the skunk2 muffler put on?
lazar559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
daking0fqueens
Yooooooooooo

daking0fqueens has been a little shit in the past
WTF are you trying to accomplish? You need a full aftermarket catback exhaust if you really want gains. Get the Skunk2 mega power R. Lol

Next mods: Dynamat
daking0fqueens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
asbo

asbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxasbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxasbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxasbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxasbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxasbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxasbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxasbo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
no, there would be no gains. you're constricting your exhaust flow more than half of the way. read up on exhausts before trying to mod them ....
asbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
mallen600
Pancakes

mallen600 has a clean startmallen600 has a clean startmallen600 has a clean startmallen600 has a clean start
Also, you won't gain that much power even with a full cat-back. For the sake of all of us RSX drivers I hope they don't make that muffler in your size.
TN CREW #6
ABP Crew Member #79
Zombie Eradication Team #68
BB Crew
mallen600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
RSXtypeSkid04
Roob =)

RSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
a muffler will not change a thing besides the sound really...which will sound like fawt.....aftermarket cat-backs still do not really give the gains you want simply because of the restrictions of the cat....RH (race headers) is what you should be heading for..opens up the flow of exhaust = more power

all in all search the forums you can find out alot about what parts you need and how the perform.
BC ProSpec Hondata IMG CC Stage 2 8lb Flywheel Hondata Reflash #4 DFTSR Death From the Side Racing .
Trolls belong in holes
RSXtypeSkid04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
NukeeZoid
JayDeeEmm Represent!

NukeeZoid is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazar559 View Post
I just bought a 2006 RSX type-s, looking to buy just the muffler and i am wanting to get the Skunk2 Universal Muffler, which size do i get 3.0"/75mm or 2.25"/60mm ? thanks and sorry for the noob question.
if you're just welding on the muffler to your stock piping, its not going to make a difference power wise.

also... 60mm is 2.36" not 2.25"...

Team EPICFAIL
NukeeZoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
Danish
Banned

Danish is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
70mm+ or go home
Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
Cochino

Cochino is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
save your money. you will regret just getting a muffler later on

Fast and cheap won't be reliable. Cheap and reliable won't be fast. Fast and reliable won't be cheap.
Cochino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #12
vi-racer

vi-racer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I think the stock piping for the 05/06 is 2.1" so goin to 2.3" would be a waste. Best bet is 70mm
vi-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:17 AM   #13
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
get the apexi WS2
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #14
RSXtypeSkid04
Roob =)

RSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxRSXtypeSkid04 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I disagree....70mm isn't really necessary just anything that opens up more than you stock 2.25....60mm plus is fine....some 70 mm and even 65s can attract the wrong attention such as the buddy club exhaust and the skunk2
BC ProSpec Hondata IMG CC Stage 2 8lb Flywheel Hondata Reflash #4 DFTSR Death From the Side Racing .
Trolls belong in holes
RSXtypeSkid04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:39 AM   #15
daking0fqueens
Yooooooooooo

daking0fqueens has been a little shit in the past
Skunk2 sounds sick!!!!! Not ricey at all. I set off car alarms everywhere I go. LOl

Next mods: Dynamat
daking0fqueens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #16
Sonnick
Call me maybe

Sonnick is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenrsx2002 View Post
save your money. you will regret just getting a muffler later on
This. Wait and get a full catback, you will be much happier.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
Danish
Banned

Danish is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXtypeSkid04 View Post
I disagree....70mm isn't really necessary just anything that opens up more than you stock 2.25....60mm plus is fine....some 70 mm and even 65s can attract the wrong attention such as the buddy club exhaust and the skunk2
2.36 will yield minimal gains on an 05+ considering the stock exhaust is 2.1....waste of $$$$
Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #18
Wek Sos
Super Master Member

Wek Sos gets around and is known
Wek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is knownWek Sos gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazar559 View Post
WTF is wrong with u people, im new and have no idea, thats why im asking questions. Instead of talkin shit, why dont you give me good info and direct me the right way. For the ones actually answering my questions and giving good info, Thank you.
try searching... everyones gotta learn somewhere, and there a ton of info out there on this subject
Wek Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #19
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
but truthfully gains on just a muffler will be noise not HP... Buy a good race header and eliminate the catalytic converter.. that will be the biggest gain. The 06 exhaust is a good exhaust and bigger than the 02-04 rsx. But a full catback and race header is a huge gain on the rsx. I have the Gredy Evo II and love it.

Your best bet is to search youtube for rsx exhaust sounds to find the one you like best.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #20
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-'S'paz View Post
but truthfully gains on just a muffler will be noise not HP... Buy a good race header and eliminate the catalytic converter.. that will be the biggest gain. The 06 exhaust is a good exhaust and bigger than the 02-04 rsx. But a full catback and race header is a huge gain on the rsx. I have the Gredy Evo II and love it.

Your best bet is to search youtube for rsx exhaust sounds to find the one you like best.
This is good advice, TS.

For everyone else whose threads I just dumped, check your PM's. If you don't have anything contructive to answer the question with, then do not post at all. This forum exists to answer questions exactly like this.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #21
New 2 the game

New 2 the game is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNew 2 the game is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNew 2 the game is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNew 2 the game is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNew 2 the game is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNew 2 the game is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNew 2 the game is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxNew 2 the game is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
so no gains from a 2.25 aftermarket catback? also anyone know what the stock 06 headers diameters are?
New 2 the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #22
dKC Bullet
FORM>FUNCTION

dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wait, so have an intake+dcrh but im running on stock catback. did i gain any hp at all? and if i get a custom piping for my catback and still use the stock exhaust will my car gain hp or not?
dKC Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #23
autoenthusiast24
Banned

autoenthusiast24 has a clean startautoenthusiast24 has a clean startautoenthusiast24 has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by New 2 the game View Post
so no gains from a 2.25 aftermarket catback? also anyone know what the stock 06 headers diameters are?
I wouldn't jump on the bandwagon and say no gains for 2.25 but if you have an 06 the gains may not be noticable. Exhaust opens up alot more power than many people think, when I pull off just the axleback of my Evo 2 there are very noticable gains and I pull 1-2 cars more against my buddys RSX. Unlikely I know but it happened. That's why I'll be making a 2.5 maybe 3" exhaust pretty soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKC Bullet View Post
wait, so have an intake+dcrh but im running on stock catback. did i gain any hp at all? and if i get a custom piping for my catback and still use the stock exhaust will my car gain hp or not?
Of course couldn't you feel it? Don't waste your money on custom piping if you're not going to shell out for mufflers
autoenthusiast24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #24
dKC Bullet
FORM>FUNCTION

dKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdKC Bullet is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
well my car does pull like crazy but i didnt think it would since im running stock catback. lol. i should get a catback system to get more power with my i/rh.
dKC Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #25
SC2016

SC2016 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSC2016 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSC2016 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSC2016 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSC2016 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSC2016 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSC2016 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSC2016 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
what is the diameter of the stock exhaust pipe on a 2005 acura rsx type-s. I want to replace it with a cat-back or a electric valve release but idk what the diameter is so I don't have to modify it.
SC2016 is offline   Reply With Quote