Best lsd - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Transmission & Drive Train
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
dambikeracer

Best lsd

Looking to upgrade to an LSD in my 06 RSX S, what do you recommend? At this point, I'm kind of leaning towards a Quaife unless I can be talked into something else. Currently stock looking to do a 500WHP turbo set up at some point.
dambikeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

i have the quaife. i like it.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
Djuhnk
V engines are for Vginas

an lsd is an lsd, im sure quaife is a good one though. its your choice
Djuhnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
Gre3nary
Fast member

wavetrac....only cusz crsx store takes years to get them back in stock...
Gre3nary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
why are you so mad about that? we have no control over that, we are waiting on the Quaife shipment to come in
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
Gre3nary
Fast member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itskien View Post
i have the quaife. i like it.
where u get urs from..??
Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #7
Gre3nary
Fast member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
why are you so mad about that? we have no control over that, we are waiting on the Quaife shipment to come in
do u guys have a scheduled date that they will be in???
Old 12-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their ownFade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
supposed to be the 10th

you be smart to place your order this weekend and save 5% with the coupon code we have listed on the main page in the store
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Gre3nary
Fast member

Quote:
supposed to be the 10th

you be smart to place your order this weekend and save 5% with the coupon code we have listed on the main page in the store
u didnt have to tell me that.... i already did soon as i seen that code..lol....
Old 12-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
dambikeracer

What about Mfactory? Theirs is rated for 1000WHP and it's only $650!!!
dambikeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
MFactory
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dambikeracer View Post
What about Mfactory? Theirs is rated for 1000WHP and it's only $650!!!
It's also stronger, lighter AND better machined (proven time and time again). Just doesn't have the big "name" behind it that the other brand does, so most brand whores tend to go for the more expensive option instead
MFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #12
Strongisland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
It's also stronger, lighter AND better machined (proven time and time again). Just doesn't have the big "name" behind it that the other brand does, so most brand whores tend to go for the more expensive option instead
^again for these guys, banging gears at the track and on the street and handles it like a champ! mfactory ftw
Old 12-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #13
jokerk20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongisland View Post
^again for these guys, banging gears at the track and on the street and handles it like a champ! mfactory ftw
I 2nd that
Old 12-04-2010, 11:55 PM   #14
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
I have a Quaife and I love it. One of my favorite mods

Spaz Approved Decals and Shirts available!
Type-Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
thebluedc5
G - Monay

i have a mfactory lsd and i have no regrets on the purchase!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #16
schwannman s
O-O-O-Oversteer

the quaife was one of the best mods i've done to the car.

Say NO to stretched tires.
schwannman s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #17
EddieIt
Master Member

if ur going to be tracking alot, buy my clutch type 1.5 way lsd
EddieIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #18
SHOGUNN
Master Member

Quote:
supposed to be the 10th

called today, was told 5 Jan now....rolling time frame FTL.....
Old 12-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #19
costansx
Master Member

i got a obx ,i had my tranny appart for second gear change and the ony one that i can find at that time was the the obx and never regret installing it,works great and its cheap!
http://forums.clubrsx.com/album.php?albumid=1295
costansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:21 AM   #20
TypeRawr
Moogle

how much is a type-R or a civic si used ? both used of course. those any good?
TypeRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #21
2010 admin

I would've bought the metal plate-type LSD from MFactory when I was int he market but it was on back-order and I just wanted to get the car back on the road. Anyone using that unit?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #22
g t
I have no strong feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by costansx View Post
i got a obx ,i had my tranny appart for second gear change and the ony one that i can find at that time was the the obx and never regret installing it,works great and its cheap!
This is a GD crap shoot and by no means am I criticizing as I know a lot of people have successfully run these things. As a result I took a shot and bought one as well, cleaned up the shitty castings, replaced the washers, put grade 8 bolts, etc etc.

I am in the 400 whp region with 265's up front - when going up a hill in second on the verge of breaking the tires loose (about 70% throttle) and then bang...there went the diff.

Lousy thing is I haven't cheaped on ANYTHING on my car other than that stupid diff...

hopefully your luck with the OBX is better than mine.

To anyone else I personally wouldn't recommend it.

***Edit - it worked great on my greddy setup (310 whp) but as soon as I went bigger with the wider tires it took a shit...almost instantaneously)

Last edited by g t; 12-15-2010 at 10:26 AM.
g t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #23
duffman13
9k FTW

Literally just got back from the shop with a new M-factory helical installed and love it. No wheelspin out of tight turns is amazing!
duffman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #24
SHOGUNN
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman13 View Post
Literally just got back from the shop with a new M-factory helical installed and love it. No wheelspin out of tight turns is amazing!
I think Im gonna roll with the M-Factory Helical....
Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #25
Brooklyn_RSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
proof that yours is so much better? i've installed wavetrac, quaife and your lsd into transmissions before...it honestly looks like a glorified OBX unit compared to wavetrac or quaife.