P0325 Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Problems & Solutions
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
DocStrange7

DocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
P0325 Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction

Took my RSX to pep boys. Checked the codes. this is what is causing my check engine light to go on. I'm still driving the car. Don't feel any problems. PepB's Tech told me that the only thing with this, is that it will not pass smog check> this true? Will I cause harm for my car if I keep driving?
DocStrange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
rsxmike22

rsxmike22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxmike22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxmike22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxmike22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxmike22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxmike22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxmike22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrsxmike22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Change the knock sensor, runs in limp mode and car might have other damage.
rsxmike22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
LastTypeS
Master Member

LastTypeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The knock sensor connector could be loose or completely unplugged. Happend to me after I took my tranny out I forgot to connect it. Get under the car and reach your hand up: it's under the intake manifold and it's bright green. I would check this first before you start spending $$

www.facebook.com/FastestOfFlorida
Getting set up for part 2!
LastTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
DocStrange7

DocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDocStrange7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah i'll check that out. My clutch was recently replaced, maybe the sensor might of gotten unplugged. Thanks for the heads up
Old 12-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
LastTypeS
Master Member

LastTypeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Lol dang... exact same scenario.. I hope it's the same problem I had good luck :

www.facebook.com/FastestOfFlorida
Getting set up for part 2!
LastTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #6
DocStrange7

Damn! Still haven't fixed my knock sensor. Too lazy and broke. But i'm thinking to replace it soon. Didn't know much bout it but I found some info .

The heart of your vehicle's engine management system – that's what your car's knock sensors are. Knock sensors enable your vehicle to achieve the maximum combination of fuel/air mixture and timing to increase power and efficiency generated.

Knock sensors also protect car parts from the damaging effects of engine knock. When a knock sensor is bad, it can't regulate the engine properly. The car vibrates and it sounds like there is something banging up against the car's cylinder. The knocking action can destroy the pistons, rods, valves, gaskets and plugs.

Read more: What Is a Knock Sensor? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5503579_kn...#ixzz19qfrrhqn

Last edited by DocStrange7; 01-01-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Better info
Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 AM   #7
DocStrange7

Cookies!

Last edited by DocStrange7; 01-01-2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: none
Old 12-30-2010, 03:27 AM   #8
DocStrange7

It's located underneath the intake manifold behind a black bracket. It's easiest to remove the the whole manifold but if it's not an option just remove the black brackets and use a open wrench to remove it. It shouldnt be too hard to twist and take it off--

thanks avinad for the info.

Last edited by DocStrange7; 01-01-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Helpful info
Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
svaillan
GT30R > Traction

svaillan is a rep WHORE
svaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHORE
I'm having this same problem, I have replaced the sensor and the car runs fine up to vetch then I get a knock sensor malfunction. I do not have the car tuned yet fir the new engine so I'm thinking its advance and the change in displacement and compression but I don't really want to go get a tune if something else might be wrong...anyone have any experience with this???
Workout Crew, Wind surfing crew #1 Boost Slut krew#12...My Name is Steve

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm so stock my valves tickFull-Race stage 2gt RSX 449WHP 313TQ @ 14 psi on 91
semper fidelis tyranosaurus Rex
svaillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaillan View Post
I'm having this same problem, I have replaced the sensor and the car runs fine up to vetch then I get a knock sensor malfunction. I do not have the car tuned yet fir the new engine so I'm thinking its advance and the change in displacement and compression but I don't really want to go get a tune if something else might be wrong...anyone have any experience with this???
Actual malfunction code or just the flashing MIL light?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
svaillan
GT30R > Traction

svaillan is a rep WHORE
svaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHOREsvaillan is a rep WHORE
It's not a fleshing cel like you get with a knock, it's a cel that stays on then the code comes up and the car goes into limp mode. If I clear the code and repeat the same thing happens.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
2010 admin

Wow, how weird.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
svaillan
GT30R > Traction

svaillan is a rep WHORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 admin View Post
Wow, how weird.
I know, I blew the last engine and rebuilt it with a CRSX turbo short block and other upgrades; so I figured that the rod blowing out the side of the old engine might have fouled the old sensor...and now with the change in A/F ignition and compression might have the fuel tables so screwed up that as soon as the car switches to high speed cams the new sensor might be sending the car right into limp mode.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
2010 admin

Well, you could always disable the knock sensor. That's how mine is. You need to get the car tuned on a actual dyno in order to do that, though.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #15
BattleshipDC5

BattleshipDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBattleshipDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBattleshipDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBattleshipDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBattleshipDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBattleshipDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBattleshipDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBattleshipDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Those things are fragile.. If your clutch recently got replace chances are it broke off or maybe a brittal wire is getting a bad connection/broke
BattleshipDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
betsonm08

betsonm08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbetsonm08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbetsonm08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbetsonm08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbetsonm08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbetsonm08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbetsonm08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxbetsonm08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'm having issues with my knock sensor as well. I replaced it a couple of days ago and the cel went away for a little while and came right back on. It's a brand new knock sensor and I'm almost certain it's not the knock sensor, my car is also idling at 1400 rpm instead of 800. I have kpro, CAI, plm race header and tanabe catback. Do I need to reset the code from the ECU or anything? I took the negative off the battery for about 15 mins and I thought that would reset everything but I guess not. Is there anything else I could do other than trying a different knock sensor?
betsonm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #17
daje00

daje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdaje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdaje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdaje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdaje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdaje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdaje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdaje00 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Did u ever get it fixed, I'm having the same problem
Hi Flow cat and Resonator
Stock Piping with Vibrant Muffler
daje00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:46 AM   #18
DocStrange7

....yeah man....

Never did take pictures or anything....but yeah.... I ended up just taking off the intake manifold and everything thats attached to it. I heard, its a lot easier if you go under the car and disconnect the sensor from there . You just need to raise the car high enough to get a good clearance. I think it took me a couple of hrs, but at the time I was clueless about fixing car stuff. Buy the knock sensor on kseriesparts.com for about 70$ no tax and shippin is fast/free. With basic car tools im sure you can get that done easily...just be patient...and if you have a helping hand it should be easier especially to hold the manifold when removing and puttin it back to place oh yeah and the stupid gasket. Yeah....