Speakers on right side of car not working - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
Yhippa

Yhippa is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Speakers on right side of car not working

I did a search and couldn't find anything so here goes. I noticed my audio sounded funny the other day so I did some basic tests (isolating front, back, left, and right speakers) and found that all of the speakers on the right side of the car don't work. That includes the tweeter and front door and backseat speakers.

Anybody have any ideas what this could be? Blown fuse? I haven't done anything to the stock system.
Yhippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Dickbowlmidz
Boost...

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out moreDickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
type s or base?

could be bad amp or radio if type s

bad radio if its a base.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
Nayman

Nayman has disabled reputation
I had the same problem, and it turned out to be a bad head unit. It went away when i got a new one.
Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
Locotony
The Audio Guru

Locotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean start
As noted already it is either Amp or HU in a type S or radio in a base. fuses have nothing to do with a channel of audio being on or off
Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
2 Acoustic Elegance IB12AU Subs
Locotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
xkadajx

xkadajx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Sorry to thread-jack but I didn't want to create a new thread for a similar problem. I've had my setup for 2 years now, but recently both my front speakers (alpine components) keep going on and off when I hit bumps or make sharp turns.... Before I rip off the car panels to check wirings, what else could it be?

I have a 1000w 4 channel amp thats connected to the 2 front components and a sub. the rear speakers are connected via factory wiring and wired into the HU. (Rear speakers are working fine). Problem with amp or wiring on component getting loose?
xkadajx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #6
Locotony
The Audio Guru

Locotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean startLocotony has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkadajx View Post
Sorry to thread-jack but I didn't want to create a new thread for a similar problem. I've had my setup for 2 years now, but recently both my front speakers (alpine components) keep going on and off when I hit bumps or make sharp turns.... Before I rip off the car panels to check wirings, what else could it be?

I have a 1000w 4 channel amp thats connected to the 2 front components and a sub. the rear speakers are connected via factory wiring and wired into the HU. (Rear speakers are working fine). Problem with amp or wiring on component getting loose?
Does the sub turn off as well or just the front comps. If the sub goes off as well power wiring to the amp needs to be checked as it could be loose otherwise I would check for loose RCA's
Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
2 Acoustic Elegance IB12AU Subs
Locotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
xkadajx

xkadajx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locotony View Post
Does the sub turn off as well or just the front comps. If the sub goes off as well power wiring to the amp needs to be checked as it could be loose otherwise I would check for loose RCA's
I havent noticed the sub turning on and off, the RCAs are fine on the amp, but I haven't checked behind the HU. I'll do that and see if it helps. Do you think the wires on the components could loosen over time?
xkadajx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Yhippa

Yhippa is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Sigh. I must post what happened because what I did was so tarded.

I have a tape deck adapter for my XM radio. I was listening to music on my phone so I moved the jack from the XM unit to the phone and then back again when I was done. Apparently when I put the jack into the radio I put it in only halfway hence receiving only one of the channels of audio.

So this is how I'm punishing myself for being stupid. By posting it for the world to see!
Yhippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
mallen600
Orguss loves 8=D

mallen600 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkadajx View Post

You may have a speaker grounding out on the metal of the door.
TN CREW #6
ABP Crew Member #79
Zombie Eradication Team #68
BB Crew
mallen600 is offline   Reply With Quote