How to remove Hard Water Spots on car Window GLASS? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE > Car Care
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Kid_Kaos

Kid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How to remove Hard Water Spots on car Window GLASS?

I searched the thread on car care, and the detailing manual and all i found was how to best PREVENT water spots which doesn't help me at all because they are already there and very nasty (1st car owner was an idiot letting this happen)
i tried the 50-50 water/Vinegar solution and it didn't work so I upped the ante and did 100% Vinegar solution and to my surprise SAME result didn't work for me

also the colgate paste doesn't work too much removes them somewhat but are still there

anyone know what would be effective?
my windows are really riddled with water spot marks and i would like them off
any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Kid_Kaos; 02-15-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Kid_Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Highrev1
The GREG

Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member
Semmed to work for me...Try this science scrub, its cheap too.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...hlight=science
Highrev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
rainDC5
qwerty

rainDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
claybar
rainDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Kid_Kaos

Kid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxKid_Kaos is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Any retail stores that carry Glass Sicence Scrubb? or is it online only?

the clay bar really works? cuz i have Mcguires Clay bar and didnt think to use it
thanks let me go try in a bit
Old 02-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
Highrev1
The GREG

Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Kaos View Post
Any retail stores that carry Glass Sicence Scrubb? or is it online only?

the clay bar really works? cuz i have Mcguires Clay bar and didnt think to use it
thanks let me go try in a bit
Advanced Auto carries it I think.
Highrev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
Kid_Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainDC5 View Post
claybar
Used McGuires clay bar and detailer and didn't work
any other advice?

@ HighRev1 i guess imma have to try this science scrubb.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
hawley088
Member Master

hawley088 is going down hard
steel wool works sometimes, just soak the window in some windex and go to town, ive had success with it in the past, depends on how bad it is
hawley088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
mikegedge

mikegedge is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Razor blade and scrap it away.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
Kid_Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegedge View Post
Razor blade and scrap it away.
haven't tried steel wool seems to me like it will leave hella cob webb scratches and swirls on my glass

so im wondering if the razor blade will do the same??
Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
Kid_Kaos

I tried the steel wool this weekend and it isn't 100% effective but i'd say its pretty damn close to 90% effective worked pretty good to me, still some water spots but its a BIG difference off with steel wool and windex/vinegar mixx.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
smackrel
Im Bad. Im Nationwide.

smackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsmackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsmackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsmackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsmackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsmackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsmackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsmackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I washed my car at a friends house and they had hard water and I ended up with water spots on my glass as well. I was really surprised that windex and a microfiber towel didnt remove them. I went to the local car wash, one of the places that have the high pressure wand and used the spot free rinse. The low pressure one and I think that soft de ionized water is what took care of them for me. I just hosed the car down, didnt even scrub.

HTH
DC5|AF5
smackrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
WhiteboyWhiteRSX
Banned

WhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
very lightly scrape it with a box cutter, when I say lightly I mean light like a feather and run over the same line 3-4 times and keep the blade straight, you'll scratch the glass if you slide it left to right. Then use clear coat safe rubbing compound you shouldn't put more than a few pounds of pressure on it. should look brand new.
WhiteboyWhiteRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
fresh02

fresh02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfresh02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfresh02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfresh02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfresh02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfresh02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfresh02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfresh02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
claybar man takes a little while
fresh02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #14
cencalep3
Eg>Ek>Ep : )

cencalep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcencalep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcencalep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcencalep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcencalep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcencalep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcencalep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxcencalep3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
A product called AMAZ works well. It can be found at a hardware store. Have yet to see it at a big box store though.
cencalep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
koncept88
DC5

koncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkoncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkoncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkoncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkoncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkoncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkoncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxkoncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
like what others say, use a razor blade and dont be afraid of going to town on it, the only way to scratch a window is with a diamond
koncept88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
DC5*Trav
Master Member

DC5*Trav is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
steel wool and wax

HEADLIGHT RESTORATION
INTERIOR, EXTERIOR, AND MOTOR DETAILS!!
PM FOR MORE DETAIL
DC5*Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #17
nbp06-s-hook

nbp06-s-hook is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnbp06-s-hook is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnbp06-s-hook is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnbp06-s-hook is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnbp06-s-hook is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnbp06-s-hook is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnbp06-s-hook is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnbp06-s-hook is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I've used rubbing alcohol on my mirrors before and it seemed to work pretty good. Just rinse it with a wet towel and dry it right after.
nbp06-s-hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #18
Kid_Kaos

I never got this fully taken care of a year ago, the steel wool and windex was enough for me but i will try the blade method said above and report back.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #19
matrix22
CHEAP TRACKDAYS WANTED

matrix22 has been a little shit in the past
C.L.R. ? Kaboom bathroom cleaner. Scrubbing Bubbles. if it can take off soap scum and hardwater spots??? Jet Dry, Cascade?
matrix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:26 AM   #20
DarkCreep
Class of 1986

DarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDarkCreep is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My GF has massive water spots on the windshield of her '10 Civic. After reading this thread, she is fucked.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #21
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #22
WhiteboyWhiteRSX
Banned

WhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxWhiteboyWhiteRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncept88 View Post
like what others say, use a razor blade and dont be afraid of going to town on it, the only way to scratch a window is with a diamond
A while back when I had my truck I scratched my glass using a razor blade. Thats why I said to be very careful because people think you can't scratch glass but think about it this way... A dog pawing at a glass door eventually makes scratch marks in the glass. Just all glass is the same only difference between a glass door and a windshield is the safety vinyl in the windshield. once you scratch glass your fucked and usually it's nearly impossible to repair with resin since the scratch is so small
WhiteboyWhiteRSX is offline   Reply With Quote