Nitrous opinion - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Nitrous Oxide
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
dc5k24

dc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nitrous opinion

So I wanted to get another opinion on running nitrous..Ive been told because of my compression its not a good idea that theres a high possibility its going to crack the sleeve

my set up is

k20/k24
12:5 87.5mm wesico pistons
blue print h beam rods
supertech flat valves, springs and retainers
drag cartel cams 004
skunk2 ultra intake manifold
90mm skunk 2 tb
private label race header
3in kteller straight pipe
custom cold air intake
1000cc fuel lab injectors
kpro
tuned on e85

really wanted to run 100 wet shot but let me know what yall think
dc5k24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2015, 03:51 AM   #2
GrumpyGrinch45
Silver Bullet

GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known
GrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is knownGrumpyGrinch45 gets around and is known
who said it would crack the sleeve?

as far as im aware, nitrous loves high compression. k series have strong sleeves. you wont crack shit.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
Sparknutracer

Sparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
GOOD LUCK!!! do it! seriously! many people are against it... I was told when i put it on my D16 that i was dumb and was gonna blow the motor. i had H/I/E intake mani and a few other bolt-ons and had ZERO issues i ran a zex dry 55 shot... just when you run a setup use two step colder plugs and premium fuel. in your case someone else might be able to verify this but a 100 shot you might want to tweet the timing +/- 1-2 degree with pro you should be able to get it running just right and it might also help to get a A/F gauge so you can see whats going on. on and depending where your from get a permit! some of my friends were very surprised when i applied for a nitrous permit so i would be less likely to get in trouble f i was pulled over it was a CYA thing. good luck!
Sparknutracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
Sparknutracer

Sparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSparknutracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparknutracer View Post
GOOD LUCK!!! do it! seriously! many people are against it... I was told when i put it on my D16 that i was dumb and was gonna blow the motor. i had H/I/E intake mani and a few other bolt-ons and had ZERO issues i ran a zex dry 55 shot... just when you run a setup use two step colder plugs and premium fuel. in your case someone else might be able to verify this but a 100 shot you might want to tweet the timing +/- 1-2 degree with pro you should be able to get it running just right and it might also help to get a A/F gauge so you can see whats going on. on and depending where your from get a permit! some of my friends were very surprised when i applied for a nitrous permit so i would be less likely to get in trouble f i was pulled over it was a CYA thing. good luck!
annnnddddd forgot to mention you asked if 100 shot is good, i forgot the exact number but i believe the rule of thumb is about 50% of the vehicles HP so say a stock motor is 160 then a 80 shot "should" be ok but you are built up a little so 100 should be good just watch your numbers like i said an A/F gauge is a good tool!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #5
josedc2

josedc2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjosedc2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjosedc2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjosedc2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjosedc2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjosedc2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjosedc2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxjosedc2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i have a completely stock k20R swap on a 125 shot. Been running it for 2 yrs, no issues.
josedc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
dc5k24

dc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxdc5k24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thanks
dc5k24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:22 PM   #7
Sparknutracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by josedc2 View Post
i have a completely stock k20R swap on a 125 shot. Been running it for 2 yrs, no issues.
It can be done just can't cut corners.. The steps are easy to get started! Josedc how does it feel? Noticeable? Any time slips or numbers? What's the setup?
Old 01-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #8
kungkungbing
hella slow

kungkungbing might be well recognized one day on c-rsxkungkungbing might be well recognized one day on c-rsxkungkungbing might be well recognized one day on c-rsxkungkungbing might be well recognized one day on c-rsxkungkungbing might be well recognized one day on c-rsxkungkungbing might be well recognized one day on c-rsxkungkungbing might be well recognized one day on c-rsxkungkungbing might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparknutracer View Post
It can be done just can't cut corners.. The steps are easy to get started! Josedc how does it feel? Noticeable? Any time slips or numbers? What's the setup?
For a 125 shot this is indeed a noticeable difference. That's like 80whp difference. A giant leap
kungkungbing is offline   Reply With Quote