How do people live with themselves after spending so much money on their cars??? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > General RSX Discussion
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Morketh

Morketh has been a little shit in the past
How do people live with themselves after spending so much money on their cars???

So I just got a $2,000 bonus and I was going to buy some stuff for my car but there are just so many other things that are a better investment of my money that I'd rather do like.. buy the rest of the blinds for my house, buy curtains, buy all kinds of other stuff for my house like tile and what not...

I would love to drop $5,000 and get a turbo and all that good stuff installed but its just so hard to let go of $5,000 for that and you know the more money you put into a car the more problems you start having!

I see these people like completely gutting their RSX's and redoing EVERYTHING from top to bottom and I just don't understand it.. are they in debt up to their eyeballs?
My car is completely paid off and I have 0 debt except for my mortgages and I still cannot pull myself to do it even though it would be so awesome to pull up to a couple vettes and blow them away in a 4 cylinder lol

How do you do it? Close your eyes and hand over your credit card?
Morketh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
sxy2003
Bundy :cry:

sxy2003 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
idk
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
i have small hands, I'm sure it would look huge in mine
sxy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
mazharracer
Mazharracer

mazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxmazharracer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
iPhone Posted from an iPhone

That's what I feel like sometime but than I see a better or faster car than me on the street and I be like fuck that I m buying that shit
mazharracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
Beau
I <3 Potholes

Beau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
A) Different people; different priorities. It's inevitable, deal with it.

B) $5,000 turbo setup is pocket change
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
SHOGUN DC5
Om Nom Nom

SHOGUN DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It's the thing women do when they buy $3000 purses and $200 shoes to wear with one outfit
Also, SOME of the people that have that much invested in their cars have had help from their parents.

i hear you though, since i got my own place i am thinking of spending money differently too. i would buy a new TV or washer/ dryer rather than a turbo. the stuff around the house are necessary but the car stuff is not. once you get a girl back to your place and they have to sit on a milk crate, you aint gettin any action no matter how nice your rims are. i wish i had the money to 'mod' my appartment and my car, but it doesn't always work out that way. just be happy with what you have and don't worry about "keeping up with the Jones'".
SHOGUN DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
blueberrydc5
Master Member

blueberrydc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i understand what youre saying but some people think that the rsx is worth spending that much money on,i dont.i love the rsx alot but im on the same page with you.my rsx is paid off too and i wont spend any money on it because i always overthink it and dont spend it because i just think that i will just buy a faster car for the money spent on mods.i dont care what other people do with their money tho but ive noticed that some people that do it either didnt pay for the car or they are paying for all the mods with credit cards..ive been guilty of spending all my paychecks in the past when i was younger with my gsr and si tho.i think the better money management comes with age and maturity.i spent more money when i was making min wage in high school then what i do now after i finished school and got a real job.I will admit that its funny to see a 7k car with like 15k in mods ,it may impress alot of people but i just see the money spent and depreciating,but on the other hand i understand the passion for modding a car that you love
Old 03-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
blueberrydc5
Master Member

blueberrydc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOGUN DC5 View Post
It's the thing women do when they buy $3000 purses and $200 shoes to wear with one outfit
Also, SOME of the people that have that much invested in their cars have had help from their parents.

i hear you though, since i got my own place i am thinking of spending money differently too. i would buy a new TV or washer/ dryer rather than a turbo. the stuff around the house are necessary but the car stuff is not. once you get a girl back to your place and they have to sit on a milk crate, you aint gettin any action no matter how nice your rims are. i wish i had the money to 'mod' my appartment and my car, but it doesn't always work out that way. just be happy with what you have and don't worry about "keeping up with the Jones'".
Old 03-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
Morketh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrydc5 View Post
i understand what youre saying but some people think that the rsx is worth spending that much money on,i dont.i love the rsx alot but im on the same page with you.my rsx is paid off too and i wont spend any money on it because i always overthink it and dont spend it because i just think that i will just buy a faster car for the money spent on mods.i dont care what other people do with their money tho but ive noticed that some people that do it either didnt pay for the car or they are paying for all the mods with credit cards..ive been guilty of spending all my paychecks in the past when i was younger with my gsr and si tho.i think the better money management comes with age and maturity.i spent more money when i was making min wage in high school then what i do now after i finished school and got a real job.I will admit that its funny to see a 7k car with like 15k in mods ,it may impress alot of people but i just see the money spent and depreciating,but on the other hand i understand the passion for modding a car that you love
lol same here, I over analyze whatever I want to buy and end up never buying it haha
like right now I want the yellow fog lights with hid's and the red honda emblems but I can't bring myself to buy that stuff hehe
Instead I am off to Lowe's to buy crap for my house

Another big thing is unless I put a turbo on an RSX or something dramatic, someone who spent 15k on a stock vette is still gonna blow me out of the water.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
ekim1
Collegiate

ekim1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
If I can't get a massive discount on the parts I buy then I just won't buy it.
ekim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
DC5 Integra S

DC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I don't plan to spend over 6k on my car. I'm about half way on my budget.
2005 Acura RSX Type S MM Totaled
1994 Honda Prelude S PBP Sold
DC5 Integra S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
okocim
Po Polsku

okocim is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I know what you mean, but its all about the given individuals lifestyle and goals. I for one rarely buy any parts new, I just lurk long enough until I can find a deal. Anyone that has any sense knows they're not going to see the money back that they put into their cars, but theres worse things to blow money on, the way I justify my car spending is I just think about the people I know that have probably spent well over 10,000 on weed and cigarettes since they were 15, then dropping a couple hundred on the car here and there doesn't seem that bad.
okocim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #12
josolanes
kprotuners.com

josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
because it's our hobby. Many hobbies are expensive: computers, golf, cars, boats, etc

it's something that people find enjoyable and feel the joy it brings outweighs the money spent on it
josolanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #13
Morketh

Quote:
Originally Posted by josolanes View Post
because it's our hobby. Many hobbies are expensive: computers, golf, cars, boats, etc

it's something that people find enjoyable and feel the joy it brings outweighs the money spent on it
I wish I felt the same way
I'd love to have an RSX that looks like the one at the top of the forum
Old 03-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
Agribb34

Agribb34 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAgribb34 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAgribb34 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAgribb34 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAgribb34 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAgribb34 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAgribb34 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxAgribb34 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Some people would rather have car parts more than curtains or blinds. Its just life bud.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #15
DC5 Integra S

DC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDC5 Integra S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morketh View Post
So I just got a $2,000 bonus and I was going to buy some stuff for my car but there are just so many other things that are a better investment of my money that I'd rather do like.. buy the rest of the blinds for my house, buy curtains, buy all kinds of other stuff for my house like tile and what not...

I would love to drop $5,000 and get a turbo and all that good stuff installed but its just so hard to let go of $5,000 for that and you know the more money you put into a car the more problems you start having!

I see these people like completely gutting their RSX's and redoing EVERYTHING from top to bottom and I just don't understand it.. are they in debt up to their eyeballs?
My car is completely paid off and I have 0 debt except for my mortgages and I still cannot pull myself to do it even though it would be so awesome to pull up to a couple vettes and blow them away in a 4 cylinder lol

How do you do it? Close your eyes and hand over your credit card?
F4%k credit cards. Save the cash up for the mods and when you have enough $$ for it that's when I decide if I want it still.
2005 Acura RSX Type S MM Totaled
1994 Honda Prelude S PBP Sold
DC5 Integra S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
hawley088
Member Master

hawley088 is going down hard
you could buy a $5000 streetbike and blow everything out of the water, depending on the bike of course
hawley088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
Hemmy_26
I f**ked Spaz's sister

Hemmy_26 is on a distinguished road
priorities come first, house, bills, food, etc

like he said, my car is a hobby. Its a project that takes years to complete, thats the fun part of it, watching it come together into something unique that u created.
Injen, Strut King, Hondata, Enkei, Skunk2, Kiddracing
Hemmy_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #18
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
some things are more important than others.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #19
DC5KIM
Naturally Aspirated

DC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess withDC5KIM is a name not to mess with
lol..

$10,000 and still racking up.
DC5KIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #20
Beau
I <3 Potholes

Beau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBeau is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088 View Post
you could buy a $5000 streetbike and blow everything out of the water, depending on the bike of course
Yeah?
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #21
josolanes
kprotuners.com

josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmy_26 View Post
priorities come first, house, bills, food, etc

like he said, my car is a hobby. Its a project that takes years to complete, thats the fun part of it, watching it come together into something unique that u created.
^ this exactly. It's really nice seeing it evolve into what you want, or even changing based on your current tastes

and like DC5 Integra S said, mine are paid with money I have available, not in credit
josolanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #22
BluDC5

BluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBluDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time, for those 14 secs... Im free
BluDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #23
mallen600
Pancakes

mallen600 has a clean startmallen600 has a clean startmallen600 has a clean startmallen600 has a clean start
I must make a lot more money that you
TN CREW #6
ABP Crew Member #79
Zombie Eradication Team #68
BB Crew
mallen600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #24
poke_joster
MR DC5

poke_joster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoke_joster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoke_joster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoke_joster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoke_joster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoke_joster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoke_joster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoke_joster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
poke_joster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #25
rensoyka
Breast inspector by appt.

rensoyka is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
people call me crazy for spending over 100 bucks for my darts, when you're good at something and really enjoy it you have to treat yourself. no point living in a cave will all your money