Ball Joint Questions - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
UNC_xL

UNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ball Joint Questions

For a couple of days now I keep hearing a metal-metal rubbing sound from my front driver's side wheel when I am turning left. I finally had time today to jack up the car and inspect it. I found that the ball joint boot is ripped so I am now looking for a pair of replacements. Might as well change out both.

After some brief research, there are several options offered by ClubRSX and I would like to purchase from ClubRSX. What is the difference between the BC, Deeza, Hardrace, and SPC ball joints?

My car is dropped on Eibach Sportlines and I hope to upgrade to full coilovers soon, and it is strictly a DD. Will it be overkill to upgrade to something like BC if I don't track?

I don't know much about suspension so any help would be awesome. Thanks.
UNC_xL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
UNC_xL

UNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxUNC_xL is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
anyone with answers?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
robbclark1
Master Member

robbclark1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_xL View Post
For a couple of days now I keep hearing a metal-metal rubbing sound from my front driver's side wheel when I am turning left. I finally had time today to jack up the car and inspect it. I found that the ball joint boot is ripped so I am now looking for a pair of replacements. Might as well change out both.

After some brief research, there are several options offered by ClubRSX and I would like to purchase from ClubRSX. What is the difference between the BC, Deeza, Hardrace, and SPC ball joints?

My car is dropped on Eibach Sportlines and I hope to upgrade to full coilovers soon, and it is strictly a DD. Will it be overkill to upgrade to something like BC if I don't track?

I don't know much about suspension so any help would be awesome. Thanks.
Deeza is OEM style. It is not overkill to adjust roll center, so just get whatever one is cheapest. They all are solid roll center adjusters.
robbclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
UNC_xL

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbclark1 View Post
Deeza is OEM style. It is not overkill to adjust roll center, so just get whatever one is cheapest. They all are solid roll center adjusters.
Thanks. I'll probably go with Deeza. It's a good price point for me. Do you know anything else about the brand? I can't find anything as far as review for these things.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
UNC_xL

I think I'm going to go ahead and change out the front LCA bushings. The CRSX store shows a red and black kit. The image shows a design difference. Is there any difference in them besides color?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
robbclark1
Master Member

Quote:
I think I'm going to go ahead and change out the front LCA bushings. The CRSX store shows a red and black kit. The image shows a design difference. Is there any difference in them besides color?
get black. And never heard of Deeza. For ball joints, I've only heard of Sankei 555 and Moog for OEM replacements.

Last edited by robbclark1; 04-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
UNC_xL

I went ahead and ordered a pair of the Deeza lower ball joints and the black front LCA bushing kit, which is on backorder. I wanted to get this done all at once since they have to get pressed in

So I'll most likely get the ball joints put in when they arrive since the stock on is ripped and wait on the bushing kit. Hopefully the Deeza ball joints are good and have no problems. I wouldn't think CRSX would sell POS parts.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
UNC_xL

anyone heard of Sankei 555? napa has them for about $33. i ordered the deeza from here but they're on backorder for 4 weeks

here's the Sankei 555 for $32.99:Napa part # ATM SB6272

and here's the other, more expensive one at Napa for $55.99: Napa part # NCP 2601578

for $55.99 each i might as well go for the Hardrace or BC ones. is sankei a good deal? keep in mind i'm putting on a-spec suspension soon. i just ordered them.

edit: links don't work

Last edited by UNC_xL; 04-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
robbclark1
Master Member

Quote:
anyone heard of Sankei 555? napa has them for about $33. i ordered the deeza from here but they're on backorder for 4 weeks

here's the Sankei 555 for $32.99:Napa part # ATM SB6272

and here's the other, more expensive one at Napa for $55.99: Napa part # NCP 2601578

for $55.99 each i might as well go for the Hardrace or BC ones. is sankei a good deal? keep in mind i'm putting on a-spec suspension soon. i just ordered them.

edit: links don't work
I have 555's on my car and they've been fine.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
UNC_xL

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbclark1 View Post
I have 555's on my car and they've been fine.
Thanks man. probably going to buy the Sankei's from Napa.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
ourbloodykisses

ourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxourbloodykisses is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
ive got ingals and havent had any problems at all with them.