2002 Audi AllRoad Mold Remova/Restoration...Signature Detailed - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE > Car Care > Car Care Showoff
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Highrev1
The GREG

Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member
2002 Audi AllRoad Mold Remova/Restoration...Signature Detailed

First I want to thank DJ Mayo, David Fermani, and Barry Theal for their ideas and thoughts on this detail.

I got an email from the owner and said his Audi had some mold. I have done some light mold work before and wasn't too worried about it :cool1: I decided to go check out the car to put together a more exact estimate. This Audi had a leak coming from the firewall, causing the drivers side floor to be soaked. It was put away in a garage for about 4 months or so for the winter.
So what does 4 months of wet car interior look like...:sick1:

After some discussion, and research, I decided to use an Enzyme Mold Cleaner called sporicidin. I knew this would be a two day project. I suited up, using a mask, gloves, long sleeve shirt tucked into the glove, and some old pants. I was going to throw away everything I was wearing so I looked like pretty silly

I diluted it in a bucket, and in a spray bottle. Not wanting the mold to get airborne I sprayed everything down with the sporicidin mixture and let it sit for a few minutes. Even after just spraying I saw a huge improvement. I was concerned about pitting on the leather but fortunately the mold wasn't on there long enough to pit the leather. I then continued to go over the entire interior with towels from the buckets rinsing after about every square foot or so, I wanted to remove it not spread it around.

Even though I was using the sporicidin I decided to break out the steamer to assist in the mold killing. I have a Polti 2085 steamer that is absolutely amazing at producing steam, I don't know what I would have done without it. I steamed the carpets and lightly hit the seams of the leather. The air ducts were steamed also.
Highrev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Highrev1
The GREG

Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx memberHighrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member
After Day 1 I went back to finish up. After setting up a mini dehumidifier all night I got about a quart of water. I included the cost of this in the detail and left it with the owner to ensure that the entire car got dry. He will be using it daily until no more water appears.

All of the leather was then cleaned and conditioned using Lexol. I decided to use the Lexol instead of Leathurique due to time. Any plastic was dressed using Optimum Protectant Plus.

Thanks for looking as always Greg
Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
gat damn. nice work man
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
MELLO
Got Polish?

MELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whore
MELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whoreMELLO is a hardcore rep whore
holy smokes , good work son !
MANual Power Steering Krew #1

Speedlab.net for all your tuning needs!

MELLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
IntegraS
N54>K20

IntegraS has been a little shit in the past
wow that car was fucked
'04 TL A-Spec - sold
'04 RSX Type S - sold after 5 long years
IntegraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
crxdx
Brent

crxdx might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcrxdx might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcrxdx might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcrxdx might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcrxdx might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcrxdx might be well recognized one day on c-rsxcrxdx might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Bro props to you I would not have taking that job for under 1500 omfg gross.

Brent

http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php...ailedimage.com
crxdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
Highrev1
The GREG

Thanks all

Bret I did... It shows really well though so it should help out business...
Old 04-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
Surferboy
Been there & gone back

Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSurferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSurferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSurferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSurferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSurferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSurferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSurferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSurferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I would have taken a match to my car if it ever looked like that. Mad skills to turn it around like that. Amazing work.....
Surferboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
Nice job. I thought you were going to replace the interior
Old 04-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
josolanes
kprotuners.com

josolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsxjosolanes might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
that was really disgusting. you made it look like a new car....very amazing
josolanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
Highrev1
The GREG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmartin View Post
I would have taken a match to my car if it ever looked like that. Mad skills to turn it around like that. Amazing work.....
...It really wasn't as bad a job as it looks...I would do a mold removal again anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackystride View Post
Nice job. I thought you were going to replace the interior
I did see the rim of the steering wheel isn't two tone colors anymore

Old 04-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
natman316
CRSX> Homework

natman316 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnatman316 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnatman316 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnatman316 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnatman316 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnatman316 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnatman316 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnatman316 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxnatman316 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wtf happened to that car!!??

but very nice work to turn it around
Originally Posted by mickey492010 View Post
i just got my crsx headers and still havent put it together but i was told there r the shit for rsx but if u have vtec its even better
natman316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #13
suckuhhballbag420
11,750rpm+8,600rpm= FUN

suckuhhballbag420 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuckuhhballbag420 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuckuhhballbag420 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuckuhhballbag420 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuckuhhballbag420 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuckuhhballbag420 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuckuhhballbag420 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsuckuhhballbag420 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
gawd damn... its like picking the corn out of a turd, polishing it and encasing it with gold and diamonds... skills son, skills.

-08 Yamaha R6 Special Edition...
''Will Wheelie For Boobs!!!"
suckuhhballbag420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #14
Muse_Chevelle
Master

Muse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMuse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMuse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMuse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMuse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMuse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMuse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxMuse_Chevelle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
insane shit
Short On Mod Cash Crew Member #12
Base Crew Holla!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse_Chevelle View Post
already over and done with boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantav View Post
Your the fucking man
Muse_Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #15
arizonarsx
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some thougharizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though
wwooww that driver should go get his lungs checked for driving in that horrendous audi. great job getting that mold out, shit can be hazardous and deadly!
I've always wanted to go to NOLA, but it's expensive. So I just flooded my bathroom and emptied the trash all over the floor, then invited some homeless people to come in and yell profanities at me.
arizonarsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #16
C.J.

C.J. is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
wow great job!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #17
method:K20Z1
cyprus

method:K20Z1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Did you remove the seats?
method:K20Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #18
blazinrsx329
cracker jack box driver

blazinrsx329 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Now thats a signature detail...Nice job Grego!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #19
Lysol
C'mere

Lysol is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Jeez ...you're brave. I hope you got a damn good payment for cleaning that mobile cesspool.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #20
rand0mher0

rand0mher0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrand0mher0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrand0mher0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrand0mher0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrand0mher0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrand0mher0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrand0mher0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxrand0mher0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Great work! But you still haven't gotten back to me on working on my Audi!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #21
Dar-Dar

Dar-Dar is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDar-Dar is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDar-Dar is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDar-Dar is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDar-Dar is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDar-Dar is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDar-Dar is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxDar-Dar is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
That is nasty. But that's some awesome work on the detailing.
Dar-Dar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #22
JayDoggExclusive
That shit cray.

JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxJayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxJayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxJayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxJayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxJayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxJayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxJayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxJayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wow that is nasty as hell..nice work mate...

how long did it take to get the smell out?
1993 SSM Honda Prelude Si (H22a swap) - Sold
JayDoggExclusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #23
twitchykun
Muay Thai Crew #2

twitchykun is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Greetings from Jalopnik!

I can only imagine what the car smelled like.
Posting at work club #1 -
SD Meet Organizer Who says we never meet up?!
Muay Thai Crew #2 -
twitchykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #24
Nguyen
RSX-less

Nguyen is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
http://ca.gizmodo.com/5790369/this-m...e-water-damage

Pretty crazy saw this on Gizmodo and saw wtf its ClubRSX haha. Awesome work!
Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #25
dan7u
Master Member

dan7u is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Gizmodo brought me here.
dan7u is offline   Reply With Quote