cel P1298 ELD fault... - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL > Problems & Solutions
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
sinister357

sinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
cel P1298 ELD fault...

i'm getting a cel code p1298... something with the ELD. i've looked into trouble shooting it found little info except for to check for wire corrosions. i doubt that is the case.. but apon further research, the 2002 model year doesnt have a seperate ELD circuit but instead, it is built into the fuse box? i like someone to confirm this before i go out and buy myself a new fusebox.. and is this a likely fix this this CEL???
sinister357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
Jay
likes to troubleshoot

Jay is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Before throwing parts at the problem, work through the troubleshooting steps in the Helm starting on pg 11-101. The problem may not be the ELD. The first thing you should do is reset the ECM to see if the code comes back. Do you have any charging problems to go along with the code?

To answer your question: Yes. The ELD is built into the fuse box.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
sinister357

sinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxsinister357 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Before throwing parts at the problem, work through the troubleshooting steps in the Helm starting on pg 11-101. The problem may not be the ELD. The first thing you should do is reset the ECM to see if the code comes back. Do you have any charging problems to go along with the code?

To answer your question: Yes. The ELD is built into the fuse box.
nope. no other issues other then the CEL. and nope too about the built-in part... according to this site and i comfirmed it on mine. already have the $20 part on order.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2840752

Last edited by sinister357; 06-07-2011 at 10:28 PM.
sinister357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
SpoonME

SpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxSpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
so just to clarify the ELD is replaceable on 02-04 fuse boxes?
SpoonME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
Jay
likes to troubleshoot

Jay is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It doesn't look like the same part. Did it work OK?

For the 02-04 there is no part # for the ELD. For the 05-06 there is.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=702560&page=1
Old 08-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
atrain01

atrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I got this code. The dealership wil tell you it's not replaceable, that you need to replace the fuse box but you dont.
The part will be listed Under a crv.
Don't have the number but found it on google
atrain01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
xrs1

xrs1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxrs1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxrs1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxrs1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxrs1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxrs1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxrs1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxxrs1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Install looks like it is a simple unplug and replace from the picture. Any difficulties in replacing it?
xrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #8
Blackops
Base Crew

Blackops is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlackops is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlackops is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlackops is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlackops is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlackops is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlackops is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlackops is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxBlackops is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Got mine fixed bought a used engine bay fuse box for 45 and so far so good. no code for like 3k miles now. Goodluck.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
AxelTaylor
Master Member

AxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some thoughAxelTaylor is cool, not as cool as some though
I had this same code, disabled the ELD in kpro thinking that would take care of it, it got rid of the CEL but I have a charging issue now...
AxelTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #10
atrain01

atrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxatrain01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You can get the eld from the crv and it willwork.
atrain01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #11
futuremonster
Master Member

futuremonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfuturemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfuturemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfuturemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfuturemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfuturemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfuturemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxfuturemonster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thank for the help !!!!
futuremonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #12
woovic

woovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just to clarify, does an ELD from a 2006 fit in a 2002 fuse box?
woovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
woovic

woovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxwoovic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just installed a ELD for a 2006 RSX (part number 38255-S5A-003) in my 2002 RSX and no more P1298 fault code. Thanks for everyone's help!
Old 03-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #14
woovic

BTW, I don't think the ELD on the right is for the RSX (it's too small and the connector doesn't match). The one I removed and installed looked exactly like the one on the left.

Last edited by woovic; 03-15-2012 at 06:04 PM.