Engine Oil Overfill Question: Feelin' Noobish - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Turbo
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
04EP3Hatch

Engine Oil Overfill Question: Feelin' Noobish

Guys i do feel retarded for asking this question but i have to, ive been using rotella t6 in my turbo ep3 for the last 45,000 miles (since i installed the turbo kit and removed the JRSC) and i havent had a single problem, i installed an .063 inline restrictor at about the halfway point because she started to puff some smoke, and its been fine since. But last week i did an oil change on it and ive noticed today ( i only drive the car on sundays usually ) it smoked pretty good, idling only, full throttle didnt do anything, i had a buddy follow me and i did a full throttle sprint through 2-3-4 and he said not one bit of smoke. So when i got to my girlfriends house today and after it sat for a while and cooled off i checked the oil on level ground (maybe SLIGHTLY uphill, car facing up the grade) and i noticed it was maybe 3/8" to 1/2" overfilled on the dipstick i have never done that before to one of my cars i feel retarded for asking but im looking for some piece of mind, can the overfilled crankcase be backing up the return line? the return line is pretty close to the top of the pan:

any input is greatly appreciated!
04EP3Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
Perdonic

No if it's not doing it at full boost when the car is pushing the oil to the back of the pan no reason it would back up at idle.
Perdonic is offline   Reply With Quote