Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Push Button Start OEM

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  itskien 
#1 ·
For those who have Push Button start, I just recently installed mine Honda Access.

I have a couple questions regarding it.

1) What is the clip go to that does not have a connection, we just end up grounding it on the body... BUT What is that connection really for?

2) I didn't hook up my cruse conrtol swtich, but I did put my sun roff button back.... and it No longer lights up when the interior lights on....I maybe wrong but I thought it lit up red?

3) My AUTO window roll down/up no longer is working(Ihavne't checked the fuse but just reliezed it after the install)

4) The engine start button lights up, but not very bright (i figure this is how its susspose to be

Hopefuly some one there knows these odd ended questions.

THANK2

#2 ·
for your window:

roll it down hold for five sec, roll it up and hold for five sec. it should reset it. I think you only have to the do the down but i cant remember so i just do both and it works :/

#3 ·
Thanks, cruzin in to work my sunroof button lighting popped on out of no where. I will double check in the morning to see if the connection is tight. But wierd should be.

I'll try the window reset here at lunch tonight.

Is there a fuse for that?

Anyone know about the BRIGHTNESS of the engine start light, mine is kinda of dim. Ill take a picture on lunch tonight.

#4 ·
Nice!!! Thank you fellow DC5 member!

Resetting the window up/down worked!!

Now I just need 2 more questions answered...

Is the push button start button suppose to be DIM?

And what is the connector clip used for that gets grounded?
*Pictured between the start button and the start button holder*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.