Which size exhaust is better? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS > Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
yhappy

yhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Which size exhaust is better?

Im looking to get an exhaust but i dont know which piping size would be best for my 02 base. I hear that 2.5 inch would be better but then some people tell me that 2.75 would be better. I would rather know which is better for my car before i conclude on which exhaust is going to be the better buy for me!
yhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
abpRSX-S
Ummm....

abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxabpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxabpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxabpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxabpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxabpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxabpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxabpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Answered 1000x before but might as well make it 1001x lol k20s love better flow so bigger ID exhaust is better

-Broke Student Crew #25-
abpRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
poeticfinesse21
Poetic Finesse

poeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxpoeticfinesse21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpRSX-S View Post
Answered 1000x before but might as well make it 1001x lol k20s love better flow so bigger ID exhaust is better
Just remember, the bigger the piping the louder your exhaust will be.
poeticfinesse21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
LimaRSX
#selfie

LimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the top
LimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the top
3" and call it a day.

Fuck this fucking build crew
IG: LimaRSX

HotAvy&SigKrew
LimaRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
02civic629
Banned

02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
honestly it matters what type of other mods hes doing to his car....... do you have any other mods? plans to get outta the car?? future mods??
02civic629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
it's a base... unless you're doing an engine swap anytime soon I wouldn't worry about it... (no offense) just buy whatever looks/sounds best to you

Spaz Approved Decals and Shirts available!
Type-Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxitskien is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
No point in 3 inch if you aren't boosting
Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
LimaRSX
#selfie

LimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the topLimaRSX is not even half way to the top
Have you ever compared both? I have so yeah 3" does make a difference all motor.

HotAvy&SigKrew
Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
02civic629
Banned

02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx02civic629 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaRSX View Post
Have you ever compared both? I have so yeah 3" does make a difference all motor.
i have compared both on a base and i saw increase in power when going from buddy club spec 3 (2.6" i think) to a custom 3" exhaust
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
LimaRSX
#selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02civic629 View Post
i have compared both on a base and i saw increase in power when going from buddy club spec 3 (2.6" i think) to a custom 3" exhaust

HotAvy&SigKrew
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
yhappy

yhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsxyhappy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
honestly it matters what type of other mods hes doing to his car....... do you have any other mods? plans to get outta the car?? future mods??
trying to get cai, header, exhaust
Old 09-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #12
02civic629
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhappy View Post
trying to get cai, header, exhaust
Decent plans but are you worried about noise or anything or are you looking for pure performance gain??
Old 09-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #13
Hemmy_26
I f**ked Spaz's sister

Hemmy_26 is on a distinguished road
unless you plan on going the turbo route, a 2.5" should be more than enough. Dont listen to all the guys that say bigger is better, the added noise and drone isnt really worth the extra 2 HP
Injen, Strut King, Hondata, Enkei, Skunk2, Kiddracing
Hemmy_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #14
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx membercrackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
2.5" is best for basic boltons and such. 3" for boost or major all motor work and shit.

Even though 3" makes more power throughout the powerband, your low end is gonna be shit and if you DD, it's gonna be hard in stop and go traffic.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #15
LimaRSX
#selfie

Lol you guys are ignorant. You give advice with out even doing it your self.

I have had 2.36", 2.5" and 3". You make more power and torque across the entire band with a 3".

HotAvy&SigKrew

Last edited by LimaRSX; 09-08-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
LimaRSX
#selfie

My 3" was quieter than my 2.5. Noise has other factors than just pipe size.

HotAvy&SigKrew
Old 09-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #17
Hemmy_26
I f**ked Spaz's sister

Hemmy_26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol you guys are ignorant. You give advice with out even doing it your self.

I have had 2.36", 2.5" and 3". You make more power and torque across the entire band with a 3".
I used to have a 3", and moved down to a custom 2.5". I lost 3 HP peak but gained around 10 HP between the 2k to 5k range... Which is where I am at during 95% of my driving. It is becuase of the exhaust velocity and pulses... With most N/A cars, the 3" is only benificial above 7.5k RPMS, but it will cause you to lose low and mid range power due to the lower exhaust velocity.

Call me ignorant if you want, but Ive done my research.
Injen, Strut King, Hondata, Enkei, Skunk2, Kiddracing
Hemmy_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
02civic629
Banned

Quote:
My 3" was quieter than my 2.5. Noise has other factors than just pipe size.
hell yea my buddy club spec 3 screamed 24/7 even at low throttle, and was very high pitch at WOT.......... my custom 3" is alot quieter, makes more power, and alot deeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmy_26 View Post
I used to have a 3", and moved down to a custom 2.5". I lost 3 HP peak but gained around 10 HP between the 2k to 5k range... Which is where I am at during 95% of my driving. It is becuase of the exhaust velocity and pulses... With most N/A cars, the 3" is only benificial above 7.5k RPMS, but it will cause you to lose low and mid range power due to the lower exhaust velocity.

Call me ignorant if you want, but Ive done my research.
pretty sure you havent dynoed both exhaust on a k20a3 mr type s guy, this is the base section
Old 09-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
yhappy

Quote:
Decent plans but are you worried about noise or anything or are you looking for pure performance gain??
i mean i want something loud but then i dont want to spend money and get no gains. you know so i want both lol
Old 09-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #20
LimaRSX
#selfie

Quote:
i mean i want something loud but then i dont want to spend money and get no gains. you know so i want both lol
3"

/thread

HotAvy&SigKrew
Old 09-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #21
yhappy

Quote:
3"

/thread
which exhaust would be my best bet ?
Old 09-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #22
LimaRSX
#selfie

Quote:
which exhaust would be my best bet ?
I prefer custom, insures proper fitment regardless of header setup.

HotAvy&SigKrew
Old 09-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #23
02civic629
Banned

Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #24
yhappy

Quote:
like what do you mean custom exhaust. like buy the piping and the muffler i want and then i have to weld the piping and muffler together ?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #25
LimaRSX
#selfie

Quote:
like what do you mean custom exhaust. like buy the piping and the muffler i want and then i have to weld the piping and muffler together ?
Yup. Most shops can supply the piping.

HotAvy&SigKrew