Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 79 Results
  1. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hello there. I’m no mechanic by any means, but just like the title states, I’m have a misfire on multiple cylinders, but only when first starting my 2002 Acura RSX Type-S. After the car runs for about 10 seconds, all cylinders start hitting like normal, and it idles beautifully. At times, this...
  2. Problems & Solutions RSX
    There are 3 consecutive high-pitched beeps that only happen after I start rolling on 1st gear after starting the car. This doesn't happen if I go into 1st gear at a red light, only happens right after starting the car. It doesn't happen in neutral, only when the car starts moving while in gear...
  3. Problems & Solutions RSX
    https://youtu.be/PuO9PkUlobo Hey Guys , I got my rsx scanned for any problems due to the check engine light and the code i got was P0325 which is Knock sensor malfunction.Could the startup sound be due to this?
  4. Problems & Solutions RSX
    So i was having issues with my AC fan not blowing air at all. It started a few weeks back, but it's the 5th time it happened already. Basically no air comes out of the vents, with AC On or Off, but if go fast enough that air from the outside is coming thru vents ( recirc off), it seems to "kick...
  5. Problems & Solutions RSX
    2002 Acura RSX Base 5 speed manual has been having this issue with startup for about 5 months now. Progressively got worse over time and now this is where It is. When turning the key on cold start it does this loud cranking/banging noise a few times before starting up. Once it's started it...
  6. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hey, Im having a problem with my RSX. The car does not throw any check engine codes. Whats happening: After starting the car, I would put it in gear, drive to the first stop sign, and as soon as i clutch in, the car's revs just die out and the car stalls. When i re-start the car, i can hear...
  7. Problems & Solutions RSX
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViuqJCy1MhA You might have to turn your volume up a little, but since I bought the car a few months ago, it will make this noise on startup whenever it has been sitting for a while. The noise will come, then I can turn the car off instantly after, then turn it...
  8. Problems & Solutions RSX
    So since I bought my Type S in February, I've had a loud noise that I get whenever I start the engine cold. This is the sound: https://youtu.be/ViuqJCy1MhA However, recently, I've been getting a noise similar to that noise but it's while driving. I've been noticing that it seems to be getting...
  9. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Turns out that the knock sensor was the cause. It went out on me so I turned it off in kpro. Since then, everything below started happening. I replaced the sensor yesterday and turned it back on in kpro and everything is back to normal! So this has been happening for the past couple months now...
  10. Problems & Solutions RSX
    ok so a few months back i got a vtc malfunction code and that is when all my startup problems and idling issues started. the cel went away, but the problem still persisted. i ended up spinning a bearing in that motor & got a new working motor, same exact problem. bad startup and if i stretch a...
  11. Problems & Solutions RSX
    For quite some time now my car has been making a bad grinding noise during startup and was hoping you guys could help me diagnose it. It has gotten progressively worse, taking longer and longer for the car to actually turn over. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9kufjiJOg My...
  12. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Please help. I have a 02 base RSX with 150,000 miles. Recently there has been a squeal on startup when the engine is cold. It only lasts for a second or 2. If you start the car when the engine is warm, it doesn't do it. Is this the serpentine belt? I replaced it about 30k ago but maybe it...
  13. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hello, I notice everytime I start up my car I notice a hissing-like sound, I honestly don't know what it is since I'm not very good with cars at all. It seems to only happen in the morning when it's cold out and not really during the summer-time. I think it's because the car is already warmed...
  14. Problems & Solutions RSX
    '02 - S w/ 132k My car, after sitting for a while (5ish+ hrs), will sit and have a random missfire when I start it. This lasts for about ~5-10 seconds and does not do it again until it sits for over 5ish hours. Sounds like a subi. I can tell, whatever the problem is, is getting worse. Codes...
  15. Problems & Solutions RSX
    So for about the last 3 days, every morning i get into my car and start it the RPM's shoot up then it idle's at 2000RPM, usually i don't think anything of it cause after five minutes or so of driving the idle is down to about less then 1k rpm when im stopped at a red light or something. Im not...
  16. Turbo RSX
    hey guys i finally gotten my car started after months of waiting but coming across a couple of issues right off the bat. my set up is as follows Stock block K20a2 Peakboost manifold and 3" 2 peice downpipes 3" Vband Test Pipe 3" custom exhaust ( still not completed) Garrett 60-1 with 82 turbine...
  17. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hello, Usually after I start in my RSX-S in the morning I hear a ghastly rattling sound coming from my engine. After a few seconds it seems go to away. Occasionally, I think it still persists for a bit longer while I'm driving. Eitherway, reading through the forums it appears that the issue...
  18. Problems & Solutions RSX
    car stalls on start-up and sometimes cranks but dosen't start (02 type s)
  19. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hey, I was hoping that someone has had this problem and knows what is causing the noise. I tried to bring it to the dealer but they can't reproduce it. My 2006 RSX Type S makes a noise right after the car turns over. Seems more like a grinding noise vs a squeal or high pitched noise. It seems...
1-19 of 79 Results