Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 239 Results
  1. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hello all, I was hoping you could help me figure this one out: Two weeks I ran a compression test because my car was bogging and there was smoke coming from the exhaust during startup Cylinder 1: 151 Cylinder 2: 60 Cylinder 3: 151 Cylinder 4: 151 I left the car alone until today, I ran...
  2. Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
    Couple of datalogs plotted in Virtual Dyno before and after I installed the PRC on my 03 type s. Two sets on two separate stretches of road which is why the numbers vary. Stock K20a2 w/ 245K miles and a qt/1000 thirst for 5w-30. Other mods are Injen CAI, ebay thermal IM gasket, 1420 header...
  3. ECU Tuning RSX
    Finally got my car tuned and i was amazed with results..as much as i dont wanna get too caught up with dyno numbers,but considering how dyno dynamics usually show lower numbers, my car still came out with 231whp and 161tq.. My mods are SRI Invidia 4-2-1 race header 2.5" catback custom...
  4. ECU Tuning RSX
    Finally decided to get my car tuned, went with the Ktuner route. Tuned by Sean at Garage Munkey over here on Hawaii. 06 Type S Injen CAI Buddy Club Race Header 3in piping no cat no resonator 76mm Skunk2 Megapower RR RBC intake manifold Hondata IMG Stock fuel system on 92 octane Torco 5w30...
  5. ECU Tuning RSX
    Hey guys I just had the k pro installed and tuned in my car today. I made 212 whp and 156 torque. Mods are only aem intake and dcsport raceheader. What are your guys thoughts good numbers?
  6. All Motor RSX
    This morning I went to the auto parts store and bought a compression tester . I was told that the motor I bought had 11.5 to 1 compression pistons. On all four cylinders the compression tester was pegged out at 300 psi. Does this sound right for a high compression motor or is this just a...
  7. Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
    I previously had a Injen CAI and after a bad flash storm and a flash road flood under a bridge I water-locked my first engine. Needless to say I'm not going with a in-bumper cold air intake on my new engine setup. That said I've been trying to figure out the best intake filter location to get...
  8. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Long story short, my car lights would shut off suddenly when I was in high RPM. The battery light indicator would only turn on when this issue happened. I figured I was having alternator issues, so I replaced it. The battery light went away on initial start with the new alternator. However...
  9. All Motor RSX
    I also posted about this on k20a... Just got back this weekend from Church Auto today where they recently finished building and tuning my 2006 RSX Type S. Thought I'd post the dyno sheet here for everyone's research purposes since everyone's threads on here helped me figure out what to get...
  10. Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
    Ive seen the RBC dynos paired with cams and also a 3inch exhaust....however I have yet to see the real-world results of an RBC on a stock k20a2 with an intake, headers and either stock or aftermarket exhaust (kpro is a given) does anyone have any useful experience or information on the RBC...
  11. Exterior Mods RSX
    Sup guys, so I've seen some of you guys whom want to see the quality/fitment of eBay's Mugen lip kits. Since I've been wanting to get the lip kit all around, I've decided to try eBay's fitment. Being a college student and all, I don't have the money for Authentic pieces, but one day i will :D...
  12. General RSX Discussion
    Hey guys I recently took my car in for a smog and we'll it passed, but when I saw the numbers I see it barely passed on HC ppm. Last year though when I smog it the numbers were really low. Could you guys help me understand what could be going on? The highlighted pass was done in 2012 and...
  13. Problems & Solutions RSX
    After noticing some engine vibes and seeing some wear on the right side motor mount, I decided to replace it. I bought a cheap OEM replica on eBay thinking it woul just get me by until i bought a full Hasport kit. Waste of money. As you can see. the mount lasted less than a month and has...
  14. Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
    Okay guys I managed to get these dyno numbers without disappearing :shady: if you followed the other thread you'll know what I'm talking about:laughing: So the numbers you are about to see are all done on the same dyno here in Portland Oregon at VIP Performance on a dynocom dyno. The BLACK line...
  15. Problems & Solutions RSX
    I just bought my RSX not long ago and was with it all day test driving it, with no problems at all. On the way back home my CEL comes on >.< and after some code scanning found a P1166 code by itself (no 1167 with it, or any other codes) and after a lot of research and testing have...not fixed...
1-15 of 239 Results