Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 484 Results
  1. GENERAL RSX
    I was working on installing and removing the vtec solenoid because my car is in limp mode at the moment. ended up snapped the bolts off inside the hole. trying to figure out the best n fastest way to get them out so i can drive my car again.
  2. General RSX Discussion
    I have been having a problem with my 06 rsx type s for a couple months now and have tried what feels like every solution. I am currently having a problem with my vtec. Any time, in any gear if I go past about 7k rpms the car automatically flashes the cel and the car basically just starts revving...
  3. GENERAL RSX
    Hey guys I have 05 rsx-s stock k20z1 with skunk2 header, skunk2 intake manifold with adapter, hks 3” exhaust, and injen short intake. Just bought the car and it came with a ktuner already installed. I’d like to double check the ktuner make sure everything is right, I might reflash it to...
  4. Problems & Solutions RSX
    I’ve been in love with Acura RSX since my first 05 base model and I just recently bought an 06 type S and I love it to death, only problem is this car has the K20z1 original engine, and the transmission of an 04 with less mileage. Because of this, the previous owner had no speedometer, so now I...
  5. Dc5

6. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hey everyone. I hope someone could chime in and help me with my problem I'm having. I've searched this thread and can't really find an answer. I've recently been having a vtec malfunction problem with the car. My car (03 base mt) had an engine replacement by yours truly with a good engine donor...
  7. Problems & Solutions RSX
    So got the P1259 vtec code, started really lagging in 2nd and into 3rd if I pushed it at all, so I swapped out the oil pressure switch, the light remained, replaced the entire solenoid and changed the oil/filter. Cleared the code and kept driving, now the lag in 2nd gear is back and so is the...
  8. Problems & Solutions RSX
    So i bought a salvaged title 2004 rsx off some scumbag on Facebook marketplace. The guy seemed super friendly and the car seemed legit from all aspects so I didn’t think twice about it when i bought the car. the only mistake on my end was trusting some stranger i had just met. I only drove the...
  9. Problems & Solutions RSX
    05 Type-S Sometimes my VTEC works just fine, and other times it doesn't engage. Has good oil, full of 5W30 Mobil 1 with OEM filter. New plugs and valve adjustment. Thanks!
  10. Problems & Solutions RSX
    So I recently ran into this trouble of the VTEC solenoid, I own an '02 Acura RSX base. But car would not pass 4000 rpms.i took it to a shop, had it scanned and they told me my solenoid was going bad so I just replace the whole thing not willing to risk it just by changing the filter, and for a...
  11. Problems & Solutions RSX
    So, we got our JDM engine and trans running fine in our 06 auto RSX, with only a few side affects. We have a code for engine coolant sensor, the engine idles around 1000-1200 rpm and our fans run constantly. We took it for its first test drive today and the car has no “get up and go” so to...
  12. Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
    my a3 has been boosted for over 25,000kms of dd use with no VTC issues at all it was just very sluggish in the top end like 5500 - limiter was painful so i decided to switch out the horrible 3 piece plastic intake manifold for a RBB 2 piece off the floor and put A2 cams with 2 sets of a3...
  13. Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
    Okay so I just had my Head completely refurb'd.. New seals, new springs, cleaned, machined, ect.. The car makes great compression with no leakdown... So we put it on the Dyno only to be stumped.. The car, after making the usual spike after Vtec engagement stabilizes afterward, then actually...
  14. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Okay VTech gurus (that's a compliment) I want to race my RSX without VTech. The rules do not allow VTech. If I unplug the Vtec solenoid on the back of the head and do not allow the larger cams to engage how much horsepower have I dropped I am guessing that I went from 200 to approximately 150...
  15. Problems & Solutions RSX
    On the old one the screen was clogged, so amazon sent me a new solenoid free of charge, hooked it up and it was good, now it’s throwing the code again, took the new one off and screen was clean, replaced it anyways and it’s good again, also changed my oil after the first one went bad. (Mobile 1...
  16. General RSX Discussion
    Read more about 2019 Acura RDX Lands With VTEC 2.0L Turbo, NSX Inspired Cabin at AutoGuide.com.
  17. All Motor RSX
    Guys, need some help..have had Honda?s for years and I picked up a 2006 rsx s.. does not engage in vtec Engine is hot Changed vtec solenoid Oil is 100% No cel What else could this be?
  18. Engine & Transmission RSX
    Selling 04 type S cams and rockers are off an 03 base, Vtec killer setup. Decided not to use and will swap k24 in. NJ, $150 shipped, cell 6092766360
  19. Problems & Solutions RSX
    My friend swapped my voted out cause the head bad. He put a 1.7 non vtec in it. Said it was fixed. Now when I rev right to 4000 rpms I have to shift or my car starts takig seizures. Please tell me what to do.:(
1-20 of 484 Results