Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 66 Results
  1. Problems & Solutions RSX
    I have this whine on my 2002 rsx it all started after my own ps punp started leaking I secided to replace it with an after market one (bad decision) and the whine started i tried to bleed the system but its still there heres a video on how it sounds
  2. Problems & Solutions RSX
    So i've owned this 06 base rsx for about 5 months or so now And this whine is getting worse and worse. To give some insight from research Ive done I know it can be anywhere from the Ps pump, the pump o ring, air in the system, not using oem fluid, to low of level, the serpentine belt, the belt...
  3. Problems & Solutions RSX
    I need some suggestions, I believe if I were to replace my current belt it may go away, but I haven’t bought one yet but my belt will whine and squeal in different gears when I give it a low amount of gas, I’m not sure if this is an issue with any bearings or just the belt itself, can someone...
  4. Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
    Hello I just bought a 2006 rsx-s with bose unit. I installed a pioneer x6900bt with the metra 70-1725 harness. I plugged everything up and get good audio but now i hear a whining noise as the revs get higher. THe whine goes away when i completely shut off the head unit. I have the ground cable...
  5. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hey guys, As some of you may know, I just picked up my first RSX a little over a week ago. Since then I have been performing a lot of maintenance including spark plugs, VC gasket, intake filter, oils and fluids, etc. Yesterday I decided to clean the throttle body and IACV with CRC cleaner so...
  6. Problems & Solutions RSX
    I have a 2002 Base RSX. It has a whine every once in awhile. I noticed the fluid in the reservoir was a little low 4 months or so ago. I topped it up. I've noticed there are air bubbles in the fluid which from reading around means the O ring needs to be replaced. I guess this is a common known...
  7. Problems & Solutions RSX
    hi guys, i have done so much research on this and getting annoyed. My rsx base has this whining noise only when the rpms start to increase. I have taken the belt off and the noise is gone. So this eliminates the engine. I just replaced the O-ring on the PS pump and it is still there. My guesses...
  8. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Ive tried looking this up but I can't find anything in detail. I have an 02 type s and it has the bose amp under the seat, and I installed a touch screen radio and the sound works everything works fine and sounds fine, however I have a whine with the engine on, coming through the speakers. It...
  9. Transmission & Drive Train RSX
    Stumped on an issue I'm having...sorry for the long read, just trying to be as descriptive as possible Started off with clutch chatter, gradually getting louder (noise only when clutch engaged). Then I started hearing a whining noise, something like straight-cut gears. Happened on accel/decel...
  10. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Okay so I've done as much searching as I could and I can't find another situation close to mine. It first started when it was cold out I would turn my wheel to full lock and notice a small whine, one of my friends recommended that I change my PS fluid. So I change the PS fluid and then my pump...
  11. Problems & Solutions RSX
    I have an idea, but want advice. Last week during this cold weather around 20-30 temp.... I took the car got a car wash. The next morning I stated the car and I can hear a SUPER loud whine. I removed my P/S and have EPS. I am using a K-TUNED pulley and belt. The belt is not loose. But I...
  12. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hi, i'm wondering if someone can help me. Since I got the cars (2 years ago) there's a whine in 1st or 2nd when I let go the gas , I thought it was "normal". Its same sound than a wheel bearing. If I press the clutch or not doesn't make a difference. If I put in neutral the whine go away...
  13. Transmission & Drive Train RSX
    Need some help/advice. I recently had my car serviced at an Acura dealership (didn't have another option). They replaced the clutch assembly and CMC. After about a week and a half of driving after the service Im starting to hear a whine when Im going above speeds of 35+. Doesnt matter what...
  14. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Hi! I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything addressing the issue I'm having with my 06 Type-S, so I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas on what could be causing it. And I apologize in advance if I use the wrong terms or otherwise sound like an idiot--I adore my...
  15. Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
    Hello ClubRSX. I just finished installing this sweet Nakamichi MB-VI receiver using Metra's Amp integration harness and I have a small problem. It seems that when the engine is running is on, I get a static and alternator whine coming through the speakers. Now something that I think might be...
  16. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Last night I noticed that when I released my foot off the gas pedal at low speeds (residential area speeds) I can hear a slight whining/whirling sound in the front end of the car. I was wondering if any had any clues to what the culprit might be. Side note: 02 base auto w/ no engine mods.
  17. Problems & Solutions RSX
    It was 23 degrees this morning when I started my car, which sits outside every night :( Today was the first time I've heard this noise. I checked my power steering fluid and it's right where it should be. I also checked the hoses and they are not leaking. The fluid is not dirty, and I only use...
  18. Problems & Solutions RSX
    ok so i got rear ended a month back and just got my car out the shop. i noticed when i turn the car on and it idles in the lower rpm it has this high pitch noise. i notice when i press down on the clutch it goes away, but when released it comes back. i changed out my clutch about a year ago...
  19. Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
    dammit I had to get out of bed and get on the PC to make this shit. :weeeeeeeeee:
  20. Transmission & Drive Train RSX
    Soon I'll be upgrading my Type-S 4.3 FD to the Honda 5.062 FD. I'll also be swapping in the ITR 4th and 5th gears. I was wondering, which gear component is the main cause of gear whine? Is it the actual 1-6th gears, or is it the final drive? Or both? I'm just curious because I think it would...
1-20 of 66 Results