Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 36 Results
  1. Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
    Help!! Can someone please tell me what the valve lash / Clearance is for the jdm k20 type r?? i have looked everywhere and i cannot find it,, Please Help.... Thank You..
  2. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Sup guys. Can ya'll take a listen to my motor and listen to if it needs a valve lash adjustment? I feel like it does but a second opinion always helps :weeeeeeeeee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4FLIwurh4&feature=youtu.be
  3. The DIY Garage RSX
    Hi there. This is my first diy post, so I would like any and all feedback to help me improve this post! For background info, valve lash is the clearance between the roller rockers and the valves, and keeping the correct clearance tolerances is important for keeping the best performance for a...
  4. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Ok guys so I adjusted some of the valves that felt too lose. Engine sounds a bit smother. But I now notice that my idle is a little bit higher. Previously it would idle at 750rpm (fully warm) now it seem to idle at at either 800-900rpm. Sometimes it will sit at 900 and after a while go down to...
  5. Engine Building & Design
    I just swapped a set of K20A cams into my A2 yesterday and was wondering, do I use the valve lash specs from the A2 or do I have to use the ones from the K20A. I searched but couldn't find anything on the topic. Any positive info is appreciated. Thank you.
  6. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Okay, so I followed Spaz's guide on how to adjust the valve lash on my Type S to the tee. I also have done this before on my last Rsx. Well after everything was done, I tried to start the car. It started for about a second then died. I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes then started it...
  7. Engine Building & Design
    i was wondering if anyone know the correct valve lash for a k20a2 i know the manual say .008 for intake .010 for exhaust in inch but when i adjust to those spec i get fake knock n my valve train get really noise do you think using 00.7 for intake 00.8 for exhaust is a good ideai i have stock cam
  8. All Motor RSX
    I'm trying to figure out the valve lash for kelford 179b cams can anyone help?
  9. The DIY Garage RSX
    Anyone know the valve lash specs for a k24a2 with kelford 179-A cams ?
  10. Engine Building & Design
    Anybody know the valve lash specs for a k24a2 with kelford 179-A cams?
  11. Problems & Solutions RSX
    I was in the process of adjusting my valves and every thing was going good till i reached piston #2 & #4 on the exhaust side i cant get the feeler gauge in even when the screw is almost all the way up? it seems like the the lash is stuck or something . Any tips advice?
  12. Problems & Solutions RSX
    Got a question for you all, If a mechanic is performing a valve adjustment on your vechicle at 100K are there any problems he or she should be able to spot while having all the engine head guts exposed? Kind of things i'm talking about is like worn seals, piston rings, bent rods, you know...
  13. Problems & Solutions RSX
    a month ago i changed my timing chain and tensioner. i also upgraded the valvetrain with supertech valve springs ,retainers ad seats and went with the hybrid racing chain tensioner. today i got a horrible sound. it sounds like the begining of a roller coaster just a whole bunch a chain clatter...
  14. North East
    Hi guys does anybody knows someone who can do valve adjustment in Long Island? Please let me know cause I got a misfire code and replaced coils+sparks but I'm guessing that its the valve adjustment. car just reached 110k I definitely need it lol. Thanks 631-704-4732 Daniel
  15. The DIY Garage RSX
    I'm checking the valve lash and have the car on jack stands and when I put the car in gear I can't get the cams to turn so that I can make sure the cylinders are at TDC. I've tried all the gears and nothing in the engine will turn. What gives, I'm sure I'm overlooking something small.
  16. All Motor RSX
    im trying to find the valve lash specs for the brian crower stage 2 cams in my 03 rsx-s. i searched on here and it said they where the same as stock but i could of swore when i bought the cams it came with a spec sheet that was different. can anyone shed some light on the situation?
  17. The DIY Garage RSX
    So today Dan and I did a valve adjustment and inspection on the new k24a2 I swapped into my DC5. We noticed several valves were getting "sloppy" and so I'm glad we were able to get this done. So here we go. Tools Needed: Angled feeler gauges 19mm deep socket and extension Flat head Screwdriver...
  18. All Motor RSX
    Any tips on valve lash settings for using A3 exhaust rocker arms on both intake and exhaust cams? I was using the recommended stock settings for A2 intake/exhaust, but felt like more power was made using a more loose setting (+.005/.010) but the valvetrain made a bit more noise Any insight...
  19. General RSX Discussion
    How often should the valve lash adjustment servie be down on our cars? mine has almost 140000kms on it now, and i got it at 100+ so i'm not sure if it has been done! thanks, D
  20. The DIY Garage RSX
    Alright, I'm sittin' here with my valve cover off, looking at the engine. I originally just wanted to check the clearances, and they're all tight, I mean, not even the lowest spec feeler gauge will slide in.. You do slide it in under that nut thing but above the metal plate it's on? (I'm not...
1-20 of 36 Results