DIY stock intake cutout... [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: DIY stock intake cutout...

DallasRSX
03-08-2004, 09:28 PM
ok today i got bored and did the free mod for the rsx which is to cut the wall off in the stock intake box...its supose to free air up to the filter giving 2-3 hp...not much but hey it was free, so why not! now my Q is, would acura bitch about me doing this, since im supose to take my car in either tom. or the next to see why i get such shitty gas millage? i got shitty gas millage before i did this DIY free mod and im hoping that when acura looks at it, they dont automatically blaim it on the free up on the stock air box. anyone kno ? :confused:

zach12985
03-08-2004, 09:31 PM
naw they won't bitch at you, generaly the guys at acura love looking at my car when ever i come it. They like checking out my mods and it breaks the normality of their day. Apparently i have the only pimped out car at that dealership, i talked to one of the guys over there for an hour about my car. So unless they are dicks, they won't mind and they will probably even like it

zach12985
03-08-2004, 09:32 PM
i shouldn't say pimped out, because its not pimp yet no exterior mods

Spent198
03-08-2004, 09:48 PM
i shouldn't say pimped out, because its not pimp yet no exterior mods

LOL, well I was thinking you shouldn't say pimped out at all. But that works too! You could say... Modified? :wavey: :laughing:

zach12985
03-08-2004, 09:57 PM
yeah i meant that in the first place :thumbsup:

Conan O'Brien
03-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Heh, nah they shouldn't care, unless their some kind of Acura Nazis. If anything, wouldn't you get slightly better gas milage with that "mod?"

DallasRSX
03-08-2004, 10:23 PM
hopefully it does help on my gas millage because ever since the day i bought the car, iv been getting V8 gas millage, sucks ass....but im still taking it in to acura to see what the fu#k is up with my car.

zach12985
03-09-2004, 12:11 PM
just got my milage back, 250mpg city driving, I was seeing what kinda milage i would get if i didn't floor it for one tank, this is what you can get with mods!

zach12985
03-09-2004, 12:11 PM
not mpg, i mean 250 miles in one tank, i need to proof read from now on

James S
03-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Ouch, that's terrible gas mileage. :-/

Maybe it's just because it's winter time. I usually get 400 miles before my gas light comes on, last time the gas light came on at 300 miles. I thought something was wrong so I checked the oil and tire pressure and even took apart my airbox, but it was just a cold week and it hasn't happened again.

And no, more airflow equals more gas used because the ECU has to maintain the air to fuel ratio of 13.2 to 1. If you increase the air going into your engine the ECU will compensate by feeding your engine more gasoline, which is where the increase in performance comes in. You cannot increase performance and gas mileage simultaneously (at least not in the same location in the powerband).

zach12985
03-09-2004, 05:50 PM
you serious? you got 400 miles on one tank? i only get that on the interstate, how much stop and go traffic do you do? Because thats pretty much all i do. And im using 93 octane fuel, my car was having trouble starting so i got it checked out, the tech at acura told me to start using 93 octane fuel. Could that be hurting my gas milage? I dont' think it would.