Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Some Helpful information on Shortshifters

841 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Gary Waller 
#1 ·
#8 ·
in theory that's correct but I'm not sure...It's like when you have your seat far back it's harder to shift,but if you have it upright and closer to the wheel (the proper seating technique),your hand is real close to the shifter and it's alot easier and more accurate to shift.

#9 ·
that coupled with a few of those SS brackets would be perfect

what good is a "short shifter" if youre spending a second or two getting to the shifter itself.....thats why they have paddle shifting so you dont even have to move your hands...

its not relatively a "shorter throw" but its a "quicker shift" .... so get the brackets to reduce the throw about 30% and then this to be easier to shift...

if you actually race the car its a great design....DD, not really

#12 ·
XRATED3345 said:
Ok Yea Its Better In The Tek Way But Seriously Look At It That Looks So Dum Id Rather Kepp My B&m Im Sry But Nice Short Nd The Rattle Isnt That Bad Sry But Thats Jus I.m.o
you know what else looks dumb?..... capitolizing every fucking word....and spelling 3/4 of them wrong

youre what we would call an aesthetic racer arent you :thumbsdow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.