Loud "Groaning" Noise From the Right Rear of the Car [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: Loud "Groaning" Noise From the Right Rear of the Car

afrobooty
08-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey,

Recently, I've been hearing a loud "groaning" nose at the right rear of my '02 RSX when I slowly make turns or go over bumps. I'm thinking something's up with my suspension. I did a search that only came up with similar issues on aftermarket suspension and springs (my car is 100% stock) and on '05s (mine's an '02). The sound is not so much a "pop" like other people have complained about but more like a "groan" or "creaking" noise. It's tough to describe.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas about what it could be before I drag it to the dealer?

Thanks for your help.

iodan
08-12-2005, 03:01 PM
lube the bushings on the sway bar...also, there is more mounts/bushings near the tire where the suspension connects the arm (yeah i know real technical here)

djdaze
06-11-2006, 04:12 PM
has anyone tried this yet? did it work for you? just curious cuz i've discovered i have the exact same groaning/creaking noise at low speeds, also coming from right rear of car.

thx

theboyjwo
06-24-2006, 12:39 AM
I just discovered today that I have similar problem, in the rear of the car I get a creaking/clanging sound when I make a right turn or go over a bumpy road. Clang clang clang

djdaze
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
actaully i've now realized the creaking sound seems to come from the roof, directly behind the sunroof. It's only at low speeds like parking lot speeds.

I'm guessing it's the frame making noise. Anyone have experience with this??

thx

jinhn02
08-28-2006, 01:04 AM
having the same problem here..... if anyone knows what to do with this problem please reply thanks.

shaunie81
02-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Same problem. I have a Comptech rear 25 mm sway bar, skunk2 tie bar. Still getting a whole bunch of noise. Mechanic I have looked at, can't figure out what the noise is. Maybe the Hotchkis endlinks? I replaced the rear bushings with Energy Suspension Mounts, greased them like crazy too. Also lubed the Hotchkis endlinks. All bolts have been tightened and torqued to specs. Sorry to bring this post from the dead, but I can't figure it out.