How do you remove HVAC control panel? [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: How do you remove HVAC control panel?

Torquem
02-07-2006, 03:23 AM
I have a dash rattle that is about to make me homicidal. It's directly behind the HVAC controls under the dash and I am convinced I can fix it if I can get that panel off. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :thumbsup:

rensoyka
02-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Just be careful. It looks like there are just some plastic clips holding it in. Ease it out and then disconnect the wiring harness.

krystar
02-07-2006, 09:18 AM
it just pops out. get a plastic something and lever it out.

Torquem
02-07-2006, 10:05 AM
thanks! :thumbsup:
will this work?

http://www.geo-tools.com/Images/Products/New%20Folder/Bars/gad-3-big.jpg

:laughing:

petah
02-07-2006, 10:35 AM
start by prying it out from the top right hand corner and work your way to the left... pull it out.

tworedshoez
02-07-2006, 03:29 PM
i have a dash rattle that i can't even pin down yet (i'm too busy driving to really narrow it down). good luck with yours, since i know how annoying that is.

RSXWOT
02-07-2006, 06:45 PM
start by prying it out from the top right hand corner and work your way to the left... pull it out.
:iamwiths: -straight out of the Helms. use a flathead screw driver and wrap some tape around the head so you don't scratch stuff.

paulkramer
12-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Can you guys who've done this describe it in a bit more detail?

I tried prying the visible panel of the HVAC control unit, but it started to put an indentation in the visible trim portion. Is there a stronger piece behind the visible portion that I should place my screwdriver on?

I know it can be done - the dealer had the unit out without leaving any signs/scratches.

Dripto
03-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Can you guys who've done this describe it in a bit more detail?

I tried prying the visible panel of the HVAC control unit, but it started to put an indentation in the visible trim portion. Is there a stronger piece behind the visible portion that I should place my screwdriver on?

I know it can be done - the dealer had the unit out without leaving any signs/scratches.

excuse the 2 year bumo but i have to do this as one of my LED's busted (left most one that lights up the fan and part of the thermostat knobs. so how can i pry it out w/o scratching the trim. i have an 05 and the trimming looks pretty darned delicate.

Dripto
03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
bump for answers.

05typeRSX
11-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys I needed that. Now to disassemble my heater.