Help Please! DCRH and Noise issue [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: Help Please! DCRH and Noise issue

k20a216
07-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Okay, I have recently installed my dcrh and esmm, but here is the problem. Whenever I step on the gas to accelerate, anytime I reach columns 8-10 on my kpro calibration (WOT), I get this weird metal to metal grinding noise. This happens in all gears, anytime I gas from a cruise it makes the noise. Anyone had a similar problem or suggestions?

Before anyone flame me, I have checked/done the following:
1. exhaust leak – holding a dollar bill at the exhaust tip, does not sucks in
2. o2 sensor clearance – bent the heatshield
3. sway bar clearance – the sway bar is really close to the dcrh(less than 1/8 of inch), but the noise doesn’t sounds like the dcrh is hitting the stock sway bar. Plus this only happens when I step on the peddle, if I’m just cruising the car sounds fine.
4. adjusted fuel under WOT through kpro

Again, can anyone provide me with some help? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

k20a216
07-16-2006, 05:35 PM
nobody?

friend_of_mine
07-16-2006, 06:35 PM
i would suggest searching this topic it has been covered a lot...seeing the list of things you have already done is all the basic solutions so give it a search. sorry.... hope you get it fixed though.

ChadB
07-16-2006, 06:41 PM
just the raspiness of the rh

TeamBC
07-16-2006, 06:51 PM
hm.. i had similar noise from 1st to 2nd.....
the noise went away after track....
try that :)

DR_DC5
07-17-2006, 02:56 PM
i just did my dcrh today and i have the same prob.. except mine is whenever i accelerate. this is really pissing me off.. i keep hearing like scratching metal whenever im on the street and its just almost completely constant... if u hear anything pm me and let me know!

k20a216
07-17-2006, 07:01 PM
so your's have that metal to metal grind even you you accelerate from a stop? how about at idle?

ChadB
07-17-2006, 09:35 PM
did you remove your manifold bracket?

RsxErnestO
07-18-2006, 07:12 AM
i had a clunking and metal grinding sound when i did mine. the problem was that the subframe wasnt bolted up all the way and they sway bar was kinda loose as well.

k20a216
07-18-2006, 02:53 PM
did you remove your manifold bracket?

the stock header manifold bracket is off

k20a216
07-18-2006, 02:55 PM
i had a clunking and metal grinding sound when i did mine. the problem was that the subframe wasnt bolted up all the way and they sway bar was kinda loose as well.

thanks, i'll jack up the car today and check the bolts

dliggins
07-18-2006, 04:59 PM
yeha i read about this, they said the header was knocking on something underneath the car. I had a CTRH never had this problem

k20a216
07-19-2006, 05:21 AM
update:
rechecked the bolt, and they are tight ass fuck. anyone else have any suggestions?
Also, I checked the clearance between the sway bar and the race header, i can fit about a finger in there.

DC5_mike
07-19-2006, 05:25 PM
check your engine oil, maybe you dont have enough

k20a216
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
check your engine oil, maybe you dont have enough

oh yeah, that was the first thing I checked because that noise is so similar to an engine running with low motor oil.

k20a216
07-20-2006, 11:46 PM
anyone else have any suggestions?

o_OSneakie
08-02-2006, 06:31 PM
same problem .... Bump! :/

DA35LAX
08-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I had the same problem until I put in new enjo engine mounts. It turned out whenever I hit the gas hard the header was either hitting the sub frame or the sway bar. My mechanic put the car on the lift and noticed that the engine had alot of flex, since I changed the mounts I havent had the problem.

808typeS
09-22-2006, 01:10 AM
DCRH with EVO2 exhaust

I just got my DCRH installed today and it made the same noise.
It makes the clunking noise when I back off on the gas. So I took it back to my friend who works at an Acura dealership as a mechanic. We took a look at it and found the problem.

It's when you rev the motor the exhaust pipes shakes. When I back off on the gas it shakes even more, causing the mid pipe to hit the under carriage of the car.

I didn't have this problem when I first installed the EVO2 cat back exhaust. Meaning the DCRH is a bit long, which pushes the exhaust mid pipe back to where the clearence of the pipe and under carriage is very minimal.

Right now I'm trying to figure out a way to fix the problem which can be very annoying when I down shift. The only thing I can think of now is to take it to an exhaust shop and have them cut off an inch or two from the mid pipe.

Hope this makes sense...

LickyMYwalker
09-22-2006, 01:28 AM
i have this too and its the exhaust hitting the body of the car underneath or what everyone else has been saying

808typeS
09-22-2006, 01:40 AM
I'm gonna try to have ESMM installed and see if it helps...
before shorting my exhaust pipe

H82LOS3
09-22-2006, 04:29 PM
wow interesting thread cuz i just got my dcrh about to put it on, but hopefully it will work out...............

808typeS
09-24-2006, 06:01 AM
wow interesting thread cuz i just got my dcrh about to put it on, but hopefully it will work out...............

let us know how it goes...

general21
09-24-2006, 11:30 AM
anyone else have any suggestions?

it was after I install the dch not even RH that the noise start happening. I took it to acura and the guy told me that I had a lose light, and that was making the noise. but the noise never stoped. So i took it for a second time and they told me that it was the injen cold air intake that was making the noise ( they wanted $300.00 to remove it, but I did not let them). The third time around at the acura dealer they told me my motor mounts needed to be replace, So I did. the noise was still there after I change them. To the moment I still have the same problem I purchased the toda sway bar to see if helps!!! My car will be ready Monday.

2010 admin
09-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Just some food for thought. All you guys who are having issues with the ESMM/ DCRH noise issue should really look into a set of Innovative mounts. They are actually easier to install than the ESMM (no squeezing, special grease needed, trying to hold into place while you thread bolts through, etc.) and I would bot have believed it had somebody told me beforehand, but the vibration level is little more than stock after they're broken in.

Here's the best part of all: No movement. It's so solid that I could probably do pull-ups off my header if there were enough space. The exhaust doesn't move at all. Plenty of free space around the sway bar, subframe, heat shields, etc. WOT up-shifting, reverse, hard down-shifting, it doesn't matter. Zero contact noise with this setup. Anyway, my 2-cents, for what they are worth.

general21
09-25-2006, 02:39 PM
it was after I install the dch not even RH that the noise start happening. I took it to acura and the guy told me that I had a lose light, and that was making the noise. but the noise never stoped. So i took it for a second time and they told me that it was the injen cold air intake that was making the noise ( they wanted $300.00 to remove it, but I did not let them). The third time around at the acura dealer they told me my motor mounts needed to be replace, So I did. the noise was still there after I change them. To the moment I still have the same problem I purchased the toda sway bar to see if helps!!! My car will be ready Monday.

no noise so far!!!!:thumbsup:

808typeS
09-26-2006, 06:10 AM
i finally decided to take my car down to an exhaust shop (Exhaust System Hawaii). They looked at it and told me I only had about a 1/4 between my mid pipe and the under carriage.
I had two choices...
1. was to cut the cat-back (EVO2)
2. or the DCRH

so I went with cutting the DCRH (which I bought used). They cut a little more than half way through the pipe in a triangular form (like a slice of pie), but didn't cut the pipe directly in half.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/integ808/headerpic1.jpg
Which gave them some room to bend the piping for the clearence I needed. Now I have about a finger clearence between my mid pipe and the undercarriage and no clunking sound :thumbsup:

general21
09-27-2006, 08:38 AM
i finally decided to take my car down to an exhaust shop (Exhaust System Hawaii). They looked at it and told me I only had about a 1/4 between my mid pipe and the under carriage.
I had two choices...
1. was to cut the cat-back (EVO2)
2. or the DCRH

so I went with cutting the DCRH (which I bought used). They cut a little more than half way through the pipe in a triangular form (like a slice of pie), but didn't cut the pipe directly in half.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/integ808/headerpic1.jpg
Which gave them some room to bend the piping for the clearence I needed. Now I have about a finger clearence between my mid pipe and the undercarriage and no clunking sound :thumbsup:

wow very extreme!!! the sway bar is doing the job for me

H82LOS3
09-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Just some food for thought. All you guys who are having issues with the ESMM/ DCRH noise issue should really look into a set of Innovative mounts. They are actually easier to install than the ESMM (no squeezing, special grease needed, trying to hold into place while you thread bolts through, etc.) and I would bot have believed it had somebody told me beforehand, but the vibration level is little more than stock after they're broken in.

Here's the best part of all: No movement. It's so solid that I could probably do pull-ups off my header if there were enough space. The exhaust doesn't move at all. Plenty of free space around the sway bar, subframe, heat shields, etc. WOT up-shifting, reverse, hard down-shifting, it doesn't matter. Zero contact noise with this setup. Anyway, my 2-cents, for what they are worth.

where did u get it?? What website??

oShieT iTs LonnY
09-27-2006, 10:14 PM
bumb same problem, any other solutions besides innovative mounts?

ilikecereal
09-27-2006, 10:32 PM
i think i had the same noise problem, found out it was my catback hitting against the undercarriage exhaust wall, so i just had some muffler shop re-weld my tanabe catback and noise was gone!

typeRacura02
09-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Im kinda new at this but how hard is it to replace motor mounts?

2010 admin
09-28-2006, 09:50 AM
where did u get it?? What website??

Uh, here on CRSX, under "engine mounts"

oShieT iTs LonnY
09-29-2006, 10:53 AM
bump for answer, noise is annoying :(

general21
09-29-2006, 08:58 PM
the noise is back!!! im taking the dch out and see what happen, also some boby told me about mounts spacers for only $20.00 or the pro kit for 250.00

Kevin949
09-29-2006, 09:17 PM
it's the header to B-pipe connector hitting the underbody. Tighten the bolts down more on that. Maybe finding something that could act as a damper between the connector and the underbody, but obviously something that could withstand the heat. Anyway, I had the same problem and after I disconnected the piping and reconnected it and tightened it more it went away. Now I have to really floor it in reverse for it to happen.

Mr Hobbers
10-01-2006, 12:20 AM
its the mid pipe hitting the undercarriage. it seems as if the new dcrhs are different than the older models, because they sit differently now underneath the car. its not a motor mount issue, i have the same problem. your best bet is to weld it and fix it so it sits a little lower. ive heard numerous people with the same problem where theres barely any clearance between the undercarriage than their catback

808typeS
10-06-2006, 07:54 AM
DC should have a recall on their new DCRH... that sucks, you spend money on a DCRH and then you have to spend money/time to fix it :thumbsdow

I don't know if I want any other DC products now...

Savanhxay
10-26-2006, 08:55 AM
i have the same problem. i still dont know exactly what to do though. im going to take a look at it this weekend though

Savanhxay
10-26-2006, 08:56 AM
it mainly happens to me when i reverse and let off the gas in 2nd.

crazycivicguy
11-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Im having the same problem and its vibrating like crazy!! Its hittin my lower motor mount causing vibration noise!! DC SUX!!!!!

Savanhxay
11-01-2006, 09:43 PM
i jus got my ingalls torque dampener today. it seems to help out pretty good. it doesnt klunk anymore even when i reverse hard any more or down shift into second. mayb you spend a 150 on one and it might jus solve ur problem.

asears
12-05-2006, 01:44 AM
i just installed mine and the b-pipe rattles bad on the under carriage at idle but after 1100-1200 rpms its fine
i also installed esmms. im thinking about taking it to a muffler shop, anyone know of a good one in orlando area?

angr2387
10-14-2007, 01:07 AM
bump same thing happen to me and i just put in my headers today. everytime i rev or reverse it makes a lound noise underneath. im going to try motor mounts.

mxlu
10-14-2007, 02:07 PM
did any try new motor mounts and fixed the problem?

civic_redline
10-14-2007, 02:31 PM
it could be the upper heatshield thats hitting it. I know thats what happend to me. I just brought it to muffler shop, paid 5 bucks to lift the car up, guy took a hammer, and bent it.

NCSUtuner03
10-14-2007, 02:54 PM
could be the heat shield vibrating off the header, that's what was happening to mine sounded horrible but it's good now.

newnmpr0ved
10-14-2007, 03:13 PM
that metal to metal noise is one of the cylinders on the header hitting this hanger type thing... let me go and check which cylinder it is... cuz mine does the same thing..

EDIT: if ur on the drivers side and ur hood is open... its the 1st cylinder... what u should do is (while ur car is cold) follow ur hand from the 1st cylinder until it dips down... u will notice there is a metal hanger type thing that is about 3-4 CM distance in between the cylinder and the hanger... get a sock and tie is down on that hanger... that should solve it... i used a sock and tooth floss, LOL... it gets the job done

mxlu
10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
that metal to metal noise is one of the cylinders on the header hitting this hanger type thing... let me go and check which cylinder it is... cuz mine does the same thing..

EDIT: if ur on the drivers side and ur hood is open... its the 1st cylinder... what u should do is (while ur car is cold) follow ur hand from the 1st cylinder until it dips down... u will notice there is a metal hanger type thing that is about 3-4 CM distance in between the cylinder and the hanger... get a sock and tie is down on that hanger... that should solve it... i used a sock and tooth floss, LOL... it gets the job done

hey dan are you using motor mount inserts or aftermarket mounts?

newnmpr0ved
10-14-2007, 05:56 PM
hey dan are you using motor mount inserts or aftermarket mounts?

ESMM, hows the kpro ? AND THE FUTURE RETROS ? pm me

st00pidc5
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
having the samee fucking problem! taking mine to an exhaust shop and see what they can do to fix it....will reply w/ details

whitt
06-30-2008, 09:05 PM
I have innovative billet and there is still a grinding metal vibe noise in reverse and downshifts. Any other suggestions would be awesome. Has anyone truly ended this madness yet?:deadhorse

05 SilverHawk
07-23-2008, 03:03 AM
my shit is sqeeking like a mofo! help!

dc5_runr
07-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I have innovative billet and there is still a grinding metal vibe noise in reverse and downshifts. Any other suggestions would be awesome. Has anyone truly ended this madness yet?:deadhorse

have you removed or altered the heat shield above the o2 sensors??
but you say "grinding metal vibe"? iunno about the grinding..that doesn't sound normal because you shouldn't hear anything grinding...unless you cant drive..lol jk....but if its metal vibrations im pretty sure it'll just be the heat shield hitting with the o2 sensor...:thumbsup:

my shit is sqeeking like a mofo! help!

dude, INFO!! "squeeking like a mofo" doesn't tell us anything.:dontknow:....where do you hear it? when does it happen? what does it sound like? rubber squeeking?

i hate it when ppl post and don't clarify:mad:....we don't know your car or its issues....so you must bring us up to date.../vent lol:D