Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

warranty

Tags
warranty
609 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jihm 
#1 ·
:dontknow: :confused: 04 type s with 24k , starting to get a squeaky sound from the right front wheel, if its the brakes; is it covered under warranty?

#2 ·
Most problems with brakes are not covered under warrantee unless it can be proven there is a manufacturers defect.... Brakes go in the list of things considered normal maintenance items...
IF the brakes are squealing... or squeaking....; try removing the rim and look for dust buildup or something loose....

#4 ·
most likely worn rotors or scratched rotors.

anything that wears is not covered on warranty. unless you have an actual defect on the part, it won't be warrantied.

#5 ·
as i can see, they are scratched but not grooved, so they should be able to be cut? or would u recommend I get a new rotor?

#7 ·
ABPRSX said:
as i can see, they are scratched but not grooved, so they should be able to be cut? or would u recommend I get a new rotor?
Get them measured, and compared to specs (there are 2 specs, minimum allowable tolerance, and minimum machining spec). Any shop who does brakes all the time will have a spec book or access to repair guides (alldata, mitchell, OE).

Ry

P.S. there is no "standard" used for specs, every vehicle is different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.