SRS after TAKATA HARNESS INSTall [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: SRS after TAKATA HARNESS INSTall

GotSpoon?
09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
ok i installed my Takata Harness on my front driver seat.. all right, well the Takata eye bolts. were to short to fit through the stock seat belt holder. so it was usless at that point. i didnt wana tuck it , so i removed it and cut all the wires under the seat. , the seat belt light went off. but the SRS light came on. how can i get the light off. rewire all that stuff back?

GotSpoon?
09-08-2006, 10:39 PM
good ole SRS BUMP. if i have to take the dash apart dont bother explaing cause the light isnt that bad, just if this a simple fix to my prob let me know =)

epwookie
09-09-2006, 04:16 PM
shouldnt have cut the wires!!!

i have takata harness on dc5 leather seats in my ep3. To avoid the srs light, you could have just kept the oem seatbelt lock under the seat.
or
"Have you considered putting a resistor on the connections to quiet it. I'd have to check the service manual but I believe its a 2ohm 2watt. I've built SRS bypass plugs for my seats (I'm going to run JDM CTR Recaros) and I've removed the OPDS from the stock passenger seat just to keep my system intact" - guy from ephatch made resistors, which worked

edit: just rewire it.....plug your seatbelt lock back in, keep it under the seat....and clear the code!

SUNKIST
10-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Any pics?
BTW never cut wires man, try to find a solution first.

9 Meter Peter
10-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Any pics?
BTW never cut wires man, try to find a solution first.

and if you do cut wires find out whats gonna happen to it lol

BLUE RSX-S
11-09-2006, 09:13 AM
This should help explain what the colors mean.

http://www.elexp.com/tips/clr_code.gif

KSMatic
11-11-2006, 01:02 AM
1/4 will be smaller than 1/2 volt. :D

with the 1/2+ volt, you might still have a short

mysterymarker
11-11-2006, 02:52 AM
those resistors will make the srs light go away?

stylesp
11-11-2006, 02:58 AM
for future ref when you do stuff like this disconnect the battery, stuff some shit in the belt buckle and wrap the fucker in masking tape. the reason you have the light is because there is a sensor on the buckle its self and you cut the cable it should just throw a open circuit code

Romeo21779
11-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Aren't the seatbelt pretensioners part of the SRS system?