Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

New Member of the Nitrous Club

3K views 78 replies 14 participants last post by  UFMCNSQL 
#1 ·
Yep, after a few months of trying to figure out what we wanted to do, I finally installed a 75 shot today. I just got the basic NX kit (which we will be selling soon) but I didn't get any of the extra stuff yet. I didn't take any pictures of the install, but I will take some pictures tomorrow to show everyone what we did and add some tips for future users.

I would like to know if any of you running the 100 shot are having any problems. Since we are just using it for the track I am thinking about stepping up from the 75 to the 100. We are going to be playing with the nitrous all winter and I am sure that we will come up with a pretty good combo for others to use. The goal is going to be around 500hp if not more!

#6 ·
The 100 shot is fine as a daily driven thing, When I had the times I would spray it a couple times a week but now I have ben really busy with some of the shows and school. If the nitrous kit was only for the track I would think about going with some more. I was thinking about going up another 25, but this time I wont just buy jets. Up to this point we nitrous users have been buliding the car blind, we buy jets try it out if it don't blow keep going. For a 125 some tuning may be involved. First problem is fuel, we are not sure if the factory fuel pump will be able to deliver the needed amount. Secondly is the jets, to run peak and safely you would have to put the car on a wideband o2 sensor to make sure you don't lean out. Now if it is for the track only I would recommend getting a pair of colder plugs for the track only. I am thinking about leaving everything stock with the 100 for the strett and upgrade some stuff so I can spray some more at the track. The internals will hold up it is just a matter of tuning it properly. Didn't that guy DC5 Master with the turbo rsx make over 300 on stock internals (for you non believers). Keep us updated on how everythign goes.

G
#7 ·
RSX would take 125 shot for sure. One of my friends has a Hatchback with a Type R Motor sparying 175 shot, it only last about 20 runs before it blow, but you can seen how strong a stock type R motor is, why would are be any less. He went 11.7 with that car.

#9 ·
All I can say is 100 or 125 seems crazy to me for some reason.

I was planning on just doing a 50 shot when I get my NX.

But I guess I like to be on the safe side of things

#10 ·
SlowRacing said:
RSX would take 125 shot for sure. One of my friends has a Hatchback with a Type R Motor sparying 175 shot, it only last about 20 runs before it blow, but you can seen how strong a stock type R motor is, why would are be any less. He went 11.7 with that car.
because we have no return fuel line they say a type-s has problems with a 75 shot and 100 is probably bad for the engine(high risk of detenation) 125 is an accident waiting to happen. you will need to reprogram the ecu first or I see you driving a bomb.

hey but what do I know I don't use the juice. yet....

#14 ·
Fuel Jet

I think I remember Az saying something about using one jet larger than recommended for the fuel jet. I hope he can back me up on this. Let us Type S people know how it goes, because I am about to buy a kit and want to know if it is safe. We already know it works fine on the base RSX.

When are you going to start selling the NX kit? Is there going to be a special on it when you do? Let me know before I spend more than needed.

#15 ·
Re: Fuel Jet

arrest me redtypeS said:
I think I remember Az saying something about using one jet larger than recommended for the fuel jet. I hope he can back me up on this. Let us Type S people know how it goes, because I am about to buy a kit and want to know if it is safe. We already know it works fine on the base RSX.

When are you going to start selling the NX kit? Is there going to be a special on it when you do? Let me know before I spend more than needed.
I am thinking that it might be good to wait until January. That way everyone who is intersted can save up and have money from the holidays! Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

#17 ·
I think with a few dyno runs chris, we can set up a good baseline data sheet for us to use a the track. If you plan on going anything bigger than 125 you might want to consider a EGT gauge. We defianatly dont want melted parts finding their way into your exhaust. :shakehea:

#19 ·
on a realted note

Hey chris hows the car running now can you post more times I haven't seen any since july. I am betting even before the N20 you were mving quicker. can you post the latest best run?:thumbsup:

#21 ·
I will be putting new numbers up by the end of today. There is about 30 different time slips from several events that I need to do.

Here is my experience with the 75 vs. 100 shot. The 100 shot is great and I pulled a 13.179@108 at 5800 ft above sea level :p (I am about to add that to the fastest times list). There are two problems that I had with the 100 shot, traction and parts. I couldn't get it to hook up until mid way through second gear and I think there are some parts that really may be failing. Being this was the last weekend that I am racing until next April (as far as I know) I was not worried about the engine side just as long as it got me through the weekend. But if anyone else is running a Type-S I think the 100 shot may be way too much unless you tune it on a dyno. I think the main reason why there is a few parts failing is because of too much fuel. We have to lean it out up here to produce power and not stress the engine. So, 100 shot may work better at the low altitude, but not at a higher one. The 75 was perfect for what we needed, it worked very well and produced more consistent times. It hooked up right away and produced solid mid 13's all day with one run that should have been around 13.1 but I had to hit the brakes so I wouldn’t lose (got to love bracket racing). We are going to be working on a new setup for next season and I will cover what we do and how we tune it over winter. Look for a post in the performance section about what we are thinking for next year.

#24 ·
K20A2 said:
That would be cool, I would like to see a list. I am trying to figure out the best way for us to post them on the site.
Well... I figure a bone stock, bolt-on, nitrous, and boost Type-S, Base, and Sport Shift grid would work best. I'm thinking maybe this should transcend the forums even and maybe go onto the main site due to it's import!

#25 ·
i am glad to see that the car is running well. i wish that i could of been at bandimere on sunday to see you run those times. one of my friends was there and was very impressed by how your car did. post some pics asap. oh ya when is that dyno day?
later

#26 ·
joey said:
i am glad to see that the car is running well. i wish that i could of been at bandimere on sunday to see you run those times. one of my friends was there and was very impressed by how your car did. post some pics asap. oh ya when is that dyno day?
later
It is just running ok right now, think I blew a head gasket. The dyno day is this Saturday at 10AM. For directions check out www.dynopro.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.