What online college do you guys attend? [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: What online college do you guys attend?

dopebohy
08-18-2007, 05:12 AM
Hey guys I'm a marine in Yuma, Arizona and I'm from LA and would like to know whats a good online college I can attend with the most credits I can transfer to a UC or Cal state so when I get out I can at least be a softmore. I go to assist.org and they don't really list any colleges in Arizona. Anyone else have this dilemma?

swedersx
08-23-2007, 07:15 AM
I go to American Military University. I'm going for a Bachelors in Sports and Health Sciences, but they counted almost all of my credits from boot camp and A/C schools as electives. This is the only school I could go to while I'm in the military in order to get the major I wanted. But it's accredited (nationally and regionally), so it works for me.

As far as transferring to another school, you have to check the degree requirements for the CSU/UC you want to go to. It's easier to transfer from a 2-year college to a CSU/UC than from a 4-year.

Big Black Boss
08-23-2007, 11:38 AM
threadstarter, you might want to inquire with your career counselor at your command. they usually have good info on education matters.

or, you can see the education office or whatever you guys call it. the education office may have more info than the career counselor.

swedersx
08-24-2007, 01:44 PM
yeah your career planner won't have shit about school. Go to your education office or contact the school you ultimately plan on going to and take classes that will transfer to the major you want from that school.

Tomm
08-29-2007, 08:30 AM
I go to American Military University. I'm going for a Bachelors in Sports and Health Sciences, but they counted almost all of my credits from boot camp and A/C schools as electives. This is the only school I could go to while I'm in the military in order to get the major I wanted. But it's accredited (nationally and regionally), so it works for me.

As far as transferring to another school, you have to check the degree requirements for the CSU/UC you want to go to. It's easier to transfer from a 2-year college to a CSU/UC than from a 4-year.

Same here, except I'm in the Intelligence Analysis program... My tech school should transfer 29 credits towards my degree.

How much did you basic transfer???

swedersx
08-30-2007, 12:14 PM
I ended up getting 52 transfer credits from boot camp, MCT, A/C school, and a handful of classes I had already taken.