AIRSpeed...who else is doing it? [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: AIRSpeed...who else is doing it?

swedersx
08-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Like the title says. AIRSpeed is the military version of Lean/Six Sigma for production and maintenance.

I like to compare this to the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP). Sure, it has a few useful ideas, but the way it's taught and implemented makes the entire program utterly useless.

swedersx
08-31-2007, 01:17 PM
just me? sweet deal.

lucky you guys.

ghb2513
08-31-2007, 01:55 PM
We did Lean/Six Sigma last year at my job.

It was good I guess but all the old timers didn't participate even though it was THEIR shit we were cleaning up mostly :deadhorse

We had expired HAZMAT from the '70s that we had to get rid of :eek:

We ended up improving work flow traffic thru out the section by reorganizing everybody's desks.

Also got rid of shit that we didn't need.

And we painted all the walls and the floor.

Basically it was like a working party in the Marine Corps but I get paid ALOT more :thumbsup: :laughing: :giggitygiggity:

civiclxracer
08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
I think that's comparable to our USAF AFSO 21 lean program. We got some nice maintenance vehicles out of one of the "events" as they call it. It helps here and there but the ideas usually fade away if it's not a big enough change with enough backing.

swedersx
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM
yeah the senior enlisted and warrant officers are the ones running this shit but won't listen to anyone when new ideas are brought to the table.

all in all it's a complete waste.

ghb2513
09-04-2007, 03:03 PM
yeah the senior enlisted and warrant officers are the ones running this shit but won't listen to anyone when new ideas are brought to the table.
all in all it's a complete waste.

That's because they're ignorant bastards :rolleyes: :shakehead

Glad to see that things haven't changed in the 7 1/2 years since I EAS'd :thumbsup:

swedersx
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
That's because they're ignorant bastards :rolleyes: :shakehead

Glad to see that things haven't changed in the 7 1/2 years since I EAS'd :thumbsup:

fuckin' eh.

swedersx
10-31-2007, 07:34 AM
airspeed is still fuckin' gay.

patriotsguns
11-04-2007, 09:55 PM
airspeed works...numbers show results, production is up, waste is down...everything runs more efficient

but yeah its pretty gay when you have to tape a perimeter around everything from an engine stand to a stapler on a desk.

our command had been the tester for lean/sigma etc..we ended up being so good they decide to close the other bases that do our job now its mostly just us doing what we do.

.airspeed is good for you though get your higher airspeed quals and you get to be more attractive to other businesses out there in the civilian world.

swedersx
11-05-2007, 04:11 AM
Airspeed in the Marine Corps doesn't work. The way they implement it does not allow any one shop to differ from another. Also, the airspeed process was built around a production shop where you build something from nothing (i.e. mazda and toyota factories). Maintenance shops don't have the luxury of having every part we could ever possibly need at our fingertips, therefore jacking up the majority of the process.

I'm not saying that it won't work, but they need to rethink how they're implementing it before it will function how it is designed to, at least for us...