Why Did I Get a Mail from Selective Service System [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: Why Did I Get a Mail from Selective Service System

SamsFG2
09-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I got a mail from the sss, what is this? I have to register for a future draft? I am 18 and attending montgomery community college this week, I was not planning on attending the military.

FalsifiedProphet
09-10-2007, 05:14 PM
All males that aren't crippled and are able bodied have to register with the selective service when they turn 18 in this country. If you join the military it is waved. It doesn't mean anything unless WWIII breaks out and the army is severly depleted of soldiers in a nutshell.

SamsFG2
09-10-2007, 05:21 PM
ic, but non of my friends got this, I was the only one which confuses me.

fiveninerzero
09-10-2007, 05:22 PM
All males 18-28 are required to register for a possible draft.

HotRSX21
09-10-2007, 05:24 PM
fill it out and send it in...not that big of a deal...

SubRSX_S
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Probably because all of your friends are registered to vote and you're not. When you register to vote, you register for selective service I beleive.

Fanatik
09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I got a mail from the sss, what is this? I have to register for a future draft? I am 18 and attending montgomery community college this week, I was not planning on attending the military.

see u in iraq next yr:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

wtf is with kids these days holy fuck

does no one really no that its mandatory for 18 yr old males to reg for draft:dontknow:

just dont do it

but dont ask for federal funding of anything school, grants loans voting anything like that

FrequentFlyer
09-10-2007, 08:08 PM
I believe you can be fined if you do not send it in. I'm sure it says that on there somewhere. Something like $250,000. :D

FLiP
09-10-2007, 08:33 PM
People are so paranoid about SS.

Shit, in Korea it is mandatory for all males once they hit 18 (and not enrolled in college) to join the ROK Army and do thier time.

FLiP
09-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Double post.

Fanatik
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM
People are so paranoid about SS.

Shit, in Korea it is mandatory for all males once they hit 18 (and not enrolled in college) to join the ROK Army and do thier time.

as it should be here

its that way in most countries

everyone loves and enjoyes thier freedoms and right sbut no one wants give a a yr or 2 as a thank you to our founding fathers

FLiP
09-10-2007, 11:13 PM
as it should be here

its that way in most countries

everyone loves and enjoyes thier freedoms and right sbut no one wants give a a yr or 2 as a thank you to our founding fathers

Most Americans are spoiled. :baby:

AlabamaRSX
09-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I believe you can be fined if you do not send it in. I'm sure it says that on there somewhere. Something like $250,000. :D

i'm pretty sure you could go to jail too

Big Black Boss
09-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Most Americans are spoiled. :baby:

spoiled is an understatement.

so many people in this country (including the military too!) do not realize how good we have it here.

duffman13
09-12-2007, 03:51 PM
well i'm already in the navy and i get army recruiting pamphlets in my mailbox. WTF is up with that?

Big Black Boss
09-12-2007, 03:56 PM
well i'm already in the navy and i get army recruiting pamphlets in my mailbox. WTF is up with that?

i got a letter last year from Army ROTC and an Army recruiter after i left Navy active duty in 04.

i'm now in the reserves though.

MatchbookSS
09-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Oh noes! Selective Services!!!!!! :run: :baby:

irichards79
09-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Make sure you register for it. You need to do that for scholarships and with certain jobs (law enforcement) you have to have resistered when you were supposed to. You just need to register and other than that, don't give it another thought because it doesn't mean you are signing up for military service.

rick1024
09-15-2007, 07:12 PM
oh fuck troof overload in here.

yup most other countries require at least 2 years service and i think our country should no longer be the exception. i wonder what kind of character people would have if the freedoms and liberties they enjoy they actually had to work for? now a days people are being raised so damn spoiled, everyone getting their way and pitching a real fit when they dont, everyone wanting this whole its all good attitude where its ok for this or that to happen, but point the issue in their direction and HOLY SHIT!!!! now its a motherfucking epidemic. just join for 2 years, get 20 grand for leaving before the end of the month and carry on. no big deal.

irichards79
09-15-2007, 07:14 PM
^^^ qft + rep

Yeah I could go on and on about how there needs to be more sacrafice in this country. Even if you don't serve in the military, why aren't there the same sorts of demands being placed the civilian population today as there was during past wars (rationing, conservation, etc)? It prevents people from forgetting those serving overseas, because everyday they are being inconvienenced by these things. Not to mention the fact that increased taxes and bonds keeps the country from literally going broke paying for a war on credit or rickier foreign backed bonds. It also keeps citizens engaged in the issues surrounding a war and that holds our leaders accountable and less likely to screw up.